World of Warcraft Players Could Be Homeless Forever

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
I think player housing is definitely one of the sillier ideas that the community has come up with. Seems really unnecessary at this point.

RavenCrush

Aug 29, 2010
As other people have mentioned, although it is (for most of us) a dark time in our past, Runescape seems to have quite a good player housing function. They even made it a skill to increase (I can see people grinding their Construction skill up once they max Archaeology) which in its own right provided a reason for the housing. They made it relatively easy for players to come and go to other players houses as well as provide a few, somewhat simple, games for people to play, places for people to eat, heck, they even included a little arena and customizable dungeons. I'm not saying copy Jagex's ideas pixel for pixel but if Jagex can do it, I think the developers of World of Warcraft, in all their infinite wisdom, could create some sort of player housing. I would also advocate for guild housing as well, maybe certain ranks allowed to build and all members allowed to donate materials and the like, could probably just park a portal to guild housing right next to the one they should probably use for individual player housing. As a WoW Roleplayer, I would definitely appreciate unique player housing and guild housing.