worst game names

Russia208

Aug 10, 2008
final fantasy was named that because the company creating it was dying, so they made their final game name...final fantasy. and turns out thats that game that saved them.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Russia208 post=9.68528.642249 said:
final fantasy was named that because the company creating it was dying, so they made their final game name...final fantasy. and turns out thats that game that saved them.
Yea it's more of a brand and trademark now. Tradition kind of deal.

oh well stupidest name I have heard for a game is Hot pixel. just...stupid, nothing can justify a name like that.

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
fix-the-spade post=9.68528.631601 said:
Metal Gear Solid,
it's the kind of thing I'd expect to see across an 'adult interest' store in Amsterdam.

Syphon Filter,
A what now? A shoot em up about top secret elite special forces types, who really don't like to get grounds in their coffee? Maybe they're into stealing petrol, or they're brewers in their spare time, we'll never know.
I dont think SF was that bad of a name. No worse than "Halo" :)

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
josh797 post=9.68528.631603 said:
MirrorMonkey post=9.68528.631589 said:
Crysis.. what was wrong with just calling it Crisis?!
cuz it was made with the cry enginge, and they couldnt not let you know that, they needed to wave their dicks and make sure everyone knew
Other games wouldn't do that at all, not games like Clive Barkers' Cliver Barkers' Jericho by Clive Barker!

slyder35

Jan 16, 2008
Most definately the following game has the most stupid name I've ever heard......

Armored Core: For Answer

/facepalm

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Left 4 Dead is a pretty bad name, "We make games but we can't be bothered writing a four letter word" (I know that it's probably refering to the whole four player thing but I have no respect for anyone that uses numbers like that.)

miaow

Aug 19, 2008
Alien Shooter: Vengeance

It sounds to me as if it's the aliens who would want vengeance, your having shot them and all.

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
Th upcoming Kingdom Hearts games. KH:Birth by Sleep...KH:358/2 Days....KH coded. What kind of names are those? No matter how good they justify their decision for these names it'll still remain as one of the most dumbest names ever.

Games with incredibly long names like The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II -The Rise of the Witch-king.....holy shit...even the acronym is long as hell, TLOTRTBFMEIITROTWK. Think the longest name ever is Simple DS Series Vol.14 The Jidousha Kyoushuujo DS -- Gendoukitsuki Jidousha, Futsuu Jidou Nirin, Oogata Jidou Nirin, Futsuu Jidousha, Fusuu Jidousha Nishuu, Chuugata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha Nishuu, Oogata Tokuchuu Jidousha, KenbikiSimple DS Series Vol.14 The Jidousha Kyoushuujo DS -- Gendoukitsuki Jidousha, Futsuu Jidou Nirin, Oogata Jidou Nirin, Futsuu Jidousha, Fusuu Jidousha Nishuu, Chuugata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha, Oogata Jidousha Nishuu, Oogata Tokuchuu Jidousha, Kenbiki.

Also I always wonder why it wasn't Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core than Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7. It just makes more sense putting FF7 first.