World of Warcraft's Charitable Moonkin Pet Now Available

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
World of Warcraft's Charitable Moonkin Pet Now Available

Blizzard has put a pair of new World of Warcraft pets up for sale with one of their proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

If you'd like to donate to a charity to help sick kids, but can't be bothered unless you get something in return, Blizzard has the perfect opportunity for you. The previously announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105139-New-WoW-Minipets-Help-Charity-Look-Damn-Cute] Moonkin Hatchling Charity Pet has just been released on the Blizzard Store for $10, with half of its proceeds through the end of 2010 going towards the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Blizzard also put up the new Lil' Ragnaros pet, but none of his proceeds go towards Make-A-Wish. We all knew that Ragnaros was a major jerk, but that's just cold. Lil' Ragnaros is a miniature version of the Molten Core boss, wielding a cute little Sulfuras legendary hammer he hopes to smash you with. He apparently hides in the planet's magma while you walk and emerges once you stop.

If you want a new World of Warcraft [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Battle-Chest-Mac/dp/B000H96C9M/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1291128394&sr=8-4] pet, it seems the only choice this year can be the Moonkin, or else you'll just have to buy both. It'll be tough to live down only purchasing Lil' Ragnaros and not helping sick kids. The Moonkin Hatchling is much more adorable anyway, featuring a pair of giant googly eyes, and it'll even plant flowers at your feet or dance with any willing participants. The only thing I can say is: "Awwwwwwww."

Last year, Blizzard held a similar sale on the Pandaren Monk pet that netted Make-A-Wish $1.1 million. Hopefully, Blizzard will write an even bigger check this year with here [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Pc/dp/B002I0HKIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291128394&sr=8-1].

Source: Battle.net [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1223948]

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I know! I saw it! Lil Ragnaros is adorable as well.

I really want that Moonkin pet. Hey Tom, wanna slide $10 my way?

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I'm not one to generally bash blizzard, but they know damn well they will sell A LOT more ragnaros's than they will sell moonkins, and yet they put moonkins as they charity pet. While any money going to charity is great on their part, it is still kinda bleh.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I'm not one for buying virtual goods such as this for characters on my account. Though I'm not against it, it's just not for me.

It's good to see them raise more money for charity though and if more of the proceeds went to charity I'd buy one.

The only virtual item I've ever bought for a character/avatar was the Save Carmine and Childs Play shirts sold by EPIC for GoW3, because all the proceeds were going to the charity.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Make a plushie and I will *gladly* pay for it. I don't play WoW anymore so buying an in-game pet seems a bit silly.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Jiraiya72 said:
I'm not one to generally bash blizzard, but they know damn well they will sell A LOT more ragnaros's than they will sell moonkins, and yet they put moonkins as they charity pet. While any money going to charity is great on their part, it is still kinda bleh.
You sure? I've seen way more moonkins than Rags around.

They do the moonkin /dance. *What more do you want?*

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Rags purges critters with fire and counts as a campfire to cook from. Plus he sqees "Too Soon!" when you summon him.

I sqee'd too :D

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I bought the Moonkin, because I want to help the kiddies. As soon as the servers are up, I'm gonna annoy everyone with it =)

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
John Funk said:
Jiraiya72 said:
You sure? I've seen way more moonkins than Rags around.

They do the moonkin /dance. *What more do you want?*
When I was on last night I saw like 6 rags for every 1 moonkin. There weren't many that I saw.