Worst Games of the year

Iblan

Dec 11, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
Aprilgold said:
JoesshittyOs said:
I'm honestly scrolling down waiting to find someone claim one of those games are terrible, but no one has really claimed any of those yet.
I did.
Good to know.

And yeah, you're right. You can't have a wrong opinion.

But nowhere does it say you can't have an extremely stupid one. If you legitimately thought those were the worst games made in 2011 you either a) Played a total of about 3 games this year, or b) Doing it because you think it sounds like a shocking internet hipster answer.

I'm assuming it's B. You aren't special for saying the games are terrible. And we know you're full of it if you legitimately thought the games were the worst made in 2011.
Be nice. Regardless, Call of Duty was actually nominated for two awards (and won one) on our list of worst games of the year, you need simply click on the link in the first post....

Anthony Wells

May 28, 2011
80Maxwell08 said:
Our personal worst games or the games we think are the worst out of your choices? Personally my worst game of the year is Hyperdimension Neptunia. Honestly I've said so much about this I'll just summarize here and say it is the worst RPG I have ever played. Every single aspect is absolutely horrible and I would recommend a baseball bat to the head more than playing this game.

EDIT:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
1. Hyperdimension Neptunia
Every time I see someone else who has played it I feel more at ease knowing someone else has experienced my suffering. Thank you for that.

i played it and am rather liking it. not nearly one of the best games not even close but not hard to play for me. though i feel your pain cause its not for everyone

OT: hmmm...well i actually havent played any bad games this year... especially since i have barely played any games released this year. if gaming as a whole this year is taken then two worlds 2 is my worst. sure it wasnt released this year but it was the worst game i played this year...but if you hasd to tie my hands together and force me to sya the game i have had the least ammount of fun with this year that was released this year it would probably be hyperdimmension neptunia...contradictory to my earlier post but i am having tons of fun in skyrim,Infamous 2, modern warfare 3, ico and shadow of the collosus collection, and then finally that game in 5th. yeah i didnt really get many games released this year all of those games i found good but hyperdimmension neptunia is the least fun of the five even though its still a lot of fun.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Iblan said:
JoesshittyOs said:
Aprilgold said:
JoesshittyOs said:
I'm honestly scrolling down waiting to find someone claim one of those games are terrible, but no one has really claimed any of those yet.
I did.
Good to know.

But nowhere does it say you can't have an extremely stupid one. If you legitimately thought those were the worst games made in 2011 you either a) Played a total of about 3 games this year, or b) Doing it because you think it sounds like a shocking internet hipster answer.

I'm assuming it's B. You aren't special for saying the games are terrible. And we know you're full of it if you legitimately thought the games were the worst made in 2011.
Be nice. Regardless, Call of Duty was actually nominated for two awards (and won one) on our list of worst games of the year, you need simply click on the link in the first post....
Oh, it won an award on you're clearly unbiased and recognized list?

I take back everything I said.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
SecretNegative said:
MercenaryCanary said:
Bastion.
Generic soundtrack, annoying narration, and an unimpressive storyline.
I kid.
I hope Bastion wins game of the year, actually.
Probably the worst game I've played this year...
Uh, hell. I don't really know.
I guess Modern Warfare 3, but those aren't necessarily bad games.
Wasn't it one reviewer who said the two top sentences?
I'd certainly hope not.
Bastion had a beautifully unique soundtrack, a sexy smooth narrator, and a pretty good story.
Said reviewer best be trollin'.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
blokrokker said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
runner up: Duke Nukem Forever
Worst: Saints Row 3. We KNEW DNF would suck. This one just LIED to us
Did you play Saints Row the Third on the PC? How? I can't get it to run, I don't even know if it sucks, I just want to know if my $60 preorder was worth it in the slightest.
no, i paid 120 dollars to play it on 360. The headphones broke after being switched on once (and the autotuner never worked in the first place), the game is fantastic... in its cutscenes.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Out of the games that have come out this year, that I've played, I can honestly say that I really, really liked them all.

