Worst Boss fight in a game ever

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
fanklok said:
the boss in FF:X any boss you can kill in one hit hits a 17 imaginarynumberillion on the suckage scale
That one was actually really good (and hard)..if you didn't do all the 'big' sidequests yet.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Overlord one final boss, The same dialogue repeated over and over is a terrible idea. Although in retrospect there was not a single aspect of overlord that was good anyway.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
ultracheeser said:
The Rockerfly said:
Hmm I think Oblivion has got to be one of the worst

Run up to someone, give them a stone and watch 5 minutes of cutscene and he's dead
I loved Oblivion's ending. It really was cool running outside of the imperial palace to see the Imperial City besieged and then Mehrunes Dagon himself. The whole thing when Martin turns into the avatar of Akatosh was pretty cool to. The whole battle between him and Dagon was just plain sweet.
Yeah but for a final boss fight it was bit rubbish, you didn't do anything

andwinbur

May 22, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Oh yeah, the Brumak (spelling?) in Gears 2 sucked. Hold down button, win the game.

Why do final bosses almost always suck?
not all bosses suck, I mean Devil May Cry had a decent last boss, even though that was eight years ago ... OK fair point

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
Jay Cee said:
Fontaine at the end of Bioshock.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed every luscious second of Bioshock's incredible storytelling and gameplay, but even the developers admit to regretting that finale.
So true, it really wasn't a fitting end to such a fantastic game.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
The final form of the final boss fight from FFX. You go through all that trouble, only to find out he dies instantly from a Phoenix Down or Life spell. Very anti-climactic.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
the Living Poseidon Statue in Age of Mythology. its fucking epic, but its just too easy man. you dont have to do shit except him with your uber-hero. of course, it is an rts, so i cant except very much.

it would have been nice if you had to do shit, like the bosses in Dawn of War 2, besides the fact that they are too easy and the early ones (ive only played the demo because my pc cant handle the graphics) is all dodging way too obvious/huge attack markers and grenades.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
The spider-tank-thing fight from the PS3 version of Turok. What you have to do to beat it is walk INTO ITS' FIRE ZONE and pick up some RPG's to fire at it; while you are doing this, it decides you make a lovely target and begins firing at you. It hits every time, kills you in 3 shots, and each shot knocks you down and turns you around. On top of all that, there's no sprint button.

It's not even the final boss, probably nowhere near the final boss.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
I do believe the "boss" for Fable 2 is a noted example of suckatude.

You walk up to a guy with a mcguffin and either blast him in the chest with a pistol or wait for Stephen Fry to do it.
exactly this. i was listening to him babble on to see if he would do anything, then i got bored of him and shot him in the face with a blunderbuss

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
The tunnel worm about halfway through Ninja Gaiden 2. There's really no logical way to fight it other than charge up an ultimate and hope it connects when the worm comes around again, then duck away after you hit it. If you miss or don't get away fast enough, you lose roughly 60-70% of your health when it drags you, grinding against the wall, a long distance through the tunnel (and that's only on NORMAL difficulty!) Screw all the responses against anti-climactic bosses. This one was just unfair.

Rekaem

Feb 22, 2009
Hum.. the last boss in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes disappointed me somewhat. I was sitting there playing it with my brother watching and he commented that "This last boss seems really easy.", to which I replied "Naah, this can't be the last boss. Its dying way too fast.". Then it died, and the game ended.

I was displeased.

Also, in Halo 3, I think I sort of consider the final warthog driving section to be the "final boss". Because its really damn hard. Well, at least, its sort of mandatory to die a few times before you can actually do it, unless you've memorised which panels explode and when.

iamthehorde

Mar 2, 2009
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
The tunnel worm about halfway through Ninja Gaiden 2. There's really no logical way to fight it other than charge up an ultimate and hope it connects when the worm comes around again, then duck away after you hit it. If you miss or don't get away fast enough, you lose roughly 60-70% of your health when it drags you, grinding against the wall, a long distance through the tunnel (and that's only on NORMAL difficulty!) Screw all the responses against anti-climactic bosses. This one was just unfair.
i hated that boss! it took me 2 hours to defeat him. but the second boss was even more ridiculous! first time was like okay i´m gonna *****-slap you, he hits me three times inna second. it felt like instant death.

Davidmcawesome

Feb 2, 2009
FinalHeart95 said:
Demyx on Kingdom Hearts 2. The boss itself was easy as hell. Then he summoned water guys that you have to kill using a reaction command in 10 seconds. The worst part was that I had some skills that were activated by pressing the same button that you needed to press for the reaction commands. I ended up using these skills thus making it impossible to kill the water guys in time.

The rest of the bosses in this game were a piece of cake (I could see someone making a case for Xaldin though), just this guy. It wasn't even the boss itself either!
Absolutely, that was the ultimate QTE sin.

Pm0n3y

An emaciated shadow
Jul 29, 2009
Vamp in MGS4.
he was easy to kill, but just didn't die!
it took me and my friend almost a half an hour to figure out that you had to use that needle on him.

Nareik45

Jul 30, 2009
-Zen- said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Ninja gaiden 2, when you have to fight 2 giant fire turtles, one of which was a boss on it's own halfway through the game. it gets you in an inescapable get hit-get up-get hit pattern pretty quickly
Dear God, this. Hell, nearly all the boss fights in Ninja Gaiden 2 are horrible, as they are unreasonably difficult.
This is true but I find Genjin's final form to be the biggest ***** of the lot