Worst part of Halloween

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
blizzaradragon said:
I think it's the fact that everyone seems to try and take the holiday from being fun to being sexy. "I'm a sexy kitty", "I'm a sexy nurse", "I'm a sexy fairy", etc. People, especially here in America, have a terrible habit nowadays of trying to sexualize absolutely everything! What happened to being creative with costumes instead of essentially taping a strip of fabric over your crotch and your boobs, add a single accessory, and calling it a costume?

Other than that it's either the fact that if I were to go trick or treating I'd get slammed doors and weird looks(apparently just cause I'm in college means I can't enjoy the best part of the holiday anymore :p) or the jackasses who have to prank everyone. One year someone decided it'd be awesome to douse my car in white paint and put some black paint where the headlights are to make my car into a ghost. Not only did it take forever to get all that damn paint off, but because my window and my hood are loose paint got into both my interior and on my engine...
When I'm a home owner (and I will be living in a house I built) anyone dares to deface my house is getting pain. The easiest thing I can think of is to put a concealed camera (with night vision) by my doorstep and anyone who tries to fuck my house is getting charged with vandalism. Mostly this comes from the fact that A) it would be a fairly sizable house, and cleaning egg and TP off would be hugely time consuming, and fireworks threaten the vast wealth of sentimental treasures found inside. Also, I'm learning to be a wolf keeper, and the last thing I want is fireworks scaring the daylights out of my proud grey companions.

Also, is my area the only one that puts an age limit on the purchase of flower and eggs come Halloween time?

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
Limecake said:
I loved it as a kid because I got free candy, I hated it as a teenager because I couldn't get free candy and I was "too cool to dress up".

but as an adult Halloween is awesome, when else can you dress up and get drunk with a bunch of girls wearing next to nothing?

if there was one thing I don't like about halloween is handing out candy, I just want to sit in my apartment in peace
Very much this.. Thanks for reading my mind.

By the way complaining of cold for Halloween.. bah!.. I had two costumes, a cold weather and a warm weather, which in Chicago, mostly meant cold costume. I felt bad for the girls sometimes though.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Just realizing a few minutes ago that I'm all out of floss, and the nearest store that sells them is an hour drive away. Worst part is that they close in twenty minutes!!!

Note: I'm heading to a party soon, where they are serving my fav food: BBQ Ribs, which get stuck in my teeth too often

Aglynugga

Jul 25, 2010
Wow. what a bunch of downer people. Some of you guys must of had the most miserable childhoods ever, to not even be able to enjoy halloween. Where I'm from, halloween is almost as big as christmas. Maybe even more so for the +20-35 year set.
What is not to love about it? As a child you lterally immerse yourself in a world of morbid wonder for the sole purpose of getting free candy, as a young adult you get to party like a monster maniac, and as an 'adult', you have both the pleasure and privlidge of putting, abeit small and temporary, an honest smile on a child's sppoky little face.
Halloween is amazing. It has everything you want it to. Just because some fucks use it as an excuse to pull shit, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the holiday, because it's the same people doing it that also use every booze-soaked friday night to do the same things.
I gave out candy last year. I'm 28. It was awesome. I scared some little kids, made some older kids laugh nervously, gave away about $100 bucks worth of candy (and I'm not a rich guy), then made a crazy killer plate of poutine nachos for me and a couple of buds for the evening.
HALLOWEEN FOR LIFE!

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Handing out candy is a pain in the ass..

To avoid a low-content post I'll just elaborate that I currently live in the middle of nowhere and there are only a handful of children that show up. My neighbors complain a lot if we don't have candy for the kids, so it's basically a guessing game of when they'll show up and if one bag will be enough. Plus they expect lots of candy because there's only a few houses nearby to collect from.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Korolev said:
The worst part of Halloween, according to my American friends, is when 4 "kids" arrive at your door, wearing no costume at all saying "TRICK or treat", emphasis on the Trick part of things. Teenagers - don't trick or treat.
0__0
What?
Well thats certainly odd, I can't even IMAGINE how awkward it would be to find out something very personal about your buddy there, or even if they got arrested for streaking, hell, the amount of bad things that go to this idea? God damn kids today are stupid.

Also, their pushing it onto you guys because kids really DO enjoy it, but how they time it is weird for you guys.

binnsyboy said:
blizzaradragon said:
I think it's the fact that everyone seems to try and take the holiday from being fun to being sexy. "I'm a sexy kitty", "I'm a sexy nurse", "I'm a sexy fairy", etc. People, especially here in America, have a terrible habit nowadays of trying to sexualize absolutely everything! What happened to being creative with costumes instead of essentially taping a strip of fabric over your crotch and your boobs, add a single accessory, and calling it a costume?

