Worst Racism You've Encountered

Of-the-Lion

Feb 18, 2010
Funny racism:
Connor(white): Hey Devon, let's trade bodies.
Devon(black): OK. (pretends to push glasses up his nose and says in nerdy white guy voice) Hey everybody! let's play pokemon!
Connor: Whoa! I want some fried chicken. Whoa! My dick is 12 inches long!

Not funny time:
random picture of crying black baby in 8th grade civics slideshow.
Spoiled closet retard shouts out: Is that Obama as a baby?
Teacher: Taylor, just shut up ok?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I'm Irish Canadian and lucky now that it's cool to be Irish. 45 years ago I would of been called a drunk and a freeloader.
I have been called a cracker by other white kids. Which I'd than always outwit and make them look stupid. They'd never fight me either cause I'm a big guy.
Worst bit of racism I'm seen was some guy going off at how much he hates non whites.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
You know the hicks that we (Or at least I) try to pretend don't exist? You ever try to listen to them talk? Dear god, I sat next to one in an English class sophomore year in high school. I heard every racist term I know (And several I didn't) said in the most derogatory manner possible. At first, I honestly thought he was joking.

The really worrying thing is that this guy is now in the military. Yes. He was given a gun.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
I used to work somewhere that was a 70% hispanic workforce. The racism was very heavy there. The strange part of it was that the facility manager was cuban, he was racist towards anyone white. This was a new spin on racism i hadn't foreseen. I was one of the victims.

Seeing it from both sides racism is both stupid and in poor taste.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Well, do past life experiences count?

I saw a 10 year old black kid being beaten by Klu Klux Klan members.
I saw a gay asian man stabbed, with the asshats saying
"I bet you like this in your ass, don't you slit-eye?"

And I saw a 6 year old white girl being smacked around(literally) by black parents, with one mother stating,
"You think you are better than my daughter? Think again little cracker."

I can top everything in this thread with things that are just off the tip of my memory.
No wonder I have nightmares at night. >.>

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I never understood why, if a white guy makes a racist comment, he gets jumped, but if a black guy makes a racist comment, its all ok.

Rylot

May 14, 2010
My roommate has a bunch of friends that like to act racist. He then feels the need to join in to try and look cool. The lot of them are fucking dumb asses. I've heard them tossing around the N word while listening to black rappers. People don't generally make sense to me.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Icehearted said:
How do I describe the last 20 years of my life? I can make a shortlist and you can be the judge of what was worse.

I've lost 5 jobs because of my black person status (they usually just n-word me.... a lot, and calling me buckwheat is also popular around here)
I was assaulted in high school (again, lots of n-words... bottles and rocks were thrown, and not shit was done about it by faculty member or local law enforcement)
I've been ejected from church... (not as much n-wording)
I've been ejected from places of business (very little n-wording, but my "kind" was not permitted)
I've been refused service at a restaurant (also a bar, but at least the owner was willing to call me n-words to my face, the restaurant manager was another of those "we don't serve your kind" people)
I won't even go into what my family life has been like, but let's just say one of my parents was not above making remarks about me either
I get harassed often when in public, which is why I'm a shut-in now, have been for most of these last two decades.
I've been n-worded by local police, so if something happens to me I don't exactly feel safe looking to them for help.
Little children have n-worded me.... that one stung a lot more than usual, though you never quite get used to it, even after all these years
I can disguise being half-black, and I generally do that as much as I can, but on occasion questions arise and I answer honestly, even knowing the consequences will usually be pretty goddamn negative. My favorite was a white girl I dated briefly that stated that the only kind of men she wanted to be with were whites only. I knew my future was not with her, but then this is not uncommon where I live, so I just sort of went with it for that final date (yes, it was the final date that she'd said that).
Friends have questioned whether or not I really consider myself a black person, treating it like an unfortunate condition. They aren't friends anymore, not all because of this, but it happens a lot here.
I was refuse employment because I revealed I was black to potential employers, who would upon finding out show me the door saying they were no longer interested in hiring, or "we just don't need your kind of trouble".
Friends have refused to be in public places with me because I am black, so I was sort of a secret for them.

I really could go on and on, but I think this should be enough to choose from. You tell me, which is worse? Which one of these has left me with clinically diagnosed debilitating disorders.

For me this growing collage of personal experiences has sort of melted into two very simple schools of thought; I am ethnically inferior to anyone that is not black and white, and that the state I live in will always be hell.

And before anyone suggests I leave explain how I do that when I can't hold down a job long enough to make money and move....

Apologies for typos, but this thread upsets me, and writing this the first time was hard enough.
(O_O)

Where do I donate to your retirement fund? (O_O)

(O_O)

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
My friends parents are hilariously racist. We were watching the news once and there was a story on how full up the hospitals are getting in the UK and his mum just full out and said "ugh damn black people, now they are filling up our hospitals".
These people are really very nice but I had never heard anyone ever be that racist in my life and I couldn't help but laugh.

