Would you like to see iPhone and tablet games improve to console standards?

emilionator

Jun 12, 2011
Would you like to see this happen so anybody can play high end AAA quality games on their phones or tablets?

PS: I think extra credits already talked about this?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I doubt that i would wanna kill my phone battery while i'm away from home, and i would rather play on my PC when i'm back. Plus that would mean a major spike in an already overpriced product.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well obviously we want all platforms of any kind to have top notch games, but there are two major problems here:
- hardware, you just cannot stuff a tablet/smartphone with the top tech, unless we grow hulk arms that can carry all that shit

- ergonomics, a mobile device needs to be very compact so the controls get cramped and mostly shit, and you haveto try to hold the screen in a comfortable viewable position for several hours, making high end games a pain in the butt

Cloud gaming could some day bridge the hardware gap and we will be able to put our games on any device, but until then mobile platforms really lend themselves better to simpler games.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Yes, I would. I do think it will replace both consoles and "gaming PCs" one day, especially when streaming and digital distribution become the norm.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
That would be really nice. However, I honestly do not feel like touch screens lend themselves to a precise enough degree of control which console gaming would require. It works just fine for Angry Birds, but every other game I have played that was not originally conceived for the iPhone/iPad plays a thousand times better on a console.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
i mean the ipod and iphone games are already better designed and function more effectively than the so called "elite" console and pc games (yahtzee did a story on this i think, or has at least mentioned it), so i don't get what your point is