Worst part of Halloween

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
How could Halloween not be fun? Is this possible?

Well, for me at least, Halloween can royally suck. Mostly because here in Saskatchewan there are high odds of it snowing some years. It's hard to be motivated to get candy when it's -10 out and then you have to fit a winter jacket underneath. Several years I've come home to develop a cold later. Another thing I don't like are jerks who steal your candy. My neighborhood was bad for it when I was a kid and I'd have to explain to my parents that someone stole the pillowcase I was using.

So, have any not so merry stories to share?

[sub]As a whole the holiday is usually more fun than not. Just a few things about it that irk me.[/sub]

Limecake

May 18, 2011
I loved it as a kid because I got free candy, I hated it as a teenager because I couldn't get free candy and I was "too cool to dress up".

but as an adult Halloween is awesome, when else can you dress up and get drunk with a bunch of girls wearing next to nothing?

if there was one thing I don't like about halloween is handing out candy, I just want to sit in my apartment in peace

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
I love dressing up for halloween, but I usually don't have anything that I could use for a costume. I don't have children coming up to my door, because I live right next to the road, and most of the people who live near me, and they only live there during the summer. So little kids never come knocking on my door so I'm left in peace.

Dec 14, 2009
Meh, it's never been a big deal here in the UK, well, not in my small bubble of the UK anyway.

Some of my younger friends are into it, but I couldn't give a toss about begging for sweets.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Eh, Halloween isn't a big thing round here. Kids coming round asking for handouts seemed more annoying than anything, especially as they tend to trample the garden.

Also...female halloween costumes having to be "sexy"...glech. Especially the ones that had matching sexy costumes for your pet dog. Not right.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
The worst part of halloween was during last years "trick or treat" fest.

I don't know about other places in the UK but in this town they expect money from you. You try giving kids around here candy and you'll fireworks through your door ... seriously, 3 houses got set on fire last year.

Anyway.

My wife was working and the kids were staying at their grans so me and a couple of friends had the house to ourselves and got in a few crates of ale.

Kids were knocking constantly and we decided we didn't like the idea of giving out "treats" so we decided on "trick" instead.

Now the worst part was having parents knocking on my door all night complaining about us blasting their kids with a hose pipe.

Well we thought it was amusing.

My wife banned me from using the hose pipe this year.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Well, if you are my age, it's a little inappropriate to go trick and treating, and instead, I've to stock up on candy, and the good kind too, lest my property becomes the target of schoolboy vandalism.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I like Halloween, because if I don't feel like celebrating it, all I have to do is buy a ten dollar candy bag and occasionally pause whatever movie/game I'm playing that night and besides Halloween is the perfect time to find a bunch of b rate horror movies to watch.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
I like halloween, but I hate the little shits that throw eggs at windows. Damn brats..

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
I live in a village with less than 1000 other people, and only about 20 of them can be called kids, but even so, we got no trick or treaters at all, so it was basically a normal night with the haribo we didn't have to give out. There were no bad parts.

Shaunofthebread

Sep 21, 2011
Dont know about you but as teenagers we are split into three groups at haloween
1.)I'm gonna dress up and go trick or treating
2.)Im too cool to dress up, but im still gonna go trick or treating
3.) I'm too cool for haloween lets go egg someones house

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Let's see...Best friend gets decapitated in a car accident, Father goes into hospital in critical condition (I think this happened 3 different years), apartment floods with sewer water and becomes uninhabitable due to mold, and get covered in first and second degree burns because of a bonfire explosion...I hate this holiday and it hates me.

Only one day to go, I wonder what's going to happen this year.

DragonFae

Dec 25, 2010
The fact that it's here in Australia, in technically the wrong time of year. Halloween has taken over the pagan sabbath of Samhain. Now, while for the northern hemisphere that's sunset on November 1st, in the southern hemisphere, it's May 1st. It's all so wrong.

Oh, and also, just because it's now being celebrated here. My childhood was perfectly fine without it. Why must it now be a thing here? I knew Americanism was going to take over to world.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Limecake said:
I loved it as a kid because I got free candy, I hated it as a teenager because I couldn't get free candy and I was "too cool to dress up".

but as an adult Halloween is awesome, when else can you dress up and get drunk with a bunch of girls wearing next to nothing?

if there was one thing I don't like about halloween is handing out candy, I just want to sit in my apartment in peace
I second that! My plan for tonight is hitting a decent place in town dressed as the Mad Hatter, along with a bunch of other Batman characters.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Blackmail, Begging and Eggs.

Also, whats the point in saying Trick or Treat? Every single kid wants treat, they don't want tricks at all.

And eggs, fucking eggers... pricks.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Mostly because here in Saskatchewan there are high odds of it snowing some years.
You don't have room to complain. Perhaps you should make a trip out to Utah sometime. Snowtobers are fairly common here, and it's rather odd that we don't have one this year.

OT: My whole stance on Halloween...well, I'll let Pinkie Pie explain.

As you can tell, I tend to steal candy from my own family's candy bowl.

Although I do hate the kids that run around the neighborhood egging houses. That shit's hard to get off, even from brick.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Stay in and listen to the Doors and Drink Wine/Smoke "Stuff" sounds like an okay night for Me anyway...

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Redlin5 said:
I have to hear each year from my sister what Halloween is really about and how other cultures and religions have taken something truly important to her beliefs and turned it into another money making excercise (I'll let you work out what her religious beliefs are from that rant!)

Though on the plus side, knowing that the rant is coming it gives me a good excuse to drink!
(not that I've ever needed an excuse, but it's nice to have one for once!!)