Worst. Weapon. Ever.

Mysterious Stranger

Oct 6, 2009
Everyone makes lists of the best weapons of all time in games. The ones that are so powerful, practical, or just plain fun to use that they become part of gaming culture forever. Then there are the worst weapons. The rifle that fires slower than an old musket. The sword that does so little damage that you might as well be using a stick. The shotgun with a range less than the distance you can throw it. What do you think is the worst game weapon you've ever had the displeasure of using?

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Buster Blade:
It's known to be Clouds best weapon ever, and is everyone favorite, except for the fact that you replace it literally as early as possible. The first weapon you find is better, the slums sell better weapons than the Buster blade

REvolve

Oct 7, 2007
Klobb from Goldeneye, takes 7 shots to shoot through a pane of glass. Oh the frustration.

Feb 13, 2008
I'd say

from this interesting website.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112749-Worst-Weapon-Evar
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.129743-Worst-Weapon-Ever
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.164967-Worst-weapon-add-on-ever

:)

Urdnot Perplex

Aug 11, 2011
The survival knives from Resident Evil. If your life is in danger you're better off slitting your throat with it to avoid experiencing what it's like to be eaten.

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
Varmint Rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.

It felt as if I was playing Morrowind, missing all the time.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
In a lot of games:
Rocket launchers.

They always seem to be either reserved for special anti-helicopter boss sections and basically useless in the rest of the game as there's no ammo to be found for it. Or they do have sufficient ammo to see semi-regular use but they're significantly worse then most other heavy weapons.

I've rarely seen games in which explosive weapons are well balanced.

Yumore

Jun 16, 2011
The Crowbar in Deus Ex... if your gonna be using melee why kill the person if you can knock them out at the same range silentley

Mechanical Cat Fish

May 16, 2009
Do card games count? Because I'm pretty sure they put the sword chucks in Magic the Gathering. What could be worse than a weapon which is just as dangerous to the wielder as the target? You have to grip it by the blade for goodness' sake.

Mysterious Stranger

Oct 6, 2009
REvolve said:
Klobb from Goldeneye, takes 7 shots to shoot through a pane of glass. Oh the frustration.
Oh man, when I was nine I thought that weapon was so cool 'cause you could use TWO of 'em. Then I tried to shoot someone with it. Yeah... at least the ammo was plentiful.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
REvolve said:
Heck yes. Made it's return in Perfect Dark, with no improvements whatsoever.
Playing multiplayer with only klobb's was friggin hilarious. Bonus points if you play with one hit kill...

Scratch17

Mar 1, 2011
It doesn't qualify as a weapon, but it has to do with its allocation as a weapon.

I despise that the research camera in Bioshock is placed between the other weapons.
"Damn, out of ammo!" *scroll scroll* Camera. :/

Mike Laserbeam

Dec 10, 2010
Yumore said:
The Crowbar in Deus Ex... if your gonna be using melee why kill the person if you can knock them out at the same range silentley
And yet why do I feel so much better using the crowbar than any other melee weapon short of the Dragon's Tooth sword...?

Mysterious Stranger

Oct 6, 2009
Scratch17 said:
It doesn't qualify as a weapon, but it has to do with its allocation as a weapon.

I despise that the research camera in Bioshock is placed between the other weapons.
"Damn, out of ammo!" *scroll scroll* Camera. :/
Agreed. And also throw in any inventory item that isn't a weapon but is placed in the same menu as them, like the fishing rod from Twilight Princess or the camera (again) in Fallout: New Vegas. Wasted space.

Yumore

Jun 16, 2011
Mike Laserbeam said:
Yumore said:
And yet why do I feel so much better using the crowbar than any other melee weapon short of the Dragon's Tooth sword...?
Because Gordon Freeman made the crowbar the single greatest weapon ever, able to destroy everything from combine soldiers to headcrab zombies. JC Denton, did not read page one of Gordons book

Mysterious Stranger

Oct 6, 2009
RT said:
The fucking Gunblade.
Okay, I never played FFVIII, so you're gonna have to explain that to me. Or is this just a crack at the design? That complaint is even older than my thread idea (thanks for that little kick in the nads, root... I should've used the search bar).