Other than that it's either the fact that if I were to go trick or treating I'd get slammed doors and weird looks(apparently just cause I'm in college means I can't enjoy the best part of the holiday anymore :p) or the jackasses who have to prank everyone. One year someone decided it'd be awesome to douse my car in white paint and put some black paint where the headlights are to make my car into a ghost. Not only did it take forever to get all that damn paint off, but because my window and my hood are loose paint got into both my interior and on my engine...
When I'm a home owner (and I will be living in a house I built) anyone dares to deface my house is getting pain. The easiest thing I can think of is to put a concealed camera (with night vision) by my doorstep and anyone who tries to fuck my house is getting charged with vandalism. Mostly this comes from the fact that A) it would be a fairly sizable house, and cleaning egg and TP off would be hugely time consuming, and fireworks threaten the vast wealth of sentimental treasures found inside. Also, I'm learning to be a wolf keeper, and the last thing I want is fireworks scaring the daylights out of my proud grey companions.

Also, is my area the only one that puts an age limit on the purchase of flower and eggs come Halloween time?
HOT DAMN, YOU TRAIN WOLVES! Holy hell thats cool... Also, if fireworks happen, they will either be scared shitless or will go angry, so just to be safe, give candy to EVERY kid.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Also...female halloween costumes having to be "sexy"...glech. Especially the ones that had matching sexy costumes for your pet dog. Not right.
I have to agree. I've been to a Halloween store yesterday and pretty much all the female costumes were designed to have sex appeal. I like sexy things as much as the next guy, but goddamn have some variety.

As for what I think the worst part of Halloween is? Ever since the halloween events started in Team Fortress 2, it's much harder for me to play a game without lagging like crazy. And normally this doesn't happen too often. I'm not sure whether it's because there are so many busy servers involving the Halloween events or I downloaded something that took up a lot of space on my computer, but I just hope this blows over when Halloween has ended.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Halloween was cool until it was deemed taboo by my age group and school year. Now I sit alone eating chocolate that I bought myself and watching Halloween specials, or playing whatever TF2 update they made for it.

So as an adult you have....parties? with...what are they called.....girls? And they wear...costumes? This is a lot for my mind to grasp :/

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Aprilgold said:
Yeah, it will be cool. See, I've grown up training gun dogs, and some of my earliest memories are being thrown into the back of a land Rover with labradors for company. I've also worked with some purportedly nasty breeds and I'm quite good at bringing out docility in animals. I'm also learning about pack psychology and wolves in general. Really, I'd sooner trust a well integrated wolf with a kid than say, a dalmatian. I've seen a toddler climb all over a fully grown wolf, pulling its tail and ears and stuff. The wolf just lay there and took it because it knew it was essentially a cub doing it. Anyway, it's like two grand a cub, but to me that's worth it. When I do end up with my house and an appropriate amount of open space (say, 2 acres?) I'm going to get two cubs. If you know what you're doing, they're very safe around humans, they're intelligent and fiercely loyal. As they have the keenest of senses, and no genetic problems that result in pure bred dogs, wolves may even phase out german shepherds as police animals. They've looked into it near where I live.

That said, I wouldn't encourage wide purchase of wolves as pets, because I don't want arrogant wankers to start using them as status symbols. They'd come out mangy and angry and depressed.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Some people I know, who shall remain nameless, who dress up and insist on acting the part for the entire day. It doesn't help that they're self-described "neo-pagans", insist on calling it samhain, pronounce it in Gaelic (sowain) and correct anyone who dare pronounce it "samhayn".

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I usually love halloween, even though until now, I hadn't really taken part that much. I love the fact that for one day, everyone is permitted to dress and act as they please, no matter how ridiculous or strange.

But, there was one thing this year...I got me a pirate hat, and now I feel displeased that while the trilby came back from the 50s, the tricorn did not come back from the 1800s. I mean c'mon...tricorns are way cooler than trilbys. I now dream endlessly of a world where I may wear a tricorn hat in public all year round and not expect to be ridiculed for it.

May 29, 2011
Having to set up bear traps for the rhymers.
Also the fireworks through the letterbox.
And let's not forget the the fucking fireworks in your lettterbox.

willsham45

Apr 14, 2009
I never did trick or treating...was not a great area for it. Did punkings and made spooky things and usually had a meal with fun food with food colouring and stuff in it to make it look all wired, the table would be covered with black bags and it was always fun.

When I moved to uni though it lost the charm but gained alcohol :)

Its a shame I am no longer in the city bogiez on halloween was always a blast even if it was so crouded drinks had to be bought in bulk.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
Worst part: somewhere, somehow, Calendar man is killing someone right now and YOU have to go stop him. Keep that in mind.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
Stealthfighterx said:
Buying lots of candy and then noone comes to your house :(
I'm buying some tonight and I'm kinda afraid that's what's going to happen, but my wife said it best "if no one shows, then it's just more for us."

May 29, 2011
Forgot to mention.
for some strange reason all kids around here want is "tick or teat" and since I'm not letting them near my nipples I have to set uptraps that will carpet the children in insects and then I have to tick-proof the house.

MrCalypso

Jul 14, 2010
Kids who try and steal the candy bowl....out of your hands. Serious this almost happened 10 minutes ago.