Worst part of Halloween

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
I hate the fact that living in Utah, the children here could very easily overpopulate the adults. The only thing I like about Halloween right now is the fact that I can go buy a bunch of cheap candy on clearance in a week or so.
TLS14 said:
You don't have room to complain. Perhaps you should make a trip out to Utah sometime. Snowtobers are fairly common here, and it's rather odd that we don't have one this year.
You again!? Yeah it is kind of weird that we're having a warm Halloween.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
LobsterFeng said:
I hate the fact that living in Utah, the children here could very easily overpopulate the adults. The only thing I like about Halloween right now is the fact that I can go buy a bunch of cheap candy on clearance in a week or so.
TLS14 said:
You don't have room to complain. Perhaps you should make a trip out to Utah sometime. Snowtobers are fairly common here, and it's rather odd that we don't have one this year.
You again!?
>_>

<_<

...Are you stalking me?

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Well, I'm probably going to ruin it for someone tonight, cause any idiot that knocks on my door lookin for candy is getting water to the face. I just need to find a bucket or something

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
The fireworks that get thrown at me when i'm on school lunch break in the days leading up to halloween. Also the fireworks making next door's dog bark all night. More excuse to stay up watching horror flms.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I hate how much work I have to do on halloween.

Moving all those bodies from the front door, into the hall, into the basement, into the large chest freezer and, come 3am, into the local woods in a shallow grave.

But the work will never end.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Limecake said:
I loved it as a kid because I got free candy, I hated it as a teenager because I couldn't get free candy and I was "too cool to dress up".

but as an adult Halloween is awesome, when else can you dress up and get drunk with a bunch of girls wearing next to nothing?

if there was one thing I don't like about halloween is handing out candy, I just want to sit in my apartment in peace
Amen. Adult Halloween trumps kid Halloween big time. Its the one time of the year girls can dress as tramps and so can guys without being judged!

Aug 1, 2010
I would say the worst part is the combined effect of 1) Being way too old for trick-or-treating. 2) Not really liking candy much anyway. 3) Having literally zero friends at the moment.

Oh yeah, and all the parents in my town are uber-paranoid so no kids are out anyway.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I've never been tick or treating. Used to want to but was too young. Then we moved to an area where we don't know anyone so didn't want to risk it and that's where I am now.

Overall I hate the part where people beg free sweets from you. It's a bit strange when you think about it.
Also how people get angry when hey don't get treats and then egg the house. It's not a right it's a damn privilege.
This year we're not giving out anything even if anyone actually turns up.

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
None of that here. It's just visiting graves of relatives, we don't have trick or treating at all.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I haven't enjoyed Halloween in at least seven years. Most likely more.

So at this point all Halloween does is depress me.

Hopefully that'll change, I'm going out with friends tonight.

Buuut... we're going to the city. And I

HATE

the city.

So I'm not expecting a great time. But, hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

It's also the coldest Halloween we've had here in damn near a decade. It freakin' snowed two days ago. New England weather is always fucked up, but that was just WEIRD.

aoi287

Jan 25, 2010
It typcially gets pretty cold here, and halloween costumes aren't particularly warm, so that part always sucked as a kid.

Now the thing that annoys me most is slutty costumes of things that should never be slutty.

MissGinaKid

Mar 16, 2010
The worst part for me is waiting until night to put on my costume. Other then that I got not complaints.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
I think it's the fact that everyone seems to try and take the holiday from being fun to being sexy. "I'm a sexy kitty", "I'm a sexy nurse", "I'm a sexy fairy", etc. People, especially here in America, have a terrible habit nowadays of trying to sexualize absolutely everything! What happened to being creative with costumes instead of essentially taping a strip of fabric over your crotch and your boobs, add a single accessory, and calling it a costume?

Other than that it's either the fact that if I were to go trick or treating I'd get slammed doors and weird looks(apparently just cause I'm in college means I can't enjoy the best part of the holiday anymore :p) or the jackasses who have to prank everyone. One year someone decided it'd be awesome to douse my car in white paint and put some black paint where the headlights are to make my car into a ghost. Not only did it take forever to get all that damn paint off, but because my window and my hood are loose paint got into both my interior and on my engine...

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
the worst part? the part where it doesnt happen here!

why cant we get a holiday about getting candy and making kids piss their pants too?

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
last year, i got a group of aboooout 20-25 people come to out family abode.

i couldn't be doing with dividing up confectionary between about 20 toddlers and parents.

i had an idea, i put on some old, ragged clothes, painted my face to make it look bloody and burnt then i covered my clothes in fake blood, and got a foam sword from a friend. (i did all this when i got word of them coming, about 15 mins before they reached my place) and when they came...

you should have been there, they knocked. i gave a small delay before mustering up a throaty, evil-ish laugh. and jumped out the door, waving my sword around and screaming and scared them all witless,

it was pretty damn funny from my and my family's perspective, but the parents in the group didn't care for it (the miserable sods) and started telling me off pretty badly. i honestly had better things to do than get yelled at about...something (i wasn't really listening)

i gave the leader of the horde (the one butthurting at me) a faceful of fake blood then went back inside. brofisted and highfived everyone for giving a good show, and then went back to my buissiness of gaming.

that group apprently had gotten together for the past 3 years. they won't be doing that anymore! so if you live in the milton keyenes suburbs, you can stand by safely knowing you only have to deal with small groups.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
UK here, so not anything I was really into as a kid, and as a student it was basically just an excuse to dress up and get pissed (not that I needed an excuse). To me now it just seems a bit boring and tacky. Although I have got a bag of sweets by the door, just in case anyone does come knocking.

Looking forward to Guy Fawkes' though!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I don't care for Hallowe'en at all. I did get given a Pumpkin I've just free handed with a kitchen knife the Portal logo in it.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Redlin5 said:
How could Halloween not be fun? Is this possible?

Well, for me at least, Halloween can royally suck. Mostly because here in Saskatchewan there are high odds of it snowing some years.
Saskatchewan!?
Don't worry! You can warm up in your bunny-hugs and drink some Vico!
Hahahaha! I love Saskatchewan!

Seriously though: Anyone who hands out apples, stickers, toothbrushes, or anything that was NOT candy for Halloween are a bunch of jerks.You give out CANDY. You want to be a health nut? Fine. Don't preach to the kids who just are looking for get some more Snickers! Jerks!

Those people ruin trick-or-treating.