Worst achievements.....

tucanjamal

May 13, 2009
Chicago Ted said:
tucanjamal said:
What are the worst achievements/trophies in yuor opinon?

Mine would have to be Remember September '44 because to get it you have to play on a certain day which seems stupid
Erm... That's Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway. The reason for that achievemnt is because the game is centred around Market Garden and the achievement is sorta tied in with that that's when it actually happened. There are other worse play time achievements in that game. Like the one that demands you play once a day for 100 days straight.
Yea but you could just suck at strategy games and have to play it a little bit every day for 100 days to beat it on authentic or something

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Seriously from Gears of War.
Hehe, yeah right Epic, I actually have a life.

-Orpheus-

May 5, 2009
I agree that the level ones aren't worth a great deal. The most annoying ones, however, are the ones based on time and not skill. I don't care if a trophy is super hard to get so long as it is achieved by either doing something well or by an unusual method. The achieve x-million points in online matches type drive me insane. They require zero skill and simply 100% devotion to a single game for months on end.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
popdafoo said:
All of Eat Lead's achievements. They're hilarious, but mostly pointless. Like you get one for pausing the game.
I think that was the point. They made their achievements pointless because the game was pointless.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
gof22 said:
I think that was the point. They made their achievements pointless because the game was pointless.
Yeah. That was actually one of the most creative games I have ever played.

dnnydllr

Apr 5, 2009
Curtmiester said:
VitalSigns said:
Curtmiester said:
Those ones you get for beating a level. I'll take the ones for beating the game but not the levels. Thats just dumb.
Never understood this, achievements acting like check marks of progress seems to make enough sense to me. Achievements that require you to beat one of the designers of the game, its just a little stupid.

Also Hidden achievements are retarded.
So achievements are made to record progress in games? I kinda thought the save button was for that...
Why's it hard to see that beating a level is an achievement? That's kinda the point of the achievement system. And yes, it can help you get through a game.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
tucanjamal said:
Amethyst Wind said:
Conveant0 said:
I'll go with Mass Effect's completionist achievement... Seriously? They want us to go over the game fully 4 times, completing EVERYTHING each time?
Um, what?

I've only played through Mass Effect once and I have this achievement. You just need to do 90% of the game's quests and missions.
I might be wrong but they might be talking about getting the ally things to. Not sure but yea.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Completionist_Achievement_Guide

No, the achievement requires you complete 100% of the game, which includes the achievements for allys (Of which you can only get two per attempt in campaign, and each time require 75% of both missions and optional assignments completed to ), and also all romance subplots (Of which there is four). I like the game, but this is a step to far in my opinion.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
I think that was the point of the Achievment. The name itself was a joke based on that logic.

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
Evilbunny said:
Those stupid achievements in Assassin's Creed that required you to collect all those flags. Really, who the hell would do that? Who is THAT desperate for achievements?
*cough* What? No. I wouldn't do that. That is stupid. *exits quickly*

Completeing a game for an achievement isn't so bad. There are people I know who don't complete games. There was this one girl who is a "epic, Tomb Raider is my life" chick who has NEVER completed a single TR game. EVER. Her reason: "It's scary!". True story.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
maddawg IAJI said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
I think that was the point of the Achievment. The name itself was a joke based on that logic.
Yeah. That certainly was the first thing in my mind. Followed Up very Quickly by: "Dude.. The fuck.."

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
popdafoo said:
gof22 said:
Yeah. That was actually one of the most creative games I have ever played.
It was pretty creative. The game sucked over all but the comedy was quite good.

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
The ones you get for inane shit.

You bought a skill that we made you buy anyways to progress the game!

You completed a level!

You shot a dude!

Or the insane shit that only the terminally lifeless can get.

Complete all levels on hard difficulty without taking damage and with no saves

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
maddawg IAJI said:
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Yeah. That certainly was the first thing in my mind. Followed Up very Quickly by: "Dude.. The fuck.."
You should see Seriously 2.0 Kill 100,000,000 (Or it may be 1,000,000,000). Of course the game counts every kill from the singleplayer to horde mode but the number is just crazy. I saw people with the Achievment after 1 week after it's release.

Painkiller35

Jun 6, 2009
I think it goes to CoD:WaW. There is a Purple Heart Achievment for dying a certain amount of times. It's like saying, aww you suck... have an achievment poor guy... I sadly, do not have this achievment.