worst game names

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Though it doesn't seem like it, a remarkable amount of time -does- go into the naming of a thing, someone on the previous page cited Z as being lazy. However, you need to take into account that you can go through a hundred different words, sounds, emotions, definitions down on paper before you even find something that works with what you're trying to make. And of course that also doesn't mean that some names -weren't- thought up in a spur of the moment type way. But I'd have to say that many, if not the majority do put effort into it. Although, that's to say nothing of a name that -still- comes out crap even after all that.

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King.

Try writing that on a christmas list.

mintsauce

Aug 18, 2008
Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi. What a horrible concept.

Super Skidmarks - for obvious reasons.

Seaman - ditto.

Excelcior

Aug 10, 2008
Kingdom under Fire: Circle of Doom. Not a good choice, but very appropriate for the 360...
And when abbreviated: KuFCoD. Kufcod. I don't know, but it sounds odd...

ultra_v_89

Feb 7, 2008
Destroy All Humans! -Least creative or most aptly named game ever? Sorta like calling Gran Tourismo "drive cars fast"

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Fahrenheit - I swear it has no real relation to the game it titles. I prefer the American title: Indigo Prophecy. At least that has some meaning within the game.

Nov 28, 2007
DemonGuy792 post=9.68528.648394 said:
Fahrenheit - I swear it has no real relation to the game it titles. I prefer the American title: Indigo Prophecy. At least that has some meaning within the game.
Er...have you taken into account the fact that as the apocalypse is getting closer, the temperature is dropping daily? Fahrenheit has more to do with the story than Indigo Prophecy.

On-topic, Wild Woody.

Unknower

Jun 4, 2008
Left 4 Dead.

Sins of a Solar Empire. It's too long.

E.v.a.n.g.e.l post=9.68528.645116 said:
Force Unleashed.
It just sound weird.
It reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.
BDSM?

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Oh, right, so it does. Sorry about that, you're right. However, I still think Fahrenheit is a poor title for a video game, it's not a particularly inspiring name, nor does it appeal to a casual onlooker looking down a list of games and sees two names next to each other: God of War and Fahrenheit. Which one would you pick, without prior knowledge of the game?

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I'm gonna go with Final Fantasy, since they just make new ones all the time, so there's nothing "Final" about it.

Zulu-Echo14

Jun 7, 2008
Ivoryagent post=9.68528.631663 said:
Final Fantasy.

Most abusive use of "Final" in a name.
It's called final because Square was going out of business and it was it's last attempt at a video game.

Anyway, worst game name ever... humm... maybe Half-Life.

Kindlebee92

May 15, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=9.68528.642397 said:
Left 4 Dead is a pretty bad name, "We make games but we can't be bothered writing a four letter word" (I know that it's probably refering to the whole four player thing but I have no respect for anyone that uses numbers like that.)
Are you saying you have no respect for Valve? One of the only game producing companies reliably pumping out good games title after title? Producer of a game that made Yahtzee Croshaw himself admit that it was nigh perfect?

Anyway, on topic, Left 4 Dead. Not a very good name for a game, but I'm still looking forward to it

(ya see what I did there, with the irony and such)

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
jebussaves88 post=9.68528.648121 said:
Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King.

Try writing that on a christmas list.
I remember asking for "Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun: Firestorm Expansion Pack" for my birthday a long time ago.

Final Fantasy X-2 really sucks, though. I mean X-2, yeah. How do you honestly pronounce that? I've always taken to calling it "Final Fantasy Ten-Two", which just sounds retarded. I suppose "Final Fantasy Ex-Two" would suffice too, but come on.

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
Zulu-Echo14 post=9.68528.648504 said:
Ivoryagent post=9.68528.631663 said:
Final Fantasy.

Most abusive use of "Final" in a name.
It's called final because Square was going out of business and it was it's last attempt at a video game.
I actually thought it was to do with final being another word for ultimate.

But I agree that Left 4 Dead is the worst name for a game yet. That or Alone in the Dark.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Probably the game called "lol," and THERE is a game called "lol" out there, check if you don't believe me....