Would You Kindly Check Out This Amazing BioShock Case Mod?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Would You Kindly Check Out This Amazing BioShock Case Mod?

This stunning BioShock PC case mod will blow your mind faster than a Bouncer drill to the ear.

Call it hyperbole if you will, but this may very well be the greatest PC case mod I've ever seen. Based on the design of an antique radio, this Fontaine Futuristics bad boy sports plenty of imagery from the undersea city of Rapture, lighted bars at the top and a glowing "tuner" front and center, and an attention to detail that is absolutely incredible. The power and reset buttons have been replaced by old-fashioned rotary and toggle switches, and get a load of the artwork on the power meter mounted on the front of the case. That's some seriously good work.
[gallery=495]
The case was created by Hungarian fan Mórocz Gergő, who began kicking the idea around all the way back in 2006 when he was inspired by the look of the original, as-yet-unreleased BioShock [http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-pc/dp/B000MK694E/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1317228246&sr=8-5]. The body is constructed out of aluminum, plexiglass and wood, while the eye-grabbing front piece is made up of a cog, the bottom of a coffee maker, parts of a kerosene lamp and a flashlight bulb. Gergő said he's been working on the case on and off for years and is still refining it.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I wish I had this kind of talent, or enough money to hire people with this kind of talent to serve as my underlings. I've seen a lot of sexy cases over the years but very few have given me the "DO WANT" itch like this one. I do indeed want very much.

Source: Google translated [http://bioshock.web4.hu/cikk/hihetetlen-bioshock-szamitogep-mod-magyarorszagrol]]

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
That's really well done! I wish I didn't have a fear of accidentally destroying my motherboard/internal components, otherwise I would try and come up with a cool looking case like that.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
As someone who has the hots for anything Art Deco...

You have no idea how much I want that case.

Andaxay

Thinking with Portals
Jun 4, 2008
Good god, that's beautiful. I admire the guy's talent and patience in getting it to look so great.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Willing to bet it'll be scrapped a few months later for one capable of accommodating a larger graphics card or something.

nevwyn

Oct 29, 2009
Th37thTrump3t said:
Can it play Crysis?
Nothing can play Crysis!

That is beautiful, I agree with the wants. That said I think if I had the skill to do that I'd have put a wood grain finish on it, but then I haven't been to Rapture so I dunno if wood is used there.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i want!!!...i got a pretty computer an all, but its not as super gangster yo g as this one....well... its more gangster. but its not as awesome.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
You know between this and that lovely Russian cosplayer Eastern Europe seems to have no shortage of love for Bioshock.

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
...Oh my...the art deco and the detail and just everything about it. If only...