Would you buy a Warhammer 40k FPS-MMORPG?

Rawr88

Nov 18, 2009
Would you buy a Warhammer 40k FPS-MMORPG?
And which gaming company would you want to develop it?

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
I would love to play an FPS-MMORPG. Aslong as it's done right.

And I have no idea what company..

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
Ammm... mates?
Seems like the news never passed and blesses these shores. One such kind of games is allready developed by the guys at Vigil Games, the company behind darksiders:wrath of war... licensed by THQ, blah, blah, blah..... google it

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Aren't they making one? I heard there was actually one getting made.
I wouldn't pay for one, because I wouldn't pay for an MMO. If it was free I'd be all over it.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
If it could be done correctly, then I would happily buy it.
I'm just not into paying a subscription.
Except that bloody XBL...

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
ThePirateMan said:
I would love to play an FPS-MMORPG. Aslong as it's done right.

And I have no idea what company..
Sorry, but all FPS MMORPGs are doomed to die. I don't know of one that HASN'T had it's servers shut off, and I know a *LOT* of mmos.

blackshark121

Jan 4, 2009
How the hell would you play Tyranids as a shooter? Their entire battle plan: Run up, die, hope they guy behind you gets closer to them.

The Fork of Truth

Aug 10, 2009
blackshark121 said:
How the hell would you play Tyranids as a shooter? Their entire battle plan: Run up, die, hope they guy behind you gets closer to them.
What about playing a Lictor, or a Zoanthrope? There's a rogue-ish DPS class and a support class right there. Dear God, I'm a nerd.

P.S. Is it just me, or has there been alot of discussion on this matter lately?

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Depending on how well it's made, I might buy it. I will, however, definitely give it a shot.

Xylis

Nov 19, 2009
An FPS? Fuck yes. An FPS-MMORPG? Hell no. In the world of Warhammer 40k, there is no chopping down trees for 50 dollars so you can buy a new power armour suit. Its standard issue, or nothing, unless you're an officer. In which case all the civvies would do all the menial jobs like collecting food, chopping down trees, mining for tin, etc etc.

And what other skills would you need apart from, LOOK HERE, SHOOT THIS? IT. WOULD. NOT. WORK.

cyber_andyy

Dec 31, 2008
Xylis said:
An FPS? Fuck yes. An FPS-MMORPG? Hell no. In the world of Warhammer 40k, there is no chopping down trees for 50 dollars so you can buy a new power armour suit. Its standard issue, or nothing, unless you're an officer. In which case all the civvies would do all the menial jobs like collecting food, chopping down trees, mining for tin, etc etc.

And what other skills would you need apart from, LOOK HERE, SHOOT THIS? IT. WOULD. NOT. WORK.
This ^

However a 40K FPS would be so good.