Would you date a girl/guy that didn't like video games?

crunchieman

Nov 17, 2009
I sure would. Because if they're not going to break up with me for liking video games then I would be in the wrong.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
If they didn't like them, then I wouldn't mind, If they didn't like ME playing games, then they'd have to deal with it.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I wouldn't mind if she didn't like them, but I would mind if she hated them.

If she doesn't like them at least I can try to get her interested, because lack of liking could mean she just hasn't looked into it.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
I have, but it's a seriously competitive advantage among the women I'm interested in to actually enjoy video games and have an interest in them.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
I can hardly have a good conversation wih `normal` people, let alone wanting to be with one for my entire life.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Yes, yes I would.

Although that's still dependant upon a wide variety of other factors, such as: She's not a *****, right?

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Depends on how strongly he feels about videogames as they play a rather big role in my current side job and have been in my life for more than 20 years.

'Not my thing, but you go have fun' is fine, 'Your videogames need to be burned!' isn't. As the latter statement shows a definite lack of empathy I doubt I'd be dating someone like this in the first place.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
that is more the rule than the exception for me but usually she has some trait that i dislike so we are even. On the other hand my last girlfriend was very insulted when i beat her whole family at their Wii-sports tournament without having played the game before and sitting in a comfy chair.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I would, but they'd have to understand and respect my hobby and passion, just like I would their hobbies.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I already am.
She's very understanding, and puts in the effort to engage me in my hobby, but has no interest in them by herself.

Of course, even if she hated games, and didn't let me play them around her- I still wouldn't end it unless something huge happened.

krychek57

Some Random Dude
Apr 13, 2010
My wife, is not a gamer nor cares to be. She would rather read.
To each their own I saw, I get my time and she gets hers. Win, win.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
No, Video games are the lifeblood of all that exists and even if I find someone who is perfect for me in every other conceivable way if they don't share each and every of my interests with at least as much fervor and enthusiasm as me then they aren't worth shit.

/sarcasm

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Cherry Cola said:
I already am.

But what kind of person would re-evaluate their relationship based on that anyway? It's just videogames.
It's a very valid question to ask.
A more general version of that question would be "Would you date someone who don't like what you like?"
Or even, someone who's actively negative about your interests?
It matters.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Well... It depends. If it's just disinterest and she doesn't particularly like or dislike them, I guess I could deal with it. I'd rather spend my time with someone who shares my hobby, though.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I wouldn't mind in all honesty. I think it's a bit silly to break up with someone who doesn't share your love of something and vice versa.

Valok

Nov 17, 2010
No problem's.

As long as the fact that I play video games doesn't result in a disaproval from her part...