Would you buy MRE's?

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
I was in the National Guard for 6 years so I've had my share of MREs. Most of them really aren't that bad.

The Chili Mac and Ravioli ones are actually pretty damn good. Those are as good, if not better, than any of the similar canned stuff at the grocery store. Other ones like the Thai Chicken are shockingly awful.

The thing is, they listen to people. When everyone hates a specific one, they stop making it and replace it with something else that's hopefully better. I haven't seen a Thai Chicken one in quite a while.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I buy them (or something that sounds vaguely similar anyway) whenever I go camping. Generally better than what everyone else brings which are normally assorted noodle dishes; some of them super, some of them pots.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
I usually keep a few knocking around, (get given them from people in the army) and take 'em when I go kayaking etc, in case ze poop hits the fan, as they're fairly compact.

Have tried a couple, and I wouldn't eat them by choice, but then again, they aren't exactly inedible.