Icehearted said:
How do I describe the last 20 years of my life? I can make a shortlist and you can be the judge of what was worse.

I've lost 5 jobs because of my black person status (they usually just n-word me.... a lot, and calling me buckwheat is also popular around here)
I was assaulted in high school (again, lots of n-words... bottles and rocks were thrown, and not shit was done about it by faculty member or local law enforcement)
I've been ejected from church... (not as much n-wording)
I've been ejected from places of business (very little n-wording, but my "kind" was not permitted)
I've been refused service at a restaurant (also a bar, but at least the owner was willing to call me n-words to my face, the restaurant manager was another of those "we don't serve your kind" people)
I won't even go into what my family life has been like, but let's just say one of my parents was not above making remarks about me either
I get harassed often when in public, which is why I'm a shut-in now, have been for most of these last two decades.
I've been n-worded by local police, so if something happens to me I don't exactly feel safe looking to them for help.
Little children have n-worded me.... that one stung a lot more than usual, though you never quite get used to it, even after all these years
I can disguise being half-black, and I generally do that as much as I can, but on occasion questions arise and I answer honestly, even knowing the consequences will usually be pretty goddamn negative. My favorite was a white girl I dated briefly that stated that the only kind of men she wanted to be with were whites only. I knew my future was not with her, but then this is not uncommon where I live, so I just sort of went with it for that final date (yes, it was the final date that she'd said that).
Friends have questioned whether or not I really consider myself a black person, treating it like an unfortunate condition. They aren't friends anymore, not all because of this, but it happens a lot here.
I was refuse employment because I revealed I was black to potential employers, who would upon finding out show me the door saying they were no longer interested in hiring, or "we just don't need your kind of trouble".
Friends have refused to be in public places with me because I am black, so I was sort of a secret for them.

I really could go on and on, but I think this should be enough to choose from. You tell me, which is worse? Which one of these has left me with clinically diagnosed debilitating disorders.

For me this growing collage of personal experiences has sort of melted into two very simple schools of thought; I am ethnically inferior to anyone that is not black and white, and that the state I live in will always be hell.

And before anyone suggests I leave explain how I do that when I can't hold down a job long enough to make money and move....

Apologies for typos, but this thread upsets me, and writing this the first time was hard enough.
...Jeez
If you ever want a friend in the UK, I will buy you a beer sometime. Where on earth do you live to receive such disgusting racism?

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
When I was in college I had to take out loans every year, work study programs, and had a part time job pulling 35 hours a week; no free money for me. I come from a family that makes about $55,000 a year with two other kids other then myself, however I knew a couple of blacks and latinos who's folks made about $100,000 a year who got around 50% of their college paid for with public scholarships or grants.
After college I had a friend who tried to get me job but his boss overrode him since a black woman put in for it. Apparently he told my friend that he'd "rather hire the minority then a white kid since he can't sue us for discrimination."

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I think the worst thing anyone ever said to me personally was that I was sitting in a desk and a Caucasion kid walked up and said he wanted my desk (I'm partially Native American, and it kinda shows in my skin colour). When I siad know, he said I'd better reconsider before I got a case of smallpox from a blanket and forced me from my desk.

But probably the worst was that a southern had told my black friend that he didnt stop talking ot the white girls he'd get a burning cross in his yard and the KKK would lynch him up on high in the oak tree as an example.

Slim-Shot

Aug 9, 2009
My Grandfather was old school air force. Whenever he would go for an afternoon nap, he would always say that he was off for a bit of "Maori PT".

Racism is kind of ingrained in NZ culture, but never in a really negative way. Everyone just seems to kind of laugh about it. Ike if you're late, the boss will ask if you're running on "Island time".

I think the only genuine racism in NZ (with the notable exception of the skinhead gangs around) actually come from the more militant Maori tribes.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
SB1070
No I've actually seen much worse however I think I've repressed a lot of the memories.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Gennadios said:
This isn't "bad" in the traditional sense, as all parties involved were laughing about it, but it was pretty shocking.

Once finished, one of the daughters commented on my slight accent, so I informed them I'm Ukrainian, after a blank stare I just said "Russian" and their eyes just bulged.

One person in the waiting room overheard us talking and walked up to mention how when he told them he was Peruvian they assumed it was somewhere in Spain.
Hehehe. My mother was once accused of having a "Mexican Accent". This would have been understandable if she her native tongue was a romance language, but she was German.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
ClaptonKnophlerHendrix said:
The Australians here will understand this.
Went to the Northern Territory. A community with roughly even Aboriginal and White population.
Never seen anything like it, seemed like Civil Rights movement era US.
What makes me sad is that nobody seems to care. I'm Aboriginal myself and hearing some of the heart-rending stories from the NT and the sheer indifference/ignorance from the general Australian public astounds me.