Worst Product From CES 2010: Electronic Cigarette

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Worst Product From CES 2010: Electronic Cigarette

Phubby[/B] [http://www.phubby.com/]

Worst product name ever. Phone + Cubby = stupid. There is absolutely no reason anyone would need/want to wear their phone on their wrist. Especially if they couldn't see through the cute fuzzy fabric holding the phone. Phubby phail.

iMini Pet iPod Players

Because Teddy Ruxpin wasn't creepy enough for some people, now you can have an animatronic animal dance and sing to your favorite songs.

Funky Cold Medina, indeed.

Source: Huffington Post [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/13/worst-ces-2010-products-t_n_419765.html]

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Reading about failures like this makes me proud of not being an inventor.

I would probably do something like this if I was.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
The e-cigarette is in fact a great tool for smoking cessation... My father used a non-disposable version to kick the habit after 30+ years of smoking...

They also cut WAY down on the carcinogens that you'd get from a normal cig, and do not emit noxious smoke either. AND they can be used in places that don't normally permit smoking since nothing is actually incinerated...

In short, don't be so quick to knock it...

Aunel

May 9, 2008
wow

when they invent a bass that plays itself, I will commit ritual suicide.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
iPhone keyboard seems somewhat redundent...well, I suppose people need something to invent in there spare time

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
The iPhone keyboard is just fail...

Isn't the Phubby just a wrist warmer with a pocket?

And is it just me or do the pet iPod players all look like they are doing something obscene to the box between their legs?

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
That cigarette is the best invention ever, for without it we would not have this.

Feb 13, 2008
Yog Sothoth said:
The e-cigarette is in fact a great tool for smoking cessation... My father used a non-disposable version to kick the habit after 30+ years of smoking...

They also cut WAY down on the carcinogens that you'd get from a normal cig, and do not emit noxious smoke either. AND they can be used in places that don't normally permit smoking since nothing is actually incinerated...

Indeed, I'd say more about that gratuitous totty than the e-cigarette. From all accounts, anything that helps you give up and cuts down on the smell can only be a good thing.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
A ton of people I work with use those e-cigs. They're cheaper, less harmful, and work just as well. Definitely not hte worst product shown there, and absolutely uneducated writing saying that no one will be interested in it.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Better than my Sex-Bot army...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.167068?page=1

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Yog Sothoth said:

I know someone who bought the same product. Only major drawbacks are that it's pretty expensive at first so you'd need to smoke a lot to get your value out of it, and the guy who bought it said he had to puff a lot before any decent amount of nicotine came out of it. Said it almost made him pass out. Maybe he just had a faulty one now that I think about it.

I don't think the electronic cigarette is that dumb of an idea either. Yes you're still addicted but at least you got rid of the carcinogens, smell and ugly yellow teeth.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
That Itype thing is the WORST idea I've seen since the Wii Dart accessory.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Greg Tito said:
It loses points for its creators believing that anyone would actually buy this product.
ermmm... I have two one a fag and one a cigar.

Its good for going out clubbing in Europe since your not allowed to smoke inside due to the Orwellian society we live in.

They work too, the cigar you can blows smoke circles with.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Greg Tito said:
Worst product name ever. Phone + Cubby = stupid. There is absolutely no reason anyone would need/want to wear their phone on their wrist. Especially if they couldn't see through the cute fuzzy fabric holding the phone. Phubby phail.

Funky Cold Medina, indeed.
OK I feel like a complete loser now, because I'm a fashion victim and dislike the way a bulging pocket full of crap upset the lines of my smart attire I'm actually interested in the phubby, since i'd then have perfect lines on my clothes and would look sexy ... albeit with a wrist the shape of a smartphone

Also its creepy having cuddly toys singing Funky Cold Medina, since its a song about date rape, seriously listen to the lyrics if you don't believe.

And I have those E cigars, god I'm rubbish, I'm the lamest person on the Escapist.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
hmm the "healthy" cigarette doesn't sound to bad in these post new years days where im trying to cut down, and succeeding mind you, went from 30 to 10(maybe more like 14) in 14 days, now thats impressive, kinda.

but the rest goes fro bad to plain mind boggling stupid, the keyboard to the iPhone is really fucking stupid.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
On the link: I've give the electronic bidet a go... you know, just as a test... just sayin...

Maybe CyberClean too, why is that a bad idea if it works? For those of us who eat while we type...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I would post a de/motivator but it's overdone in times like these. Idiotic. Stupid. Retarded. Lame. Boring. Already Done. Those words sum up my feelings on one of the most stupid ideas.