Worst music you've ever heard

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Macheteswordgun said:
PurpleSky said:
Outright Villainy said:
PurpleSky said:
No need to get mad over my opinion, although you clearly are,bro
Your taste in music has nothing to do with it. You're looking down on people who enjoy it. Unless you're saying people shouldn't get mad at you for that, in which case I have no words for how unbelievably arrogant that is.
Sorry, I didn't mean to look down on people or seem arrogant.
You have to the iwreseltedasuckassonce gets WORSE as it progresses
"iwreseltedasuckassonce"

????????????????????

little bear

Nov 1, 2009
i used to defend rap with a serious face and iron fist.

....then lil wanye made some song about fried chicken, grape soda and watermelons...

anyone who is reading this i implore you not to post the song...please

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
This, mostly for the disappointment value.

This is from an album which featured Collapse, Savior, and Hero of War. This is a band whose previous album finishers included Rumours of My Demise and Survive. And they gave us this.
It's not even filler. It's just plain bad.

One of the main reasons the album got lower reviews than it should. (speaking of which I've been meaning to write a review of that for ages...)

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
The two worst songs in the history of ever are Trivium's cover of Iron Maiden and Five Finger Death Punch's cover of Bad Company. Bad songs are so much worse when you know they're ruining a masterpiece.

And generally, when metal gets much heavier than say, Devildriver it starts to become unintelligible noise.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
Tough one. There's so much bad music, where do I start?

alright,

I: Every grunge band that wasn't Nirvana
This is pretty wide ranging. I thought they were all almost uniformly crap. From Eddie Vedder's vocals to everyone who tried to sound like Eddie Vedder afterwords. Creed missed the grunge thing but you can be damned sure that lead singer studied the Vedder bible. Also it tended to be muddy, took itself entirely too seriously, they all gave people this idea that they were "beyond fashion", yet they all inexplicably dressed in the same fucking clothes.

II: Nirvana
Yeah, they weren't going to dodge this bullet (oh too soon?) TO BE CONTINUED...

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Z of the Na said:
The worst music? That's a change of pace, as usually the thread asks favorites. To avoid the usual artists such as Beiber or any of that other Disney crap, I have one track that is so ear-bleedingly awful that I literally CAN NOT understand what the song is about, or what is said in the lyrics.

Prepare, for I give a cookie and my regards to whoever can determine just what the HELL this song is saying or is about.

[sub]Seriously, it just sounds like an angry gorilla on 'roids grunting into a microphone over and over again...[/sub]
fucking hilarious. oooh boy... I cant even fucking breathe god damnit... what the fuck was THAT!?

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
II: Nirvana
I feel the need to separate Nirvana from the rest of the grunge movement. Grunge really solidified into a marketable sound and image after Nirvana, but Nirvana didn't really...fit in with that. I mean, don't get me wrong they definitely birthed it in many ways, but they were definitely their own band.

Doesn't save them in my eyes. They still made muddy depressing fucking music, and I still didn't like it. I grew up when Nirvana hit it big. I didn't like what came before, the glam metal of the 80's was certainly not glam (Bowie, NY Dolls, T-Rex), and it (I'm assuming the metal heads out there will agree) certainly wasn't metal. It really took the dumbest elements of both glam and metal, left out the good elements of either, and made something just plain bad. So you'd think that I'd appreciate what Nirvana did then, right? I think it's a testament to how much I dislike Nirvana and the sound they birthed into the mainstream that I don't. I appreciate some of the precursors to Nirvana oddly enough, I'm actually a big Pixies fan.

But Nirvana were such a fucking downer. They're music sounded muddy, dirty. The amount of distortion...ugh. I would've welcomed almost anything else to come along and kill glam metal, but Nirvana and the grunge thing they brought with them was just as bad. Just on the polar opposite end of the spectrum. If glam metal was an unintentional parody of celebration, sex drugs and alcohol, Nirvana was an unintentional parody of Woe is me bullshit.

It also really didn't lose any of the machismo from the previous generation. It was still "Guy" music. The modern "Indie" movement (god I hate the term for a genre, but what are ya gonna do), despite what some may say, is a great thing. It doesn't have any of these macho hangups that we've been plagued with for the last thirty years of music.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
PurpleSky said:
Macheteswordgun said:
PurpleSky said:
Outright Villainy said:
PurpleSky said:
No need to get mad over my opinion, although you clearly are,bro
Your taste in music has nothing to do with it. You're looking down on people who enjoy it. Unless you're saying people shouldn't get mad at you for that, in which case I have no words for how unbelievably arrogant that is.
Sorry, I didn't mean to look down on people or seem arrogant.
You have to the iwreseltedasuckassonce gets WORSE as it progresses
"iwreseltedasuckassonce"

????????????????????
Its iwresteledabearonce but i was making a joke.

Let me end this

Anything with core in its genere

/thread

Minch

Sep 9, 2010
Betancore said:
I don't think Justin Bieber is so bad. He's listenable. I don't like it, but I can put up with it - I'd have to; every time I go shopping, it's bound to be playing in some store. Ugh. This, on the other hand, is actually painful.

wow. that was truly awful.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Z(ombie)fan said:
fucking hilarious. oooh boy... I cant even fucking breathe god damnit... what the fuck was THAT!?
Your guess is as good as mine. There was nothing of value in that song, just a sweaty gorilla howling into a mic. I seriously believe that the lyrics consist of nothing but "OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo oooo ooo oooo oooooo!!!!"

Awful.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Z of the Na said:
Z(ombie)fan said:
Your guess is as good as mine. There was nothing of value in that song, just a sweaty gorilla howling into a mic. I seriously believe that the lyrics consist of nothing but "OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo oooo ooo oooo oooooo!!!!"

Awful.
I don't think they had any lyrics either, and that's saying something coming from me.

Edorf

May 30, 2010
*Achivement Unlocked*
Watched the entire "Baby" by Justin Bieber without passing out, puking, or taking any breaks

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Edorf said:
*Achivement Unlocked*
Watched the entire "Baby" by Justin Bieber without passing out, puking, or taking any breaks
Now for the hard mode: Watch the entire "Freaxxx" by Brokencyde without passing out, puking, or taking any breaks.

:D

Edorf

May 30, 2010
AgentNein said:
It also really didn't lose any of the machismo from the previous generation. It was still "Guy" music. The modern "Indie" movement (god I hate the term for a genre, but what are ya gonna do), despite what some may say, is a great thing. It doesn't have any of these macho hangups that we've been plagued with for the last thirty years of music.
Now in what world was Kurt Cobain, or any other of the grunge frontmen macho?... Except maybe Chris Cornell, but Soundgarden is really on the line between grunge and heavy...

As for it being "guy" music, where'd you get that from?
Matter of fact, I'm not even sure I know what you mean about it? Do you mean that it´s music for guys, or that there are only bands made by guys?
The latter might be slightly true, but the first one I dare to say is complete bullshit.

Edorf

May 30, 2010
Wardnath said:
Edorf said:
*Achivement Unlocked*
Now for the hard mode: Watch the entire "Freaxxx" by Brokencyde without passing out, puking, or taking any breaks.

:D
Oh god... What was THAT!? for 4 mins!?!??! NO WAY DUDE!! TOO FAR