Worst Boss fight in a game ever

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
the boss in FF:X any boss you can kill in one hit hits a 17 imaginarynumberillion on the suckage scale

V379

Jul 23, 2009
Fighting saren at the end of ME, first he flys around shooting with his 3 hit NPC kill gun, and then he gets fast as bejeesus, and you gain levels at the end possibly, but you can't do anything with the xp that actually matters.

ducttapestranger

Jul 25, 2009
Metroid Fusion; the omega metroid in the hanger area with the count down. The rest of the game was pretty fun, but the last boss was ridiculously simple to beat.

Actually, lots of those bosses in Metroid Fusion and Zero-Mission were rather easy. Nevermind.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Lucifer in Painkiller.

You kill 66 ghosts, get demon morph, you see Lucifer and start blasting him, somehow he dies...
60-90 seconds to reach the place where a lot of ghosts spawn, 30 seconds to get 66 kills and less than 15 seconds before Lucifer dies.

V379 said:
Fighting saren at the end of ME, first he flys around shooting with his 3 hit NPC kill gun, and then he gets fast as bejeesus, and you gain levels at the end possibly, but you can't do anything with the xp that actually matters.
He kills himself.

T3h Merc

Dec 24, 2008
The boss fight in Bioshock.

The bastard just kind of died after I gave him 10 shotgun shells and a couple of Incenerates.

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
Hate to jump on the bandwagon, but Lucien in Fable 2. i was incredibly powerful...... and then i shoot that wuss with a pistol. YAY CLIMACTIC!
I was kind of dissapointed with the final boss in mass effect as well. he rides the same glider the green Goblin does, you shoot him, so he becomes a leaping frog robot...... it was too easy if you were prepared.

You want a climactic boss fight? Try Turok for the 360...... Fighting a mutant t-rex with a bow surrounded by lava. EPIC lol

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
Star Wolf on Fichina from Star Fox 64. They're set up to be this really awesome, rival squadron, you know? When they come in, you think they're really going to be challenging, and then you find out they go down with just a few well placed charge-shots. Disappointing.

Of course, the rematch on Venom is another matter entirely. That was brutal.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Flying-Emu said:
The final boss in No More Heroes was the biggest piece of crap ever.

Her special, climactic power is to make the level a tiny bit smaller. Whoopdee fucking do.
Um...she wasn't the final boss. I'm guessing you didn't select the "True Ending" option? The actual final boss took me about 20 minutes of CONSTANT attacking to bring down.

V379

Jul 23, 2009
Flour said:
Lucifer in Painkiller.

You kill 66 ghosts, get demon morph, you see Lucifer and start blasting him, somehow he dies...
60-90 seconds to reach the place where a lot of ghosts spawn, 30 seconds to get 66 kills and less than 15 seconds before Lucifer dies.

V379 said:
He kills himself.
Thanks for ruining the end of painkiller for me ;P, and I didn't have my speech high enough to get past it, and it was rather satisfying to kill saren with my shotty.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Timbydude said:
Flying-Emu said:
The final boss in No More Heroes was the biggest piece of crap ever.

Her special, climactic power is to make the level a tiny bit smaller. Whoopdee fucking do.
Um...she wasn't the final boss. I'm guessing you didn't select the "True Ending" option? The actual final boss took me about 20 minutes of CONSTANT attacking to bring down.
Can't select True Ending until you beat the game on Bitter, which I'm doing right now ;3

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Ninja gaiden 2, when you have to fight 2 giant fire turtles, one of which was a boss on it's own halfway through the game. it gets you in an inescapable get hit-get up-get hit pattern pretty quickly

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
I once played this Spiderman game (I don't remember which one) and there was a part where you walked into a convenience store and saw Mysterio. An epic cutscene ensued, and at the end of the cutscene, they let you take over at controls, as with all boss fights in the game. I punch him once and he turns into a puff of smoke. Fight over.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Ninja gaiden 2, when you have to fight 2 giant fire turtles, one of which was a boss on it's own halfway through the game. it gets you in an inescapable get hit-get up-get hit pattern pretty quickly
Dear God, this. Hell, nearly all the boss fights in Ninja Gaiden 2 are horrible, as they are unreasonably difficult.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Oh yeah, the Brumak (spelling?) in Gears 2 sucked. Hold down button, win the game.

Why do final bosses almost always suck?
The Boss at the end of MGS3 was badass.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Chrono cross: earlier in the final dungeon you see a pattern of colors. You have to cast spells of certain elements in that pattern in order to defeat the guy and get the good ending. You get the bad ending if you just kill him with damage exceeding his max hp.

Drakenguard: So... you got all the other endings, and managed to get all the weapons and stuff, so now you get to face the ultimate boss. What do you gotta do? hit the notes in the right order...

Final Fantasy 12: The dude has a Paling... the same freaking thing that took dozens of mages to put up, that is used to protect CITIES. I'm sure I just couldn't find that spell in the licenses needed to get spells to work (wtf? license system is the WORST idea ever.)

World of Warcraft: Endgame raids like Ulduar... everything is a stupid gimmick.