worst game names

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Evil Raven665 said:
Blue Dragon

You could have thought of a lot of more different names.
Also there's a line of East Asian condiments/ingredients in the UK called Blue Dragon. Kinda makes me think about a game where you have to collect condiments to sae the world or something.

"If we can't find the Oyster Sauce, Thai Sweet Chili and a tin of Coconut Milk in the next 24 hours there will be a nuclear exchange!"

Coded Arms Sounds like someone just got those barcode tats.

Untold Legends is a fucking oxymoron- If a legend is never told then it's not a legend, is it?

Resident Evil makes no real sense.

Right, I'm off to get through a mission on Mass Efect or maybe Full Spectrum Warrior...

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
josh797 said:
so i was inspired by the recent worst people names thread, and wanted to know, what do you guys think have been the worst game names in history. i would put infinite undiscovery up there, im not sure what happened to it, but it just stuck in my mind for terrible game name. what other horrific game names can you guys think of?
practically every dam game !

name a game right now ..( FiFa 09 )

now even that sounds messed up

so to everyone i just proved that evry game name is dumb

(although im still trying to figure out does super mario bros make sense) ?

and to top it off i'll name popualr games who's names don't make sense

devil may cry

soul calubur

halo

far cry

ridge racer

elder scrolls

call of duty (this makes sense after a while though)

final fantasy

darkwatch

too human

braid

spore

ooo forget it the list just keep going on and on

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Just because they don't make sense to you, out of context, and at a glance, doesn't mean that all of those names don't make sense in their proper context.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
Run Like Hell- It's actually a good game, it's just a shame about the title. You don't even do that much running from the bad guys.

Silent Hill- Again, a very good game and I sympathise that Japanese games typically have trouble with titles but did they really have to rely on pathetic falicy here? With a name like Silent Hill you're not overtly suprised when it turns out that something bad happened (same can be said of the vally of death, the temple of doom or Detroit).

First Encounter Assault Recon (F.E.A.R.)- Isn't assault the direct opposite of recon? Yet another perpitrator of pathetic falicy, the game may have been called fear to try to inspire it in me but, sadly, I experienced absolutely none.

!BASTARD! (Spanish, I think, Sega Megadrive game)- I have no idea what this game was about, I just found the title a tad...odd.

Elite L Dizzy

Jan 3, 2009
Too Human... or if you read it with the "t" logo looks like TooTh U Man. May have been forgivable if I didn't turn the game off before the opening cut scene and return it store. I thought it was a dental training simulator.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Altorin said:
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
Just because they don't make sense to you, out of context, and at a glance, doesn't mean that all of those names don't make sense in their proper context.
can't anyone take a joke !

Psyco Slim

Apr 16, 2008
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episode 4: Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective

Incompl te

Dec 13, 2008
tom clancys: splinter cell.

it was misleading when i found out that the game didn't involve using a microscope on pieces of wood

shirokiryuu

Jan 5, 2009
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

The name probably has some historical significance, but I always have to stop and think about how to pronounce it.

fallen1

Dec 22, 2008
Half-life
It is an FPS that is all about killing aliens and military types with everyone favorite mute, emotionally oblivious, gunslinger Gordan Freeman. The thing is is that Half-Life is never brought up in the game. You could have called this game really any other science looking or sounding word in the world and it would have 0% affect on the game. Some games like F.E.A.R or Halo actually have something to do with the game, but Half-Life doesn't.