Worst Story in a game Ever

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
pspman45 said:
Jonny49 said:
Battlefield 3 isn't even out yet, that's hardly fair.

Also, Black Ops and Bad Company 1 are hardly Cold War fantasist wank games. Black Ops by no means glorifies it's subject matter and in Bad Company 1 you pretty much abandon the army.

OT:(Speaking of games that are basically Cold War fantasy) Alot of Tom Clancy games have really weak stories (exceptions probably being Splinter Cell and possibly EndWar). They usually revolve around- Kill this guy, prevent war, the end.
you thought Endwar and BO had good stories, but Rainbow Six did not?
I rather liked Rainbow Six Vegas' story
Terrorists in Vegas
shiny lights, big guns, decent plot twist. I will admit it got hard to follow at times, but was pretty good otherwise

and I did love Bad Company 1's story, the light-heartedness, and wacky dialogue.
Bad Company 2 was a huge letdown for me, not only were the missions EXTREMELY LINEAR, but all of the humor and light tone were gone...
gone...
Missed out on the Vegas games, I played number 2 for a short while but I wasn't impressed.

And I totally agree with you on Bad Company 2, what a mess. Such a huge letdown.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Jonny49 said:
Missed out on the Vegas games, I played number 2 for a short while but I wasn't impressed.

And I totally agree with you on Bad Company 2, what a mess. Such a huge letdown.
I want my money back EA!

Raskolnikov34

Jun 10, 2011
Robert Holmes said:
Raskolnikov34 said:
Elmoth said:
Raskolnikov34 said:
Also, anything involving "space marines" (with the exception of Mass Effect).
You do not know of what you speak.
Care to enlighten me?
Dawn of War 2 had a good story.
Oh God, don't get me started on Warhammer 40k...Didn't play Dawn of War 2 though so maybe they did well considering the what they had to work with.

fibchopkin

Feb 22, 2011
My first, immediate thoughts were: sonic chronicles and metroid: other m. I stand by my choice of sc (I think we can all agree that this game belongs firmly in the closet of shame which bioware has rightly relegated it to) but I'm not sure about other m. I was so pissed at what they'd done to to Samus, I could never finish the dang thing. So I'm not actually sure if the story line was as crappy as the beginning forshadowed. I've tried playing it twice and each time I've had to give up b/c of an almost uncontrollable urge to smash my screen. There are already so few strong, kickass females in all areas of life, did they really have to mess w/ Samus until she was FUBAR too?

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Am I the only one in the world who LIKED Dragon Age II's story?

To me, it seemed like it treated Kirkwall itself as the main character and explored how it evolved in response to your actions. I really enjoyed it.

And yes, I've played Dragon Age I and beaten it twice. Combat in the first was certainly better but the stories were equally fun to me.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
Brombaq said:
Black Ops Story was actually interesting and enjoyable...
I bet you guys have never really tryed to play black ops only focusing on the singleplayer especially the twist in that story is nice. I know that there are better games out there but I cant stand people that say that the story sucks.
Yeah if you actually read into it without being put off by the stereotype of a COD fan you actually find something unexpected, although I wouldn't say that twist was the most suprising thing I'd ever seen. A good twist can keep it's entire audience mostly unsure of it and guessing (but never getting close) and then after building up the tension, finally climaxing with a twist that makes you think and also go back and realise things you never noticed because you didn't know the twist.

Talking to Reznov in the tunnels in that one Vietnam level makes your teammate act like your insane

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Eveonline100 said:
Jegsimmons said:
SNIPERFOX ft. Harry P.Ness said:
Call of duty modern warfare. all of them
call of duty black-ops.
Battlefield bad company 1 & 2
Battlefield 3.

reason: All together now kids!
COLD WAR FANTASIST WANK GAMES!

i'll give you COD, but your confuseing story with more what can be described as NICHE, the stories in bad co. one and two were damn entertaining.
and you dont fight in the cold war in BF3. its in the mid east.
Well thats just as cliched as the whole cold war going hot games so either way but i digress i feel asthough Jegsimmons is judging a book(Game) by it cover so :/
I'M judgeing a book by its cover? i've played these games (not BF3 but i digress)

Anchupom

In it for the Pub Club cookies
Apr 15, 2009
Greatjusticeman said:
Crackdown.

I don't even know if that should count. There wasn't even a story.

"You have super abilities, go kill thugs."
That happens to be my motto.

OT: I think we're all in agreement that Heavy Rain is pretty nonsensical.
But the God of War franchise is pretty poor.
(Spartan fears death, becomes Aries' *****. Family dies, Spartan kills Aries, becomes God. Goes on rampage killing all other gods. Turns out his dad is Zeus.)
Also, from what I can gather - Halo.
(War is going on, kill enemies. By Halo 3 - enemies now no longer threat, kill parasites by igniting big explody ring.)
I've never played Halo, in case you haven't gathered.

Sep 17, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
I found the Halo story to be tired and boring, but then again, i read a lot of sci fy and history, so I wasnt exactly shocked when the idea of enslavement and conquering the galaxy came up.
I was never a huge fan of Halo's campaign, but their is so much more to Halo's lore than just that. You should look it up.

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Selvec said:
The Sorrow said:
Am I the only one in the world who LIKED Dragon Age II's story?

To me, it seemed like it treated Kirkwall itself as the main character and explored how it evolved in response to your actions. I really enjoyed it.

And yes, I've played Dragon Age I and beaten it twice. Combat in the first was certainly better but the stories were equally fun to me.
But thats just the thing. The city didn't involve, it stayed static the entire time. The whole time it changed at all during all those years was during the end part, and the part with the Qunari.
I thought the power vacuum following the end of Act II was quite interesting, as were your companions' evolutions.

But to each his own, I suppose. People dislike MGS4's story and I understand why; still made me cry, though.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Minecrafts' story is so damn flimsy it might not even exist. I still don't get how the creepers are supposed to factor into it.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Supreme Commander 2. For an RTS, it seems like they took some time to do something with the story, too bad it got too confusing by the end of the first mission, and that's when I stopped caring about it. The story in the first one and its expansion was weak, but at least it could be followed when the conflicts occured along racial (?) lines.