Would you throw yourself on a grenade?

Tyrannowalefish_Rex

May 30, 2009
Yaptidoodledoo.
Actually I don't know, who would have thought. My reasoning for yes would be "ah crap now there's this grenade and some guy has to throw himself on it". My reasoning for no would be "damn why now a grenade of all times, I'll miss those guys".
I don't know, and I doubt there can be much reasoning in such a moment.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Jump out of the window. I don't know these people, how do I know their worth saving?

Kittenmauler

Aug 19, 2009
Since they're strangers, I would most certainly do the thing that gives me the best chance of survival, ie the window. If they were friends I would dive on it.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I'd choose the window. I could not bring myself to care enough to sacrifice life itself for people I don't even know.

Tyrannowalefish_Rex

May 30, 2009
It's probably a "would you give a bum change" kind of question. Everyone could drop a little change, and many think it would be good, but most don't bother to stop for it.

May 22, 2009
Omg. EVERYONE IS SUICIDAL!Jumping results in face plant, neck snap, and a video on youtube of "the guy who jumped out a window to avoid a non-active grenade." All he said was some one dropped, never mentioned if it was an active. If it were active though, I WOULD WALK OUT THE GODDAMN DOOR!

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
What if everyone dives for the grenade and we all collide and miss the grenade and then everyone blows up? Where's your God now?

But I'd probably jump out the window if they were complete strangers, but jump on it if they were people I cared about.

EnzoHonda

Mar 5, 2008
Baconmonster723 said:
As the man from Jurassic Park says before the Velociraptor ambushes him. "Clever Girl..."
Thanks for that quote. It's one of the best-delivered lines in cinema history, and needs more acknowledgment.

Anyway, Strangers? Like four random adults that you see on a bus? Instant window.

A kid among the strangers? Throw myself on the grenade.

A cute Asian girl among the strangers? Throw the kid on the grenade.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Pessimistic answer: I would most likely just freeze, put on a stupid face as I try to figure out what just happened and then realize it way too late to do anything about it.

If I have good enough reflexes to realize that I'm in mortal danger and that I have to react to the threat: Either throw out the grenade or throw myself through the window.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
well i don't know how high the window is so i'd grab the fattest guy (or hottest female) and use them to break my fall.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Window, here I come! Sorry, I value my own life too much. I know that my life means as much as anyone else's, but it's my choice.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Well considering Mithbusters proved that jumping on a grenade does didily squat I would jump.

Bobbovski said:
Pessimistic answer: I would most likely just freeze, put on a stupid face as I try to figure out what just happened and then realize it way too late to do anything about it.
Have you seen Snatch recently?

Trikeen

Feb 17, 2009
There are certain people in this world who i would sacrifice my life for, a stranger is not one of them

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
The window.

I was simply lucky enough to get out of the "Which of the five people would jump onto the grenade" and turn it to "Which of the four people should jump on the grenade." Those four got screwed and have to make the crucial inner choice, not me.

Though of course things would change if it was friends or family.