Worst Boss fight in a game ever

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
zelda twilight princess. the second boss has a chain on its foot and a glowing crystal on it's head and I have just received bow and iron boots...

DanP

Jan 10, 2009
ultracheeser said:
Zelda OoT. Wow that sucked.
agreed, for such a totally kick ass game you then end up playing bloody tennis and then standing under some ogre's crotch and hitting him in the "weak spot". just incase you turned into a retard at the final knockings they paint it rainbow colours in case you may possibly miss it!!

spuddyt

Nov 22, 2008
ducttapestranger said:
Metroid Fusion; the omega metroid in the hanger area with the count down. The rest of the game was pretty fun, but the last boss was ridiculously simple to beat.

Actually, lots of those bosses in Metroid Fusion and Zero-Mission were rather easy. Nevermind.
It was strange, the first time I fought the omega metroid I found it incredibly easy too, but going back to do it again I suddenly discovered I had suddenly lost the ability to not get killed by it -_-, yet strangely I never found the SAX hard.
Also fusion contained nightmare, who if I recall correctly was an ASS to kill

Rynamo AV

Jul 23, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Oh yeah, the Brumak (spelling?) in Gears 2 sucked. Hold down button, win the game.

Why do final bosses almost always suck?
This. It's not really much of a boss fight, more of a test to see if you can shoot straight.

Samuel Cook

and Greg Puciato.
Jan 2, 2009
Rand-m said:
I once played this Spiderman game (I don't remember which one) and there was a part where you walked into a convenience store and saw Mysterio. An epic cutscene ensued, and at the end of the cutscene, they let you take over at controls, as with all boss fights in the game. I punch him once and he turns into a puff of smoke. Fight over.
I choose this one too.. In the cutscene his health bar goes up 3 or 4 times, I can remember kacking myself when I saw that, but then one punch and you break that fishbowl on his head. I was both relieved and incredibly disappointed.

Mindblow

Jul 3, 2009
God of war: Chains of Olympus. The end boss of that game was absurdly difficult on the hardest setting! I think there's still teeth marks left in my PSP from that boss.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
ChocoCake said:
I gotta admit, the "boss fight" at the original ending of Fallout 3 was terribly disappointing. All I had to do was
punch in some numbers and die
or
make someone else do it.
They could have at least allowed me to fight the mutant god or something.
You are doing it wrong, that is not a boss fight, it's a choice. In fact I do not recall Fallout 3 having boss fights at all.

I'm going with the last boss in Halo 3. It's a ball that almost has a lazer and you have the BFG 9000 Halo edition.

Wait I don't think that qualifies as a boss fight... does it?

The Rockerfly said:
Hmm I think Oblivion has got to be one of the worst

Run up to someone, give them a stone and watch 5 minutes of cutscene and he's dead
Again it's not a BOSS FIGHT. It's a mish followed by a cutscene.

I really am a dick and I enjoy it. Thank you.

Moriarty

Apr 29, 2009
LordCuthberton said:
Space Spoons said:
Star Wolf on Fichina from Star Fox 64. They're set up to be this really awesome, rival squadron, you know? When they come in, you think they're really going to be challenging, and then you find out they go down with just a few well placed charge-shots. Disappointing.

Of course, the rematch on Venom is another matter entirely. That was brutal.
I think that was the whole idea behind it, so you thought the quirky characters would go down easily again ~ Then Falco is shot down with Peppy...leaving you and slippy to kill a now crack team of pilots because you underestimated them...
the worst thing about that fight is, the level before it is specifically designed to kill of your teammates. I never cared about them before, but fighting star wolf ALONE...

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Insanum said:
havent you heard? Fable 3 Going to have a whole family system, where your kids grow up. They also have flying pigs, the ability to shoot children, jets, Indians...it can also do your homework & go to work for you. basically everything Peter Molenioux(sp?) says.
He puts the Z in Molyneux, it's Peter Molyneux!

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Blindrooster said:
Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Lucien in Fable 2. i was incredibly powerful...... and then i shoot that wuss with a pistol. YAY CLIMACTIC!
I was kind of dissapointed with the final boss in mass effect as well. he rides the same glider the green Goblin does, you shoot him, so he becomes a leaping frog robot...... it was too easy if you were prepared.

