World of Warcraft's Blood Elves Are Finally Getting Their Visual Update

Broderick

May 25, 2010
Li Mu said:
It always amazes me how much WoW players BAW about any changes made to their game. Actually, they also BAW when things stay the same.
I don't know if there is a category of gamers who complain more than WoW's.

I think it's a good update. I never noticed (having never rolled male BE) that they never had nipples.
I would say the gamers who complain about WoW in general are probably on par with WoW complainers. Of course, I could be wrong. I stopped going into WoW forums a long time ago; almost gave me a brain hemorrhage the last couple times.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
That emasculated male character is awful, it looks like they purposefully gave it penectomy. Why does the female blood elf have its main external gender attributes appear to be intact yet the male one would make a Ken doll in pants look like Ron Jeremy in comparison?
Are you seriously complaining about the male elf's ju... (checks picture)...
Huh. You know, you're right... It's like there's nothing there at all... XD
It pretty much confirms my assumptions about elves all along. But yeah, the male elves have no ass or junk. Maybe it makes it easier to dodge animation problems but it still looks weird.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Looks pretty good. I wondered how they were going to go about updating the blood elf model since, by design they're already kinda smooth and featureless when compared to the other Horde races.

While I admit I'd have preferred the Forsaken models to look a little more stylized I'm still landing on the positive side for all of the Horde model updates. The Orcs and Tauren look amazing and the Trolls and Forsaken got a lot of good little graphical updates to make them stand out a bit more.

I haven't paid much attention to the Alliace updates other than the Draenei (which looks better than I expected). I'm sure the Regular, Small and Fun Size human models are fine, as are the blue humans.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Broderick said:
I would say the gamers who complain about WoW in general are probably on par with WoW complainers. Of course, I could be wrong. I stopped going into WoW forums a long time ago; almost gave me a brain hemorrhage the last couple times.

That's a good point actually. There are those who complain about WOW and play it and those who complain about WOW and don't play. WOW seems to just create drama by existing. Ahaha.
I played WoW upto and including Cata and generally enjoyed myself. But eventually I found that it had become overly easy. I was a casual player who couldn't PVP for shit. The changes they made meant that my OP druid could beat anyone with ease. If someone like me could win at PVP there was something drastically wrong with the balance. What turned me off the most was the fact that it had become 'easymode'. As far as I'm concerned, casual players shouldn't be able to get the best gear. By the time I quit, everyone was wearing the exact same top tier gear which was stupidly easy to get.

That said, I still have a fond spot for the game. I don't know if they've rebalanced the game to make it less 'easymode'. I hope they have.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
It'll probably look no different in game, or horrible in a "cut scene" just like all the rest.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Diddy_Mao said:
While I admit I'd have preferred the Forsaken models to look a little more stylized I'm still landing on the positive side for all of the Horde model updates.
I'm still kinda hoping Undead will get a bunch more features... I want one where one eye is just a big socket in the skull, stuff like that. There's so much variety you can do with a race of basically-zombies but all we get is a few varieties of jawbone? Boring.

As for this update, I like it. The male no longer has bizarre looking back muscles and a lack of nipples, the female is no longer as scrawny looking. The new models are generally quite nice hordeside. Male trolls are a bit weird lookin, but then they always were. Alliance didn't get it so good, Male humans, female nelfs or draenei... that's it. I don't want to play anything else. Even the female nelfs are borderline, their new run animations are really weird.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
J Tyran said:
That emasculated male character is awful, it looks like they purposefully gave it penectomy. Why does the female blood elf have its main external gender attributes appear to be intact yet the male one would make a Ken doll in pants look like Ron Jeremy in comparison?
The rest of the warcraft males have that shit covered. Just let me have this. I know it's gratuitous and totally not what the manly men want to see but let me have this one!

Sides the only time they're gonna look like this is when creeps are ERPing in silvermoon.

Senare

Aug 6, 2010
Charli said:
The rest of the warcraft males have that shit covered. Just let me have this. I know it's gratuitous and totally not what the manly men want to see but let me have this one!

Sides the only time they're gonna look like this is when creeps are ERPing in silvermoon.
Indeed. The diversity of the eye-candy must not be compromised!

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
I think this is dreadfully insensitive and offensive, they are casually stripping that male character of one his main sexual attributes. A mans penis is psychologically important, thousands of men each year have to have a full penectomy due to penile cancer, serious groin injury and serious infections.

