Would you date a girl/guy that didn't like video games?

Dark Sup3rn0va

Jul 14, 2009
I already am. It wasn't something I was looking for. I kinda prefer that she dosen't really like video games because an important part of a relationship is to have different interests and be able to spend some time apart doing what they like.

Mar 9, 2010
That's a dumb question if you ask me. It would be like finishing someone because they prefer brown bread to white bread. If you like the girl then you shouldn't give a shit if she doesn't like what you like, there should be other ways you can connect. If she told me to stop playing them though, that would be when I finish it.

deckai

Oct 26, 2009
The question is not, if she like videogames or not... the question is, how would she deal with it that I like them. But that's always the case in relationships, you will never meet someone that has the same hobbies as you (and vice versa).

But to answer the question, Yes as long as we have enough other similarities/hobbies we could enjoy together.

TheMan2203

Sep 14, 2010
YEs but you keep your secret, relationship slaying shame a secret :) yknow because all good relationships are based on hiding things from each other.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Already have several times in the past. None had any problem whatsoever with it either.

Lybs

Nov 8, 2010
I use mostly videogames to pass time when I'm bored, I would have a bigger problem if the girl I'm dating where not into the same music I am or where a music snob that bashed at other genres as "inferior"

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Sure, if he let me play my games in peace.

Although I have yet to meet a guy who doesn't play any videogames at all.

espressojet

Feb 22, 2011
Done and done

... nothing else to see here... she's never even played one... though, i prefer her to the gamer girl i dated

Edit: Also i would like to make note of the difference between not liking and disliking something

yanals7

Jun 5, 2009
Me and my boyfriend both play call of duty: black ops and halo reach/ODST on a regular basis.

P.S. I'm not a girl

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Depends. If they hated video games and hated me playing them, id try and comprimise.
But why would they complain? they cant see my video games from the kitchen!

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Gaming is not a important part of my life, I just do it cos' I don't have anything better to do.

I think that pretty much answered your question, aye?

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
yes... Why you ask? Well if I date a Girl that dose not like video games what affect will that have on me gaming... little to none. I don't think its important if my girlfriend like games or not.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Cherry Cola said:
I already am.

But what kind of person would re-evaluate their relationship based on that anyway? It's just videogames.
Then I have an added question for you. Would you date a girl that hated EoDM?

OT: As long as she wouldn't ***** to me about playing them then I see no reason why not to.

emion

Feb 3, 2011
of course O.- but she would have anything to do with what I decide to use my spear time at

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Sure, there is always time to yourself when in a relationship...I would use that time to play video games. I have a lot of nerdy hobbies (gaming, D&D, and MTG)..I expect most of them to transpire without a girlfriend in the picture.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
i wont mind if i like her and ill try to get her a bit into gaming if it works great if it doesnt i will find something else to talk to her about...

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I think the real question is: "Would a girl/guy date someone who liked video games?"

While admittedly dating someone who didn't like video games would be awkward at the best of times, it would still work.

It's really up to the person dating the gamer though. Would they, if they don't like video games, be willing to put up with the almost giddy, boyish nature with which the gamer describes the up and coming games. I know I'm like that with my mother. She frankly doesn't care, though I still have the distinct urge to tell her about them anyway. Thankfully, she's polite enough to let me ramble on anyway while pretending to be interested.