Adultism

Karma Haunts You
Jan 5, 2011
MW3 and Batlefield were big disappointments,

Blackops was way better,

Bad Company was way better.

inb4: Get called a troll,

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Arina Love said:
homefront. i was promised epic story but they delivered 3 hours of absolute sh*t.
You made it through 3 hours? Fifteen minutes and that was it for me, even after the pretty cool opening. I just glad I only got the free rental on it.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Mindjack, Mindjack, Mindjack...

How anyone can possibly find this uninspired broken turd fun or even vaguely reminiscent of playable is beyond me...

called it beforehand...<.<

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Worst game is a tricky subject.
It's easy to find some one-man non-functional browser game, but that doesn't really matter to anyone.
It has to be a game that people cared about for it to really matter that it was bad.
In that regard, Dragon Age: II was the worst game of the year.

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
I know i am not gonna win any popularity contests but I will say it anyway...Skyward Sword. The art style, characters, visuals, story were not the problem. The wii motion plus did the impossible and made the wii motion controls even shitter. While the game is not terrible(I would rate it 7/10), playing it to the end felt like an absolute chore and was not fun for me.

AyaReiko

Aug 9, 2008
I'll re-write it as this:

Most Disappointing Game Everyone Played-
My pick: RAGE
Generic, boring, and unimpressive. I barely made it through one playthrough.

As for DNF? Let's face it, no sane person expected it to be good. I'll leave it at that.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Medal of Honor was utter shit. And I know it's not this year's game, but Far Cry 2 is possibly the single most worst game I have ever played in my entire life.

electric method

Jul 20, 2010
While amusing, in a drunken fratboy kinda way, the list linked in the OP is more than slightly schitzoid. More importantly, there is a massive difference between legitamitely awful games and say, just average. Or games that were personal let downs.

As an example, a few games from 2011 that are just terrible would include the likes of Brink, Hunted: The Demon's forge and say Call of Juarez. These games all showcase what not to do in a game. From bad gameplay and wretched mechanics to terrible AI, just to name a few things.

Games that were just avergage, meaning they are playable, the core mechanics are solid and perform exactly as advertised would include, Gears 3, MW3, AC:R, Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2 and yes Skyrim. Average doesn't mean they are bad just average. Tbh, I've personally been refering to 2011 as the year of average games and sequels.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
Aprilgold said:
JoesshittyOs said:
I did.
Good to know.

I can't have a wrong opinon is the only thing to say here, since you just said it. I didn't enjoy then, on a national level, then yeah, the games are great and deserve their love and ETC. However, I didn't enjoy Call of Duty, was overly generic, didn't enjoy much about Battlefield, and Skyrim was meh.

I'm not either, I just didn't enjoy them, and I'm just stating my opinion, such as you are by saying you like X movie or hate X game, I can't stop you from thinking like that, why try to continue this?

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
CRRPGMykael said:
If you found just about anything you did in SR3 realistic, I either have questions about your grip on reality, or envy the clearly exciting life that you live.
*"Are you fucking kidding me?" face*

I said GTA IV was "realistic", UNLIKE SR2(and 3).

"(...)some people actually liked Saints Row 2 for filling in the supposed 'gap' that GTA IV left because instead of being unrealisticaly fun(like San Andreas) it decided to be more 'realistic'(...)"

Here, I meant that GTA IV took the more realistic approach, not SR. The SR series are the complete opposite of realism. Also, they're the complete opposite of making sense as well.

Iblan

Dec 11, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
Iblan said:
JoesshittyOs said:
Aprilgold said:
JoesshittyOs said:
I did.
Good to know.

Oh, it won an award on you're clearly unbiased and recognized list?

I take back everything I said.
Dude...chill out man. It is an opinion, and written as such. So yes, it is biased, in fact, I addressed the fact that I only play PC games. I'm not sure what your problem is though. I would say it might have something to do with your face resembling Justin Bieber's, but it seems roughly half of the people on the forum suffer from that problem...