World Record Q*bert Quest Ends in Failure

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Kingsnake661 said:
icyneesan said:
Andy Chalk said:
And before you ask, I have no idea what he does when he has to pee.
Probably the same thing a lot of other guys do when they need to pee.

A.) Hold it in.
B.) Pee into a bottle/other urine containing device.
C.) Wet themselves.
A.) I some will power, but holding it for 70 HOURS... i don't see that happening.
B.) I don't remember Qbert well enough to rember if it pauses or not, but, on higher levels you just can't take your hands of the controls long enough to... er, aim. And i'm not sure how pausing works itself into a world record attempt...
C.) This, is the only possible was i see it going down. maybe he's got him some depends on or something...
Well his friend was with him. I suppose he could put the bottle up to the... area...

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Toasty Virus said:
I think that guy needs a job.
My thought exactly. This is one of those things that make gamers stand out as losers. However if he had made the record we would stand out as winners.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
icyneesan said:
Kingsnake661 said:
icyneesan said:
Andy Chalk said:
And before you ask, I have no idea what he does when he has to pee.
Probably the same thing a lot of other guys do when they need to pee.

A.) Hold it in.
B.) Pee into a bottle/other urine containing device.
C.) Wet themselves.
A.) I some will power, but holding it for 70 HOURS... i don't see that happening.
B.) I don't remember Qbert well enough to rember if it pauses or not, but, on higher levels you just can't take your hands of the controls long enough to... er, aim. And i'm not sure how pausing works itself into a world record attempt...
C.) This, is the only possible was i see it going down. maybe he's got him some depends on or something...
Well his friend was with him. I suppose he could put the bottle up to the... area...
LOL. This brough up a conversation i'd had with one of my 2 closest friends. I'd been complaining about my arms. The right one in perticular. Doc had said i'd prolly got a case of carrpul tunnel starting, because of my WORK (all on a computer) and HOBBY (computer gaming) ((i specifiy because peoples minds... tend to wander to the gutter...)).

He'd told me his brother had the surgery for that, and his hands were messed up so bad he needed his wife to help him pee for the better part of 2 or 3 weeks. This... would present a problem for me, being single and all... I look at him, and reading my mind said, "Your like a brother to me, I'd take a bullet for you, but god no. Not ever. Not even if your bladdler depended on it."

So... it's good to know where we stand. Take a bullet for me, sure, but helping with bathroom emergincey are where he draws the line. LOL. Course... i can't say i'd be quick to help him if the situation was revirsed. Not that anything ever came of it. The wrist braces seem to have worked for me for now.

curtisalanmcgee

Mar 14, 2011
It looks to me that he has a job/life. He sets world records in video games for a living. I can only wish that I had that kind of commitment to a goal. If he went that long, I imagine that he will eventually do it.