World of Warcraft Players Could Be Homeless Forever

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
its either strange or embarrassing, that a feature like this, that has been implemented on pirated servers for years never finds it way into blizzards product.

The housing in Lotro works great and is a fun little thing for most , and a great thing for rp players

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Someone said it already, but yes...guild...BLIMPS!

I rest my case.

Ok, you want more, allow guild investment in building it, parts needed from all professions, epic parts needing 525 skill, and allow the guild to see it slowly coming together over time.

Once it's complete, all the guild leader to choose a zone and place in that zone to drop anchor, so you can have your blimp, complete with massive guild crest and title on the side, on display for all, and a free gadget for all guildies honoured with the guild, that allows them to 'hearthstone' back to the blimp.

Inside, of course, display cabinets of old epic and legendary weapons and training dummies that can only display a full tier set, giving the crazy types a reason to head back to old raids to farm them. Perhaps some kind of trophy cabinet showing a gift from each faction you're exalted with.

As you pack out your guild blimp, the outside could get larger and even more excessively overexpensive, with gold trim, tassels, jewels, lighting, etc, giving people a reason to make THEIR guild blimp something to shame Xzibit on 'Pimp Mah Blimp'.

Ok, maybe I overthought this one.

Still, who didn't like the alliance and horde war blimps in Icecrown? Who in fact landed on the wrong one like an idiot at least once?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I can see where Blizzard is coming from to be honest. I think for player housing to be work it, it needs to serve some in-game purpose other than to just be there. It's not difficult to come up with things it could be used for, but most of them would be things that a game should launch with. "Age Of Conan" had the right idea with the original concept of player cities and the like, with rival communities of NPCs/picts forming and attacking them and such. I also think it can work well as part of a crafting system. I liked the way how LoTRO implemented things like farming even if the usefulness was limited, make that kind of thing more rewarding and put the farms in people's private home instances so as to create less lag and avoid the issue of having like 30 farmers all working the same field simultaneously or whatever.

I'll also be blunt in saying that there is a demand for adult, sexual action in MMOs. Whatever you think of it, it's there. Games like "Second Life" and projects like "Red Light District" and "Naughty America Online" make this pretty obvious, as does all of the drama over hot chat and stuff online, with the occasional disturbing mistells, and stories about people getting busted for comning onto kids or whatever.

Player housing seems like a way of giving players interested in that kind of thing a place to do it undisturbed. What's more it's a feature that could be locked out for normal players and require extra verification steps to activate to ensure the ages of the people involved. They could go so far as to add the animations and stuff which only work in those instances, and then institute a hardcore ban on "adult behavior" through the rest of the game. Those who are interested could go through the trouble, other people could just ignore it.

At any rate, I think given the age that WoW is showing that Blizzard would do better to develop a housing system as part of their next MMORPG project when they develop one, rather than trying to insert it into WoW.

But then again, I'm one of those people who tends to think that Blizzard needs to retire WoW gracefully on a "leave them wanting more" note, rather than keeping it alive as long as it's simply making money until eventually nobody is interested anymore at all despite how things look right now.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Well. Roleplayers would be thrilled, as since wow started Blizzard has just played live and let live with em. We got to make due with what we got, we do good. But alot of RPers prefer more friendly games like LOTRO.

Antyways, I would love player housing anyway.

HellspawnCandy

Oct 29, 2009
Ehhh, I don't see this happening. If it's like SWG the game world would be littered with houses and if it's like Lotr(I really don't know how the housing systems works so don't flame me for it) then it'll just be a showcase for those who give a shit. But I guess it may work somehow.

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
Zer_ said:
Tom Goldman said:
A place to store and showcase your older tier items is a good start.
Yeah it would be awesome to show off the dungeon tier sets that do not drop anymore.
And different raid sets, instead of just having them rot in the bank (Because I can't stand deleting them)

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Alon Shechter said:
Guild Housing is great for those guilds who are actually social, but I don't see how player housing would do any good..
Hey! Let's go over to John's for a strong Mana potion party!
...Eh...
I won't lie, I literally lol'd at that. You sir have made my day.

OT: Player housing does not make sense, it would be a waste of data to say the least. Data that could be used for... *thinks of most frequently used content on the internet* Maybe housing isn't so bad after all...

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
A Guild Hall/Airship/Town/City/Castle would be far cooler to be frank.

Not to mention the input of player housing might reduce the cities to ghost towns.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well the main thing is you don't need that sort of stuff because it's mostly a cosmetic feature that only few would really care about, and for them to waste extra time adding that, not to mention all the extra server space it would take for those 12mil... why would they bother when they get your money anyway :D

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
High level magic users (Wages? Warlocks? been awhile since I last played WoW) could make their own pocket dimensions, inside of which could be a place to make a house. A Guild House could exist in an pocket dimension and guild members could eventually earn a Guild Badge to travel to it. An upgrade for the guild could be portals to the big cities and being able to set a hearth at the Guild House.

Just stuff thought up on the top of my head.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
I don't see it working with WoW. I can see the idea of a guild hall working, areas for crafting including trainers, class trainers, portals to the raid instances once you've entered them once, a trophie of some sort showing the downs of the raids you've been in, shit like that...yeah that'd work but a seperate housing system for everyone in WoW...I don't think so

don't get me wrong I've seen it working, Tibia does it fine, but in WoW, nope.

Feb 13, 2008
So Blizzard see no way of making homes or even player customization?

Hell's teeth, why do people play this game again?

Mr.K. said:
why would they bother when they get your money anyway :D
*sigh* yeah

Why innovate when you can just strip-milk something?

Dzil

May 20, 2009
I'm really not hurting for a lack of player housing in WOW. If I want to build and decorate a house, I'll play minecraft. Or Sims.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
bahumat42 said:
guild housing would be a better compromise.
And im more bothered about the dance studios
I like this idea. A place for guild members to converge and store/trade items, or just to talk about stuff :3 When I played WoW most of my time was spent talking to my guild, so I'd probably have used some sort of Guild HQ quite often.

Another idea for any type of housing is having a 2nd hearthstone for your house. So if you choose a house in Orgrimmar for example you'll have a hearthstone permanently set to that location.

You could have buffs depending on where you build your house maybe :3 With guild housing less popular locations would give more powerful buffs to increase traffic, and with player housing the buffs could be tailored towards specific classes. Like Silvermoon would be a great location for mages to set up camp, Undercity for warlocks etc.

Naupathia

Mar 2, 2011
Scorched_Cascade said:
You have to wonder what all the NPCs think of the millions of people that apparently just fall down and sleep in the middle of the street.

They go out and kill legendary monsters and have enough gold to build the theoretical phallus monument yet they just up and kip in the gutter. Why have the orphans not robbed them blind?

Makes me wonder if any of the Mayors have "reduce homelessness and vagrancy" as their campaign platform.
That comment was absolutely awesome

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Maybe for the RP community blizzard doesn't care even the slightest bit about. Sure they have RP servers that blizz hasn't enforced the rules on in forever leading to very few servers that actually RP and all of them are over loaded with trolls.

Every day I hate blizzard a little more and am glad I left after cataclysm.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I don't play WoW, but I fail to see what purpose Player Housing would serve other than as a place to unload your shit.