Worst marketing line you've ever heard.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Dutch 924 said:
This is quoted directly from an advert for a clothing cleaning product:

"Guarenteed to remove mud and bloodstains with ease"
That is actually quite good! It's got proper humor! Something many commercials could have (and i mean dark humour).

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:
John Romero's About To Make You His *****.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bitchad.jpg

The infamous Daikatana of course!
Gah, beat me to it!

Malgan

Jun 23, 2009
I'm still thorn about wether it's brilliant or stupid, but a local septicservice in Norway has the slogan: "Du driter, vi sliter" which roughly translated means: "You take a crap, we suffer". Only, it rhymes.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
I must be the only one who actually liked the "Your mom hates this" Dead Space 2 campaign. It's funny and pretty ambitious if you ask me.

Siegfried Raybrandt

Jul 3, 2011
"Pawtucket Patriot. If you drink it, hot women will have sex in your backyard."

I am probably gonna get banned for this. So worth the minor comedic appeal though.

Shinomori

Sep 20, 2011
First off, is the entire marketing world an acceptable answer?
Second, I'm sure there have been others I've hated in the past more, but (thankfully) have forgotten. However, my vote is going to the slim jim commercials that used to play right before the videos here. Specifically the "Made from stuff guys need" line. I seriously doubt that slim jim.

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
Dutch 924 said:
This is quoted directly from an advert for a clothing cleaning product:

"Guarenteed to remove mud and bloodstains with ease"
"The MUST HAVE for your everyday sociopath! Order now and get your own body burying kit FREE!"

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
Everything that the EA marketing department has produced over the recent years.
Does anyone remember/know about one of the first EA adverts after they founded the company : "Can a computer make you cry?" I'm not kidding google it... EA has changed, sadly for worse. That was quiet some time ago (before I was born), and now we have bullshit like Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 2, Battlefield 3 etc.. It's just really damm depressing, I mean really really sad, how did it come to this?

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
Everything that the EA marketing department has produced over the recent years.

Does anyone remember/know about one of the first EA adverts? It was: "Can a computer make you cry?", I'm not kidding, google it...This was quiet some time ago (before I was born) and obviously EA has changed for worse. Now we have bullshit like Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3... It's just really damm depressing.. I mean what happened? How did it come to this? It makes me really really sad if I just think about what we could have right now...

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Pretty much the whole dead space 2 or dantes inferno advertising campaign, i was almost to embaressed to watch the adverts on tv...

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Coca-Cola once attempted to launch their bottled water 'Dasani' in the UK, this excerpt from wikipedia sums it up nicely:

Early advertisements referred to Dasani as "bottled spunk" or featured the tagline "can't live without spunk". These slogans were used seemingly oblivious to the fact that spunk is slang for semen in the UK.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
sune-ku said:
Coca-Cola once attempted to launch their bottled water 'Dasani' in the UK, this excerpt from wikipedia sums it up nicely:

Early advertisements referred to Dasani as "bottled spunk" or featured the tagline "can't live without spunk". These slogans were used seemingly oblivious to the fact that spunk is slang for semen in the UK.

Oh, wow. That's -hilarious-.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
sune-ku said:

It isn't too widely used but it can be used as slang for the same thing here in America as well.