Would anyone jump ship (leave their country) if they could?

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Nope.

For all its problems, Canada is a pretty cool place to live.

Has just enough stupidity and crime to feel like America, just enough manners and class to feel like Britain, and just enough stuck-up and pretentious people to feel like France.

O Canada, how I love thee.

(For all you over-sensative types, I'm using these stereotypes in a tongue and cheek manner. I don't actually believe that the aforementioned places are how I described as I have visited them in person.

God this disclaimer is lame. See what I have to do for you people? The lameness is your fault! If you developed a sense of humour I wouldn't have to cheapen this post. Oh crap... what if they take offence to being called lame? I can't win! :( )

May 25, 2010
Well I live in Greece and I'd like to get the hell out as soon as I'm out of high school. Where to? England, Australia, Bulgaria or Germany would be nice.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I'd love to move and travel the world. I find it shocking that some people haven't even been in an airplane.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Yes, but since we Americans are undereducated, I only speak one language so my options are limited.

Sadly, the majority of other English speaking countries have become overprotective nanny states that steal people's rights or severely restrict them. Australia would be great but I'll be damned if I'm paying double price for my games (You Aussies have my sympathies). I'm also not giving up my guns so UK and Australia are out. Canada isn't bad at all but I'd probably want to go a bit farther.

I need to learn German...

Sep 14, 2009
eh idk, i'm somewhat of a picky eater, i hate all seafood and basically all asian/Mediterranean food, so that limits down places quite quickly for me.

i don't mind it here too much, i know alot of nice people and i really like the city im in now as is, if i were to go anywhere it would probably be canada, it's cold up there (i sleep with 3 fans on me constantly, i'm always hot as hell, in the winter i usually wear shorts 80% of the time) and its similar enough to the U.S. that i could get around just fine probably. Plus i think hockey is fun to watch so that past time is already down pat in my book.

so yeah, probably canada, they seem nice enough, outside of that one team i played that one time...douchebagss

pubbing

Dec 16, 2010
Sometimes i think i would move to a different country but to be honest I have no idea where i would go. I live in the US and there really isn't anywhere I could move to where i wouldn't be giving up some of the freedoms that I have being a US citizen.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Purely because I'm sick of the USA (and for no single reason), I'd like to go somewhere else. Can't pinpoint where though.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
Svenparty said:
I'd love to move and travel the world. I find it shocking that some people haven't even been in an airplane.
Well in all fairness most people can't afford an airplane ride.

And yeah, I'm probably jumping ship from the States at some point in time. I don't really know were but if things keep progressing the way they are it's probably going to be somewhere more Asiany...

I wouldn't mind living in England but when I went through customs I got the vague idea that they (the customs people/government not the people themselves) didn't want me there. Makes sense though.

Haha but who knows what the future holds. I'll figure this out later.

Move127

Jul 29, 2011
I'm living in China for the year, but I'm not sure if I would choose to live in another country for more than that. Maybe a country more like America, but China is just so much different than America that I don't know if I could adjust to the culture shock and stay here longer.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
crepesack said:
If there were no financial/language barriers to your moving to another country would you?

My girlfriend and I have pretty much decided on getting the hell out of the US as soon as college is done with...where we'll go? Probably Japan or Canada...
You'll never get into Japan. It just won't happen unless you marry a Japanese, so give that one up.

I moved to Australia a few years ago. Didn't really care to at the time, but I am married to an Australian woman and that's just kind of how it went...

To be perfectly honest, I'm glad I did. The Australian economy is super hot right now and the US economy is in the crapper. I've already bought 2 rental properties back in the US with my snazzy Australian dollars and I'm looking for a third.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Jake Martinez said:
crepesack said:
If there were no financial/language barriers to your moving to another country would you?

My girlfriend and I have pretty much decided on getting the hell out of the US as soon as college is done with...where we'll go? Probably Japan or Canada...
You'll never get into Japan. It just won't happen unless you marry a Japanese, so give that one up.

I moved to Australia a few years ago. Didn't really care to at the time, but I am married to an Australian woman and that's just kind of how it went...

To be perfectly honest, I'm glad I did. The Australian economy is super hot right now and the US economy is in the crapper. I've already bought 2 rental properties back in the US with my snazzy Australian dollars and I'm looking for a third.
Not when you've both got PHDs. Oh and I'm prepared for a long wait for naturalization and on top of that I've got family there.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Live in the UK but want to get away.

I've been thinking of maybe taking my wife and kids to Spain.

Seen a few nice places there to move to.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Yes. I'd go to either England, Australia, or Canada, so I don't have to worry about a language barrier.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
I love to go live in Sweden. I never had any real loyalty to the USA just not a my country Tis a V kind of guy

cridia

Aug 2, 2009
I wouldn't; I will :B

Next month I am out of this place, for at least 3 years!

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
I am from the Uk. When my arab friends say that the uk looks dangerous because of riots and civil instability you know its bad.

Combined with the way english people are disagreeable, aggressive, institutionally lazy.
Not only that but the Economy is shot, The government is bankrupt and a joke. the nation is a feeble facsmile of what is was and thinks it is.

As soon as I get my degree I am leaving and the country can sink into the sea

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
I would like to leave the UK and live in another country for a couple years, maybe not forever however.

as for where, New Zealand is a great country, would love to live there, Aus is probably pretty good as well.

Japan seems like a descent idea, i like the idea of taking in a radically different culture to my own.

Also, korea, with all the new developments being created, like that huge sea wall and the totally self sustaining environmentally friendly city 5 times the size of manhatten being built, i recon a visit there would be very inspiring.

krseyffert

Jan 6, 2010
I live in South Africa, and I like my country and all, and even though it is technically a democracy, the politics are still plagued by racial divides. While this shouldn't really be a problem, people are voting according to the colour of their skin(mostly, please don't flame me for this), and not by what's best for the country. it would be nice to move somewhere where the government isn't completely useless. :p