Would you watch a law series that focused on Matthew Murdock and Jennifer Walters set in the MCU?

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
So far the MCU seems to have branched out to try and reach different genre, from action comedies, to space fantasy, to fugitive stories and war dramas, with the next product in line being a sci-fi space adventure, but with Daredevil set to take the stage in a half series and mini-series on Netflix next year and She-Hulk being a fan favourite for eventual entry into the universe, the idea of having a single season or half season show featuring the two of them doing their day jobs, either with or against each other, doesn't seem that far fetched. Sirtenly not as much of a stretch as some of the things people have proposed (and arguably some things they have already made).

So basically my question is this, would you watch this "Law and Order: MCU" of sorts if it where made?

Given my profile picture, I don't think I need to answer that question.
 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
14,173
1,196
118
No, that sounds really really really really *breath* really really boring.

There are a thousand law shows (and a handful of them are actually good). For the most part, super hero movies 2nd movie are always better for they don't spend the first 45 minutes showing the hero doing their boring day job stuff to show their transformation from Average Joe to Superman. Having a TV Show (or movie) that's JUST about their boring day job does not sound like a fun time to me.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
tippy2k2 said:
I don't know, it's only as boring as they make it, and knowing Marvel it would be heavier on the comedy then the shows which aren't straight up comedies themselves. After all, they made this gem (which yes, is where I got the idea):

 

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
14,173
1,196
118
Zontar said:
I don't know, it's only as boring as they make it, and knowing Marvel it would be heavier on the comedy then the shows which aren't straight up comedies themselves. After all, they made this gem (which yes, is where I got the idea):
sniped video
See, I thought you wanted a pure court thing (since your example was L&O). If they do something different with it (ESPECIALLY if they do what that video showed), I would watch the hell out of it (or at least I'd give it a chance; that worked as a short but I don't know how well it would work as a full series).

Although you might get half your wish and we'll see how well this kind of thing works with "Gotham". That'll be a good barometer to see what else besides action they could pull off (yeah, DC versus Marvel but I think it still works as a test).
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
17,361
1,552
118
If they made it a drama I wouldn't be able to suspend my disbelief at the concept of the "superhero lawyer", if they made it a comedy it couldn't possibly be any funnier than Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law. So this doesn't have my sword, bow nor my axe.
 

Little Woodsman

New member
Nov 11, 2012
1,057
0
0
I would watch the heck out of that! There was an issue of She Hulk that showed her 'normal day' many years ago and it was absolutely hilarious!
 

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
10,400
0
0
Little Woodsman said:
I would watch the heck out of that! There was an issue of She Hulk that showed her 'normal day' many years ago and it was absolutely hilarious!
You mean the one where she keeps having to leave the court to go fight Titania, right?

Anyway, I'd watch the Hell out of this show.
 

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
498
0
0
I'd be fine with it if they took a comedy route similar to the Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law series. Trying to do something live action in the MCU sounds really awful though.
 

Launcelot111

New member
Jan 19, 2012
1,254
0
0
I read six issues of She-Hulk doing superhero law, and the strength of those six issues puts her near the top of my favorite superheroes list for all time. I would watch the hell out of this theoretical show.

 

Little Woodsman

New member
Nov 11, 2012
1,057
0
0
Queen Michael said:
Little Woodsman said:
I would watch the heck out of that! There was an issue of She Hulk that showed her 'normal day' many years ago and it was absolutely hilarious!
You mean the one where she keeps having to leave the court to go fight Titania, right?

Anyway, I'd watch the Hell out of this show.
That doesn't seem quite right... but it was 20 or so years ago, during John Byrne's run with the character. The parts of the story that stand out in my memory are Jen early in the issue talking about how punching villains is all well and good but that her real satisfaction came from seeing justice done in court. After the fight (right in the courtroom IIRC) she says something like "Actually, punching them has a *lot* of satisfaction.". Then when she returns home her boyfriend opens the door for her to see her looking shell shocked and she says "I need a hug! And... and.... some ice cream."..... (Now that panel is seared in to my mind!)

During that period her villains were all (intentionally) goofy and disposable... Titania seems almost too serious for it.

I could dig through my collection to find the issue but it would be really time consuming, and I tend to get side-tracked whenever I pull out all those old comics...

The idea of a series that actually focuses on the absurdities inherent in a world where metahumans routinely battle it out physically and then the victors turn their opponents over to the legal system is brilliant. Though I do wonder how long such a series could be continued.
 

wrightguy0

New member
Dec 8, 2010
296
0
0
Superhero Law and Order, where the first half of the episode in question revolves around the main characters going out to stop the bad guys, and then the second half involves prosecuting them in court, could make for some cool TV. maybe open with a bunch of Former S.H.E.I.L.D. agents getting saved by Murdoc's defense, which brings him into conflict with walters because she thinks the former agency is responsible for the disappearance of her cousin, Bruce Banner. and go from there with the two characters growing into an effective superhuman legal team.
 

mecegirl

New member
May 19, 2013
737
0
0
I would love a show like this. It has the potential to be both hilarious and suspenseful.
 

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
5,265
0
0
I'd watch the hell out of a show like that. I never really paid attention to She-Hulk before, but the new comic series where she does lawyer stuff has been absolutely fantastic. One of my favourite comics I'm reading ATM.

So yeah, I'd watch that. Plus it'd be cool to learn some more about Daredevil.
 

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
10,400
0
0
Little Woodsman said:
Queen Michael said:
Little Woodsman said:
I would watch the heck out of that! There was an issue of She Hulk that showed her 'normal day' many years ago and it was absolutely hilarious!
You mean the one where she keeps having to leave the court to go fight Titania, right?

Anyway, I'd watch the Hell out of this show.
That doesn't seem quite right... but it was 20 or so years ago, during John Byrne's run with the character. The parts of the story that stand out in my memory are Jen early in the issue talking about how punching villains is all well and good but that her real satisfaction came from seeing justice done in court. After the fight (right in the courtroom IIRC) she says something like "Actually, punching them has a *lot* of satisfaction.". Then when she returns home her boyfriend opens the door for her to see her looking shell shocked and she says "I need a hug! And... and.... some ice cream."..... (Now that panel is seared in to my mind!)

During that period her villains were all (intentionally) goofy and disposable... Titania seems almost too serious for it.

I could dig through my collection to find the issue but it would be really time consuming, and I tend to get side-tracked whenever I pull out all those old comics...

The idea of a series that actually focuses on the absurdities inherent in a world where metahumans routinely battle it out physically and then the victors turn their opponents over to the legal system is brilliant. Though I do wonder how long such a series could be continued.
Doesn't sound liek the comic I meant. Her boyfriend didn't feature in that one, and the battle didn't take place inside the courtroom.