Worst sound to hear in a game?

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
WeirdNeville said:
CoD4 - That little 'click' as you trigger a claymore. It gives you just enough time to think "shit" but not say it before you die.
Always fidn them right after I've sprinted....bastards...

Cubilone

Jan 14, 2009
Duuuh, duh-duh-duuuh duuuuh.

The white shark-thing that comes to get you in Bubble Bobble.

I'm sure there are other noises much worse than this one even for me, but it is the first that came to mind.

Chaingang

Dec 22, 2008
I've got three:

The sound of a spartan laser charging as you ask your team who has it.
The barking of dogs in CoD5, because my stupid teammates always freak out.
Little kids who try to tell you their favorite weapon in any game, be it the BR or the M4.

On the other hand, my favorite noise in the world is the sound of an enemey Banshee. It translates as a free vehicle and a medal.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
G1eet said:
Arrers said:
G1eet said:
Oblivion- the incessant spoutings of "Well met", with the guards having to say "STOP! You've violated the law!"

I mean, throw in some interesting dialogue now and again, Bethesda. But I do admit they took me off guard when a high elf asked me what the fee was for necrophilia, 2nd offense.
They did do a better job with Fallout 3 though.
The line they repeatedly spout in battle are worse. Who the hell wrote "I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome that you!"?
I will admit it's original, but after hearing it for the umpteenth time, it loses its appeal.
At least in Fallout 3 all anyone ever says in battle is the occasional grunt or psychotic laughter.
Thats not true at all, Super Mutants all say, "Blarrhhh I'll eat you, when your dead!"

And raiders have some shitty dialogue as well.

Annoying sound for me is the little bleep, bleep, just before a grenade kills you in Killzone 2.

vanguard_anon

Feb 11, 2009
Baby Tea said:
The worst sound in a game?

"WHAT?? MOM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?
NO MOM!
...MOM!
...MOM I DID IT LAST WEEK!
...MOM IT'S KATELYN'S TURN!
KATELYN SHUTTUP!
SHUTTUP KATELYN!
NO MOM I'M SORRY! I'LL DO IT AFTER THIS ROUND!
AFTER THIS ROUND!
LIKE 10 MINUTES!
10 MINUTES!
YES MY HOMEWORK IS DONE!
WHAT?
...WHAT??
I DON'T WANNA GOTO GRANDMA'S!"

Ugh...just mute your freaking mic please.
Thread winnner!

That happened in my game last week. Everybody in the lobby started "talking" to his mom too. It was a hilarious chorus whining. I joined in the begging to stay up late too and I'm 36 years old with a wife and two kids. :)

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I hate footsteps in Theif 2. Gives me the chills.

Also, hearing Brutes screaming "The Demon is dead" for the 232565555788778878878574968969624762133854596542 time gets annyoning.

minispike47

Aug 15, 2008
Greyfox105 said:
It's got to be...
"Your Health is Low. Do you Have any Potions, or Food?"..
from Fable. In Fable II there is a message saying that after jack was defeated the first time, the guild master was found dead with the words "Your Health Is Low" carved into his forehead.
Admit it, you would of done that if you could after playing through Fable.
I 100% agree, I really wanted to kill him!

minispike47

Aug 15, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Snake? SNNNNNAAAAKKKEEE!!!!!!!!!!! from MGS1

Death to the assassin! from assassin's creed
Or when they are looking for you on a roof and your in the roof hut/things and they say "I know your here somewhere!". Fucking Retarded AI

jonza1

Apr 15, 2009
"error, we failed to save your game and everything you have done up till now has been deleted" which happened to me on assassins creed when i got up to the last mission D:

minispike47

Aug 15, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
minispike47 said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Snake? SNNNNNAAAAKKKEEE!!!!!!!!!!! from MGS1

Death to the assassin! from assassin's creed
Or when they are looking for you on a roof and your in the roof hut/things and they say "I know your here somewhere!". Fucking Retarded AI
Yeah those are rock gardens if I'm not mistaken
I also hate from Assassin's Creed is
"Sir do you have any coins to spare? I'm poor,sick and hungry" I hate those beggar women in Acre those most because of that horrible voice
At least they reward you with an achievement if you push 25 of them over (I know, i'm an achievement whore)

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
ShredHead said:
G1eet said:
Arrers said:
G1eet said:
Oblivion- the incessant spoutings of "Well met", with the guards having to say "STOP! You've violated the law!"

I mean, throw in some interesting dialogue now and again, Bethesda. But I do admit they took me off guard when a high elf asked me what the fee was for necrophilia, 2nd offense.
The line they repeatedly spout in battle are worse. Who the hell wrote "I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome that you!"?
I will admit it's original, but after hearing it for the umpteenth time, it loses its appeal.
At least in Fallout 3 all anyone ever says in battle is the occasional grunt or psychotic laughter.
Thats not true at all, Super Mutants all say, "Blarrhhh I'll eat you, when your dead!"

And raiders have some shitty dialogue as well.
Point being it still gets pretty damn repetitive.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The heavy music that comes in when a tank has noticed you in Left 4 Dead. The faint cries of a witch. The horde music. "RELOADING". Anything from Left 4 Dead.

Ethereal.Frog

May 10, 2009
The crunch sort of sound you hear when on the receiving end of a headshot in Counter-Strike Source. Also, the sound of Oak's axe hitting the ground for 9001st time in Demigod.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
Woodster 117 said:
The Tank music on L4D,When your playing on Expert.
This.
Or the sound when you die in F.E.A.R. 2... It just pisses me off to die from a laser shot in the back.

Killersamman

Mar 18, 2009
duh duh - duh duh - duh duh dum: "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, and desert you!"

Or maybe it's the frag hissing'Ssssssssssss' interuppted by '- BOOM'

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
Arrers said:
G1eet said:

that line is unintentionally hilarious.
sooo overacted its ridiculous.
another personal favourite of mine is when some says: 'why... wont... you... DIE!' thats funny

Ian1732

Jun 8, 2009
Tales of Vesperia:
"Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE! Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE! Blah blah blah, TIDAL WAVE!..."
Oh, also in Fable 2, when you hear a Hollow-man right around the corner of a doorway. Then they jump out and scare my nipples off.