Worst reason you ever heard for not liking a band.

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
me: Avanged sevenfold
friend: Ewww
me: why dont you like them ?
Friend: there emo

o_O

hailmagus

Jan 17, 2008
Squedee said:
hailmagus said:
Because they're popular. Which can go either way really. Hard to say for sure. But that's a topic for another time me thinks.

But lest we not forget about the almighty Zeppelin of Led.
or the maiden of iron or the sabbath of black
Indeed, say I.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
"He's white."

I'm an Eminem fan.
I mean of all the valid reasons you could have chosen, you pick the most retarded thing in the world.

Actually "They're old." is worse.

Iron Maiden are still awesome to this day.

Contreg

Oct 6, 2008
Madnezz said:
"They're French"

In regards to Daft Punk.
Who are they and whats there social security number? *sharpens hunting knife*

the stupidest one i'e heard has allready been said (because of cartoons) but another one i heard was "I don't like them because they're not that popular and i only like popular things"
Cue angry rant.

slevin8989

Apr 3, 2009
StarStruckStrumpets said:
"Hey, do you like (Insert Band-Name Here)?"

"No..."

"Why not?"

"Because now everyone likes them..."

-_-
That's the worse one i hear it all the time just because more people like it the decide that it sucks horrible reason to hate a band

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Panzer_God said:
I don't like any band that performs in relation to disney.
This. The Jonas Brothers don't even perform their own songs live; they have a backup band for that. I guess making the crowd want you is so difficult that you can't perform on your own... then explain how the legends did it while they were shitfaced, you pop punk twat.
Nothing against the genre of "pop punk", I just used it as a frame of reference.

egwidalin said:
I have always been a big fan of the metal genre, and im very much growing tired of people saying its just a bunch of yelling and screaming. They are angry people, duh, theyre supposed to yell and scream! Besides, it isnt even that bad, most of it is quite understandable if u actually take the time to listen to it :( I really need to find some new freinds that appreciate metal and not listen to the sissy crap that my current friends like like :p
I used to think that way, but once I got into In Flames, AILD, Protest the Hero, and such, I can understand (and sing along with) a bunch of their songs now.
pth ftw.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Symp4thy said:
I'm a big country fan, and the one I hear all the time is, "country is just guys singing about their truck and their dog dying." Of course I used to say I hated country too, until I actually listened to it.
But it basically is the exact same song over and over. Someone cheated on someone else, trucks, drinking, hell there are even songs about songs.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Who cares if they have a bad reason for not liking a band? It's all subjective. How can it be wrong to state a preference?

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
dnnydllr said:
I heard someone say they don't like Steve Vai because he moves " up and down the neck to much." Those extra frets are there for a reason.................
I dislike Vai for basically the same reason, but it has less to do with the number of frets he uses and more to do with the fact that most of his songs seem purely like exercises in music theory with no soul. Don't tell me to listen to "For the love of God" or anything like that. I've given Vai a listen, and the dude can barely write a good riff to save his life.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Mykonos said:
"Radiohead Sucks."

"What? Why do you say that?"

"Because they're nothing like Coldplay."

"Get out."
I think that might be the funniest reason I've ever heard.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
TundraWolf said:
Worst reason I've ever heard?

"They sold out."

I could literally rant about this for hours, but I won't, because I don't want to give myself a hernia.
This