World of Warcraft: Legion Pre-Patch Lands Tuesday, Brings Big Changes

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
World of Warcraft: Legion Pre-Patch Lands Tuesday, Brings Big Changes

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1336/1336781.jpgThe setup path for World of Warcraft's Legion expansion brings changes to every class and the transmogrification system.

If you're a World of Warcraft player, you know that every expansion is preceded by a patch that implements many of the changes planned. This patch is no different. It will be bringing major changes to the transmogrification system, as well as a number of changes to every class in the game. It will also set the stage for the release of the Demon Hunter hero class in mid-August.

For all of those WoW players who've ever spent hours trying to find the perfect outfit for your character, the new transmog system will be a welcome change. It will make your collected items into a collection, which means that every look of every piece of gear you have ever owned will be available through the new transmog interface.

There are also changes coming to all classes. The changes are too numerous to elaborate on here, but Blizzard says that they are intended to "strengthen the distinctive identity of each of our 12 classes and their specializations." Blizzard has posted a comprehensive list of class changes and previews in this blog post [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19941175].

This patch paves the way for the release of Legion, and if you're one of those folks who pre-ordered the expansion, you'll be getting your early access to the Demon Hunter class around August 17, although Blizzard says that date is still somewhat flexible. You can also expect to see events in the game leading up to the release of Legion on August 30. You can learn more about those events in this blog post [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20176410/the-legion-pre-expansion-patch-arrives-july-19-7-15-2016].

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Most recent tuning pass pretty much killed Feral for the first raid tier. Sad, but not surprising. Will probably be going Havoc or Fire this xpac.

Kinda wish I'd started doing challenge modes earlier, but whatever. Would probably use those weapon mogs anyway.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Once again blizzard copies from Arenanet. Guild Wars 2 did this a couple years ago.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Kibeth41 said:
Worgen said:
Once again blizzard copies from Arenanet. Guild Wars 2 did this a couple years ago.
...What exactly is your complaint? And what is it that they're copying that you have an issue with?
I hate blizzard and will take almost every opportunity to snipe at them.

Vanished

Jul 5, 2014
I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the new transmog feature. Will dig into it if I ever get back to playing WoW. Something like this would be a godsend for square's mmos.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
ffronw said:
It will make your collected items into a collection, which means that every look of every piece of gear you have ever owned will be available through the new transmog interface.
Not quite. Every item currently in your inventory, bank, and void bank will be added to your transmog collection along with the appearance of quest rewards for every quest you've ever completed. However any non-quest reward items that you have sold/destroyed/otherwise gotten rid of will not be automatically added to your transmog menu.

InflatableHippo

Feb 13, 2016
Country
usa
RJ 17 said:
ffronw said:
It will make your collected items into a collection, which means that every look of every piece of gear you have ever owned will be available through the new transmog interface.
Not quite. Every item currently in your inventory, bank, and void bank will be added to your transmog collection along with the appearance of quest rewards for every quest you've ever completed. However any non-quest reward items that you have sold/destroyed/otherwise gotten rid of will not be automatically added to your transmog menu.
More to add as well. Classes can only have armor added to their wardrobe if its the proper armor type. Mages can only add cloth, Druids can only add leather etc. So if you say wanted to have all the lore master xmog from quests you would have to do all it FOUR times on each type of toon: cloth, leather, mail, plate.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
On one hand, I'm keen for this because of all the various added features and the fact I'll FINALLY be able to clear some bank space by selling the hundreds of transmog items I've accrued over the years (though now what do I put into a bank with 8 hexweave bags bolstering the space?) and the pre-launch invasion-event thing seems kinda fun.

On the other hand... man, some of the class tuning just doesn't look that good. Fury got hit with a bunch of nerfs throughout the last few weeks, I don't even know what the design plan is with Retribution Paladins (it feels like they're going to be a slower, shittier Deathknight/Warrior hybrid) and what I've heard from players on the Test Realms is that tanking and healing are still in some... weird spots. Hopefully most of that gets ironed out before Legion actually... well, hits, but as it stands I'm basically going to be spending all week after this hits testing everything out to see what's broken and what isn't. Always fun.

Worgen said:
...by having a pre-patch event? By having a pre-patch? A Transmog wardrobe? Demon Hunters? An expansion pack?

Like, shit on or snipe at Blizzard all you want, I ain't gonna stop ya, but maybe narrow down what Blizzard is copying from Arenanet here, given the OP is detailing a number of things that are happening in the World of Warcraft. Vagueness doesn't mix well with sniping, as I've discovered.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
Thought I'd reinstall WoW, because I have a 60-day-gamecard I haven't used. I don't have Legion, nor do I intend to buy it and as soon as install finished I get a message that the patch is downloading.

It's 20Gigs. On top of the original 30Gigs install. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS.

Oh well.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Wrex Brogan said:
On the other hand... man, some of the class tuning just doesn't look that good. Fury got hit with a bunch of nerfs throughout the last few weeks, I don't even know what the design plan is with Retribution Paladins (it feels like they're going to be a slower, shittier Deathknight/Warrior hybrid) and what I've heard from players on the Test Realms is that tanking and healing are still in some... weird spots. Hopefully most of that gets ironed out before Legion actually... well, hits, but as it stands I'm basically going to be spending all week after this hits testing everything out to see what's broken and what isn't. Always fun.
Don't forget that a lot of these class changes will also be really affected by not having our artifact weapons yet so it'll be difficult to get a proper feel for them at the moment.

Unless you got a beta key that is.

mxfox408

Pee Eye Em Pee Daddy
Apr 4, 2010
My Hunter got destroyed for no reason in this and even lots of hunter players are blowing up the forums.... Fuck Blizzard I unsubbed