Worst Boss fight in a game ever

nagato

Feb 11, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Timbydude said:
Flying-Emu said:
The final boss in No More Heroes was the biggest piece of crap ever.

Her special, climactic power is to make the level a tiny bit smaller. Whoopdee fucking do.
Um...she wasn't the final boss. I'm guessing you didn't select the "True Ending" option? The actual final boss took me about 20 minutes of CONSTANT attacking to bring down.
Can't select True Ending until you beat the game on Bitter, which I'm doing right now ;3
Actually, I got True Ending on my first play through, I think all you need to do is buy the MK.III Beam Katana.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
nagato said:
Flying-Emu said:
Timbydude said:
Flying-Emu said:

Her special, climactic power is to make the level a tiny bit smaller. Whoopdee fucking do.
Um...she wasn't the final boss. I'm guessing you didn't select the "True Ending" option? The actual final boss took me about 20 minutes of CONSTANT attacking to bring down.
Can't select True Ending until you beat the game on Bitter, which I'm doing right now ;3
Actually, I got True Ending on my first play through, I think all you need to do is buy the MK.III Beam Katana.
That's weird... I bought the Mk. III. That's the one that's built off of the Japanese sword, right?

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Gears 2 boss. Why isn't it just a cutscene I mean you literally just have to hold down the fire button. It was a dissapoinment cause general RAAM was such good(fucking ridiculously hard) boss at the end of the first Gears.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
That second to last guy on Grandia 3. 'Elf'ina's brother or something like that. I don't even remember the battle, itself. It was the bad cutscenes there were before and after it that grated my nerves. "Oh, I'm sorry. I should have loved after all!" or something like that. I know the entire game had drivel like that, but if I'm going to fight a guy that took out beasts twenty stories tall in one swipe, I want him to have a better reason for being there; more or less a better reason for fighting. And a better scene after I mop the alter with him. It drained all the excitement out of fighting the last boss.

And let us not forget the final boss in FFXII. I completely neglected the optional dungeon and optional summons (I think I only had one summon the entire game and hardly used it). Yet I killed that bastard with little to no effort. Don't get me started on the town-destroying Dreidel of Doom as well. Dragon my ass.

linchowlewy

Nov 27, 2008
The Gears 2 bosses were pretty shit, although i did enjoy cutting up the worms heart, but most of them just amount to "hold down/tap button".

other than that i can't think og any shit bosses, mind you i'm expecing someone to say the bossfight in MGS4, even though i loved it.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I'm gonna have to go with Atlas from Bioshock. It was just an embarresment that he was weaker then the big daddys and that by simply using Anti-Personel rounds his health never stood a chance. Seriously though a boss should be stronger then the Tank heads walking around the city.

The Brumak in Gears of war 2 had so much potentiol. Why did the final boss have to suck when the rest of the game was awsome.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah Atlas was dissapointingly easy, the little splicer minions and security bots were by far the hardest part of that fight.

c0rtha

Mar 7, 2009
Insanum said:
c0rtha said:
c0rtha said:
Booze Zombie said:
I do believe the "boss" for Fable 2 is a noted example of suckatude.

You walk up to a guy with a mcguffin and either blast him in the chest with a pistol or wait for Stephen Fry to do it.
im pretty sure this thread is gonna turn into a hate fest of fable 2's ending

lets hope the next 3 fable games have better endings :)
open world fable? idno man i wanna know where they gonna base the next three games, they cant keep goin 500 years in the future, i think id kill myself if theres a WW2 fable game
havent you heard? Fable 3 Going to have a whole family system, where your kids grow up. They also have flying pigs, the ability to shoot children, jets, Indians...it can also do your homework & go to work for you. basically everything Peter Molenioux(sp?) says.
yeah haha, the first one was supposed to have real time vegetation (the plants look like how the look outside) adapting to the "real-life" seasons. i wish the kids did grow up, fable 2 fucked p the families, if you dont spend every second of every day with your wife she divorces you, fukn *****

Sabre_of_Pain

Feb 19, 2009
the final boss in prince of persia (for xbox 360) is TERRIBLE its the exact same fight pretty much that the other 4 bosses are just with a little more hp and blocks more often its also easy as hell

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
c0rtha said:
yeah haha, the first one was supposed to have real time vegetation (the plants look like how the look outside) adapting to the "real-life" seasons. i wish the kids did grow up, fable 2 fucked p the families, if you dont spend every second of every day with your wife she divorces you, fukn *****
Yeah, i was told, or at least heavily hinted at, that fable 2 would go through the full 4 seasons in a game time, Which was true, but i thought they meant outside of story progression.

pyros550

Jan 25, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
Timbydude said:
Flying-Emu said:

I think that's the only time i've had to stpo playing and select an easier difficulty to beat that bastard

Hoppetussa

Sep 24, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
nagato said:
Flying-Emu said:
Timbydude said:
Flying-Emu said:

That's weird... I bought the Mk. III. That's the one that's built off of the Japanese sword, right?
I believe you have to buy all the beam katanas in the game. It worked for me.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Hmm I think Oblivion has got to be one of the worst

Run up to someone, give them a stone and watch 5 minutes of cutscene and he's dead

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
The Kraken in Tomb Raider: Underworld ( I think thats the game) I didnt fight it, my cusin did, that was the most boring boss fight in gaming history, it didnt even attack you,its just there, then you drop a latern thing on it, made of fail if you ask me.

Ironic

Sep 30, 2008
From the posts on the first page, it has become clear to me that I NEED TO GET NINJA GAIDEN. I love impossibly hard games, until I get bored of dying that is.

Not so much a traditional "boss", but remember the first Burnout game? You had to do special races against one other car to unlock certain cars, and there was one against a silver car with a black top that REALLY pissed me off. I could never beat it. I also thought the first Burnout as a whole was pretty hard, one tiny tap on a car and "BOOSH" times slows down, insurance figure, down a couple places.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
What was wrong with Fable 2? Seriously? How much punishment do you think a guy in his seventies can take? Also, why is that ending so bad when Call of Duty 4's ending was fantastic?

You're all wrong, anyway. The worst final boss of all time was, in fact, in Gun. All the rest of the bosses are vaguely realistic, until you get to the final boss who has the magical armour of bullet stopping, meaning you have to lure him onto geysers as you throw dynamite down them. Whaaaat the fuck?