For many of them it takes years of therapy to come to terms with it as it cause immense psychological damage, yet here Blizzard are casually displaying an objectified male character that obviously lacks a penis. There is no way to know if any men that have suffered a penile amputation and saw this and its undone their therapy.

The you have the men that have suffer genital mutilation by abuse partners, men have had their penises cut off or mutilated. Now we already know that some women find this dreadful abuse hilariously amusing:-

Yet here are game designers casually emasculating their characters, spreading the attitude that its fine to remove a mans penis, even in art. Its insidious and harmful, if anyone doesn't think it is harmful and disagree with me they are obviously already seriously affected by this insidious idea thats becoming culturally accepted.

Attitudes like this are spreading a culture where male genital mutilation is acceptable or goes unnoticed.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
J Tyran said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
I think this is dreadfully insensitive and offensive, they are casually stripping that male character of one his main sexual attributes. A mans penis is psychologically important, thousands of men each year have to have a full penectomy due to penile cancer, serious groin injury and serious infections.

For many of them it takes years of therapy to come to terms with it as it cause immense psychological damage, yet here Blizzard are casually displaying an objectified male character that obviously lacks a penis. There is no way to know if any men that have suffered a penile amputation and saw this and its undone their therapy.

The you have the men that have suffer genital mutilation by abuse partners, men have had their penises cut off or mutilated. Now we already know that some women find this dreadful abuse hilariously amusing:-

Yet here are game designers casually emasculating their characters, spreading the attitude that its fine to remove a mans penis, even in art. Its insidious and harmful, if anyone doesn't think it is harmful and disagree with me they are obviously already seriously affected by this insidious idea thats becoming culturally accepted.

Attitudes like this are spreading a culture where make genital mutilation is the norm.
I...

I

u

wh-

Are you a real person?

Or are you Santa?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Ferisar said:
J Tyran said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:

Attitudes like this are spreading a culture where make genital mutilation is the norm.
I...

I

u

wh-

Are you a real person?

Or are you Santa?
Not Santa, Lingam.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
rofltehcat said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
It pretty much confirms my assumptions about elves all along. But yeah, the male elves have no ass or junk. Maybe it makes it easier to dodge animation problems but it still looks weird.
... Well, if it's all elves, I guess you can at least give them credit for consistency... But... Wow... XD

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
CrystalShadow said:
rofltehcat said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
... Well, if it's all elves, I guess you can at least give them credit for consistency... But... Wow... XD
Little Known Fact: Male Blood Elf genitalia, much like some Earth animals, is internal and operates via sheathe.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
LostGryphon said:
CrystalShadow said:
rofltehcat said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:
Little Known Fact: Male Blood Elf genitalia, much like some Earth animals, is internal and operates via sheathe.

Please tell me there is quest in WoW that reveals this amazing piece of trivia.
There MUST be.

Captcha: half inch
Dammit, stop making fun of blood elves!

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
LostGryphon said:
CrystalShadow said:
rofltehcat said:
CrystalShadow said:
J Tyran said:

Bhahahaha.... >_<

That was... Priceless... XD

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Another little known (or glossed over) fact regarding male genitalia;

There are types known as Growers and Showers.

Meaning that size is not always constant and wildly varies with time, temperature, stimuli and need for relief.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine but almost everywhere in books,movies, tv series and games I see guys being belittled for having a small package when not aroused.
Despite the fact that having a small package in such a state is much more advantageous than the opposite.
Just because it's small does not mean it wont get much bigger.

Looking at the picture though, it seem ..rather empty.

Apr 25, 2009
I just find it bizzare that the main focus of this thread is on the male elf's crotch. Yeah it's a bit flat, it's a cartoon character. It's always going to be covered in giant spiky armour anyway, who gives a shit?

Although it would be funny if in upcoming patch notes Blizzard were made to state that they have 'adjusted the Blood Elf male groin size'.

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
008Zulu said:
I can see they put the extra polys to good use. I haven't played WoW in... I don't know how long, I quit about 2 months ofter Lich King came out. Do the robes still look like they have been animated as if they were glued to the legs, or or they using proper cloth physics?
Now, I don't play a lot of WoW, and I'm a relatively new comer at that, but I have a blood elf rogue whose cape seems to be glued to a spot ~10 cm behind his legs. Is that an improvement?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
CWestfall said:
Now, I don't play a lot of WoW, and I'm a relatively new comer at that, but I have a blood elf rogue whose cape seems to be glued to a spot ~10 cm behind his legs. Is that an improvement?
No, that seems to have always been like that.