You want a climactic boss fight? Try Turok for the 360...... Fighting a mutant t-rex with a bow surrounded by lava. EPIC lol
Finally SOME praise for that game. I don't really see what was so "wrong" with it. Many seemed to think it was the aiming, I guess, but that really just needed to be adjusted to.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
jaammiie said:
Insanum said:
havent you heard? Fable 3 Going to have a whole family system, where your kids grow up. They also have flying pigs, the ability to shoot children, jets, Indians...it can also do your homework & go to work for you. basically everything Peter Molenioux(sp?) says.
So is the joke that none of those things are really going to be in the game? I can understand the jets and flying pigs not being there, but everything else seems to be in the logical direction of the series. Particularly the Indians, as it would likely be set in the colonial era, now that we are through with the middle ages and the rennas... rennascean... the thing with all the inventors! I have never been able to spell that.

TotallyFake

Jun 14, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
I was thinking of playing Metroid Prime 2, but then I remembered all the things I hate about the game. Specifically, the Boost Guardian.

The Boost Guardian is one of the most frustrating enemies I have ever fought in a game. The boss itself is not hard, it's just that you have to fight the boss in an area filled with poisonous air that slowly kills you. It takes to damn long to kill the boss so you can die easily. Poisonous air is frustrating enough, but then you make me fight a boss in it? Even with all the energy tanks you can get up til that point that boss is still a *****.

Also, despite being a sub-boss, the Boost Guardian is harder than almost all of the other bosses in the game.

Oh yeah, the final boss in Metroid Prime is a disappointment. The first form is fun to fight, and I would have been satisfied with that being the whole boss fight. But no, the second form ruins the whole thing. It has one attack, which you dodge by jumping over it. Fun.
Oh god that boss was horrible. I'm thinking of buying the MP:Trilogy with the Wii controls when it comes out, but I can't face that bloody boost guardian. Which is a shame, because the other bosses in Prime 2 are fantastic, the giant morphing moth, the gigantic spinner and the enormously complex final boss segment. Gimmick bosses at their best.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
KingPiccolOwned said:
jaammiie said:
Insanum said:
So is the joke that none of those things are really going to be in the game? I can understand the jets and flying pigs not being there, but everything else seems to be in the logical direction of the series. Particularly the Indians, as it would likely be set in the colonial era, now that we are through with the middle ages and the rennas... rennascean... the thing with all the inventors! I have never been able to spell that.
Whatever Peter Molywhatever says is true and will happen. He can't lie. He is overall awesome. There will be fully interactable flying pigs. You can use the to travel and sort you mail.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
WickedSkin said:
ChocoCake said:
I gotta admit, the "boss fight" at the original ending of Fallout 3 was terribly disappointing. All I had to do was
or
make someone else do it.
You are doing it wrong, that is not a boss fight, it's a choice. In fact I do not recall Fallout 3 having boss fights at all.

I'm going with the last boss in Halo 3. It's a ball that almost has a lazer and you have the BFG 9000 Halo edition.

The Rockerfly said:

Run up to someone, give them a stone and watch 5 minutes of cutscene and he's dead
That is true but I think that was also their point. There was no boss fight to be had where there should've been and incredibly epic one. Also I would argue that the super mutant behemoths are something of a boss, or as close as you could get to one in Fallout 3 as there is a small number of them, and they're incredibly powerful compared to everything else.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
WickedSkin said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
jaammiie said:
Insanum said:
Whatever Peter Molywhatever says is true and will happen. He can't lie. He is overall awesome. There will be fully interactable flying pigs. You can use the to travel and sort you mail.
I was asking them.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
KingPiccolOwned said:
WickedSkin said:
ChocoCake said:
or
make someone else do it.

The Rockerfly said:

That is true but I think that was also their point. There was no boss fight to be had where there should've been and incredibly epic one. Also I would argue that the super mutant behemoths are something of a boss, or as close as you could get to one in Fallout 3 as there is a small number of them, and they're incredibly powerful compared to everything else.
But this was about boss fights and there were none.

Yes they are but I don't think they are ment to be bosses like God of War has bosses or Final Fantasy 7.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
KingPiccolOwned said:
WickedSkin said:
KingPiccolOwned said:
jaammiie said:
Insanum said:
I was asking them.
I was ignoring that.

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
JRCB said:
KRoNuS Gai said:
The "Moniter Boss Fight" at the end of halo 3
I will second this motion, because it is the easiest thing to do when playing on legendary.
On legendary the turrets I placed out in the door that turn on you after this fight raped me a few times.