Worst Product From CES 2010: Electronic Cigarette

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
I can see joggers using the Phubby (so they don't have to fiddle with pockets and can use it as a music player), but don't they already have accessories that do more or less the same thing?

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Tenmar said:
It probably got the worst product because not many tech guys smoke or addicted to smoking.
I wouldn't say that. I know a couple Linux nerds that smoke a ton and have started to switch to the e-cigs.

TheScarecrow

Jul 27, 2009
A friend of mine has an electronic cigarette, I don't know if it's that one.

He likes it so I support it.

killgannon

Jan 19, 2009
I agree with what seems to be the majority of the people on this thread, the e-cigarette is not as ridiculous an idea as the article makes out. Speaking as someone who has been trying (and failing if i'm honest) to quit for a while now it sounds like a much better alternative to the gum or patches, both of which have been fairly useless for me at least.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I would say the e-cig isn't a bad idea... but those Ipod creatures are the creepiest things in the entire world.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
vivaldiscool said:
I'm still waiting for a nicotineless e-cigarette for style only.
The e-cigs do them. Get yourself nicotineless cartridges, that way you'll just be inhaling water vapour.

Right, I actually do think that the e-cig Greg mentioned may be a bit balls. Why?
It's disposable. A few uses only, then you have to buy another one, unlike current e-cigs, where you only have to replace or refill the cartridge held in the mouthpiece.

Wouldn't that make this model of e-cig more expensive in the long term than regular e-cigs?

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
What a bunch of geniuses. I can see how the Electronic Cigarette could be useful though, so I'd say thats possibly the most useful one there.

As for the iPhone....just WHY? Why would anyone carry that around?

The Phubby is a complete FACEPALM, how on earth is that useful? Are people so lazy that they can't be bothered to hold their iPods now? Or err...pockets?

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
the people who invented these products must me desperate or dellusional. either one... maybe both!
although, the e-cig isn't such a bad idea...

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
I'm so disappointed in the Electronic Cigarettes. I had expected that they'd found some way to digitize tabacco addiction, perhaps through stat-boosts for a character in a MMORPG off-set by stat degradation when one quits or level-grinding cancers or something to that effect.

As for the robots...if they can't kill, I'm not interested.
I guess I'd have to see what happens if they dance to Death Metal or Gangsta Rap, now won't I?

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
did anyone look at the source page? because i thought the unbreakable phone video was a classic:
[link]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8450385.stm?ls[/link]

AzzA-D

Nov 18, 2009
As previously mentioned I think the main advantage (apart from the lack of cancer of course) of an e-cigarette is that you can smoke them in any place. Back when I worked in telesales I desperately wanted one just to keep my stress levels down, and so I could "smoke" on the job.

Of course, I cant think of any advantage to the other products. They just fail.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Hubilub said:
Reading about failures like this makes me proud of not being an inventor.

I would probably do something like this if I was.
same here good sir