World's First 3D TV Games Unveiled

Feb 13, 2008
World's First 3D TV Games Unveiled

Blitz Game Studios [http://www.blitzgamesstudios.com] is bringing stereoscopic 3D games for the XBox 360/PS3.

In front of an audience packed with members from Sony [http://www.disney.go.com]: Blitz Game Studio's CTO Andrew Oliver revealed the first of the series of games that prove that a humble Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 can create games that replicate the full HD 3D experience.

In his speech Oliver said, "Many TV manufacturers are already selling sets capable of displaying 3D imagery and we envisage that these sets will rapidly gain popularity as content in the form of movies and games becomes available. Our technology allows for games to run in both 2D and 3D in one version - by simply flicking a 'switch' between them. It really has to be seen to be believed."

Fronken

May 10, 2008
He's right, that has to be seen to be believed, as im very sceptical of it, though it do really hope that it is true and will become a new form of gaming, that would be awesome, only bad thing is that horror games wont sell anymore...cause no one would be able to play them without wetting themselfs xD

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
I liked what Johnny Chung Lee did with head tracking on the Wii. I haven't really researched it lately, but I am somewhat curious if it is getting anymore attention, or if it has improved at all. It'd be interesting to see "virtual reality" games out there.

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
Jeez Root, you're just pumping out news like crazy aren't you? But no, seriously, good job with the News Contribution job.

Anyways, am I going to have to wear 3D glasses for this?

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
mydogisblue said:
Jeez Root, you're just pumping out news like crazy aren't you? But no, seriously, good job with the News Contribution job.

Well, I will say that the new 3D glasses they've been making actually work, unlike the crappy red-and-blue ones I grew up with.

Feb 13, 2008
mydogisblue said:
Hey, you think I got 4000+ posts by just talking rubbish? :)

Hope I can keep you lot informed/entertained.

olicon

May 8, 2008
Interesting news.
Well, I would want to see it in action. I probably wouldn't play it though. Every attempt at turning things 3D so far caused me massive headaches--damn IMAX theater, etc.

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
Sounds cool. I might not buy it, but it sounds cool.

Rankao

Mar 10, 2008
Yeh! Now my one eye brother will no longer be gaming because he will see everything in doubles.

Feb 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
mydogisblue said:
Hey, you think I got 4000+ posts by just talking rubbish? :)
No, you got them by talking Doctor Who.
You do have a point. But I have a special surprise lined up for my Xmas Report.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
xitel said:
mydogisblue said:

Well, I will say that the new 3D glasses they've been making actually work, unlike the crappy red-and-blue ones I grew up with.
If your talking about the new polarized 3d glasses they hand out for the 3d cinema movies they do seem to work, but only when something pops off the screen which doesn't happen very often. I have only seen journey to the center of the earth with them though so that is all I have to base my opinion on. They also strained my eyes fairly badly, don't think I could spend more then an hour or two with them on at a time.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Thanks Root, you're doing an awesome job with the news.

I've never heard of Blitz and I'm always skeptical when a company I've never heard of claims an innovation in gaming.

Feb 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
About that: Please remember that the BBC Doctor Who Christmas Special is not worldwide, no matter how much I plead with both the ABC and the BBC, and most of us won't see it til mid-winter. So, please no spoilers, no ZOMG PRINCE HARRY IS THE NEW DOCTOR, or something like that?
Well, point 1 : The Christmas Special will be netwide [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/3525327/BBC-broadcasts-BBC-One-and-Two-live-over-internet.html]
Point 2: Doctor Who is a serious business. Do you really think I'd spoil it?
Point 3: ZOMG! HE IS??

;)