Worst sound to hear in a game?

MegatonDesign

Apr 9, 2009
Worst thing to hear in a video game? It can be anything inside of the game world, be it a repetitive warning, irritating guns, or anything else that just ticks you off inside a game.

For me it has to be the headshot sound in gears, and it's your head all over the pavement :(

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
It doesen't tick me off, but it makes no sense. Why is it that when you curb-stomp somebody in Gears, they continue to scream for about 2 seconds after they are dead. I mean.. their head is gone!

marfoir(IRL)

Jan 11, 2008
In COD4 there was one sound that filled me with fear:

*click*

For a sound that ticks me off however it would have to be the noises that the "zombies" in stalker made. They didn't sound like zombies they sounded like someone doing a retard impression.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Ocarina of Time. "Hey, listen!" It's not annoying at first, but after a while it is.

Satki

Dec 29, 2007
People chatting on Halo 3 or COD4?

Or Any of the character's talking in Assassins creed, you have to listen through their monologues EVERY SINGLE TIME if you fail a mission, ffs

Also this:
marfoir(IRL) said:
MegatonDesign said:
marfoir(IRL) said:
In COD4 there was one sound that filled me with fear:

*click*
and the sound of the frigging silenced P90.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Oblivion- the incessant spoutings of "Well met", with the guards having to say "STOP! You've violated the law!"

I mean, throw in some interesting dialogue now and again, Bethesda. But I do admit they took me off guard when a high elf asked me what the fee was for necrophilia, 2nd offense.
They did do a better job with Fallout 3 though.

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
The sound of your idiot team mate taking a 5.56 in the head followed by the tink-tink-tink BOOM of his marty nade.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
In Neverwinter Nights, most of the spells (except the silenced ones, of course) have an incantation and the character says something like "omidor, nabora, sesta!" when summoning or "kyou kyeu qu bee, za bee!" when using a Divination spell.

However, my pulse always goes up when I hear a monster or another player cast on me a spell with the sound:

"Ka. Cesta. Kou!" or something like that. To not knowing people - that's a Necromancy spell. I usually expect something like "5829062 Negative Damage" or "1+515221 against 20 DC = critical failure".

MegatonDesign

Apr 9, 2009
G1eet said:
Oblivion- the incessant spoutings of "Well met", with the guards having to say "STOP! You've violated the law!"

I mean, throw in some interesting dialogue now and again, Bethesda. But I do admit they took me off guard when a high elf asked me what the fee was for necrophilia, 2nd offense.
So true! epecially the stop you've violated the law bs.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
G1eet said:

The line they repeatedly spout in battle are worse. Who the hell wrote "I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome that you!"?

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Since the Titan Pack was added to UT3, the sound somebody makes when they become a Juggernaut and you're not one yourself. If you're on Team Deathmatch, you pray to god that it was somebody on your team.

Also on UT3, the sound of the Redeemer's explosion. (If you have the unlimited ammo mutator on) If they're on your team, they're getting tonnes of team-kills; on their team and you're gonna get owned; on free-for-all and everyone's gonna die.

Captain Spectacular

Feb 4, 2009
This isn't the game's fault really but when playing online and one of your teammates won't turn off his headset and sits right next to the TV. I don't need to hear an echo of what I heard followed by the constant buzzing sound of your mic.

tofutiles

Apr 30, 2008
The game over screen in Mass Effect, okay thirty seconds to get the message "Game Over" accompanied by the most annoying song ever composed on a fucking synthesizer.

zelfan

Oct 20, 2008
People who rescript the voices in Left 4 Dead and just use Zoey's Dying scream over and over and over. "AHHHHHAHAHahahahHAh"

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
Baldurs Gate 2

When the time comes to stack 'Cure Light Wounds' you will hear the same chant half a dozen times "kyorna Vorsta klay!" YES I KNOW YOU'RE CASTYING A HEALING SPELL NOW SHUT YOUR TRAP! *pant pant*