WoW - A question.

Twistur

Apr 16, 2009
It's not really quest after quest anymore since they started giving away xp in PvP Battlegrounds. You could level a character to 80, just by playing battlegrounds (though I wouldn't recommend that, you'll miss out on a lot of money, gear and personal experience).
The new dungeon system lowered the 'quest-after-quest' factor a bit too, because you can easily do a few dungeons between your quests.

Damn, typing this almost convinces me to play WoW again :p

Nah..

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
It is quest after quest but they all serve purposes and have average to great storylines behind them. Here is a tip. Join the horde and create a mage character who specializes in arcane magic. It will be hard at first but when you get into PvP, you will dominate the competition.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
It gets better until you're a raid leader in a game that is progressively getting easier and easier and it becomes a 2nd job that you have to pay for.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
It get's better and worse for me. The higher level you are the more things you can do and of course it's easier to join clans as well, but this takes awhile and some quests you have to do to get certain skills and they can be pretty tedious sometimes. Yes it is quest after quest but some quests are fun/interesting and some are just thrown in there so you got something to do I guess.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
It is quest after quest to an extent. However, the quests get a little better. Also, you can make the game more interesting by mixing it up. Do a few quests, then go on a lower level raid. Few quests, then try some PVP. Few quests, then mess around in an open PVP area. Personally, I got board fastest at higher levels: At lower levels, your regularly entering new area, exploring new things, and opening up new skills. At the highest levels, instead of working towards that mysterious new raid, you're grinding the same instances 300 times in order to get something with a .003% drop rate, and instead of exploring newly acquired skills and strategies, you're looking for the one item that will give you an extra point of intellect or something. But anyways, you can enjoy the game more, and mitigate the grind, by mixing it up, and sampling a bunch of different things. It may be a slightly less optimal strategy, but its a hell of a lot more fun.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
It all depends, I was the first of my friends to join up with WOW and as such my first playthrough was somewhat dull BUT on the second play through with 2 of my friends around the same level as me it was A: faster and B: more enjoyable because I always had someone by my side and it made the game much more imersive IMO

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
AdambotLive said:
Okay, so i tried out the trial for World of Warcraft, and i liked it considerably. I bought my 60-day subscription in town today, and i am going to play tommorow. But one thing astounds me.

Does the game get funner, or is it quest after quest? Please explain your reasonings.

quest after quest until level 58, then the quests get a lot more fun as you go from beating up diseases bears and ghouls to killing 20ft. tall demons. Then you can raid once your level 80. You can also start doing dungeons around level 12-17.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
Yeah but, find a good guild. The drama of the actual people is far more entertaining than the game itself. Remember that people place their lives into games like this sometimes.

Jimbo1212

Aug 13, 2009
AdambotLive said:
Okay, so i tried out the trial for World of Warcraft, and i liked it considerably. I bought my 60-day subscription in town today, and i am going to play tommorow. But one thing astounds me.

Does the game get funner, or is it quest after quest? Please explain your reasonings.

Ah, well firslty IGNORE EVERYONE who says the game starts at lvl 80 etc.
After playing the game for a year, il give you a break down of how it goes.

Levels 1 - 60 : Lots of bad solo questing. This is due to the early part of the game being the oldest and least fun content. The dungeons and raids are also dire and probably best avoided.

Level 60-70 : Quite fun. At this stage you'll be in Outland ( First expansion) and the questing is far more fun and you will find more players around to do dungeons or quests with.
However expect no raids at this stage.

Level 70-80 : Very similar to 70-80, however there will be more people, and the dungeons are better as this is the second expansion.

Level 80 - End Game : So you finally reach 80, now what? Well this is when everyone begins equipping better items as this makes a huge difference. However this is easily done via dungeons and raids. However the dungeons are the same ones as from 70 - 80, but the levels of the monsters are increased so it is still a 'challenge' ( with half good gear you can go through it blind folded).
You can also start to raid, HOWEVER you really need to be in a guild for this, otherwise you will probably not see most of the raiding content.

This will probably take you a year, but you will soon find after you have done all the raids a few times, you will either quit because the game becomes boring and repetitive, or you will go back to it out of habit.

PS you also have the option of pvp after lvl 10, however Blizzard keep changing it so much that it is very broken and most people do not enjoy it.

Wanocorc

Jul 20, 2009
WoW is a amazingly fun game, a world in which i enjoyed just randomly exploring every inch and corner, finding friends and going through dungeons which them is great, i always enjoyed starting a new character and leveling along side a friend. With all that said, WoW is a giant time sucker, while extremely fun you'll find yourself spending copious amounts of time playing and sometimes you'll just log on to be there, with no idea why or what you'll do, you just have to be on. While i greatly enjoyed my time in azeroth, i say save yourself and stop playing before you become too addicted.

AdambotLive

Jul 19, 2009
Bump.

WoW is taking too bloody long to install, especially when my internet randomly disconnects. Oh well, i've got to the 3.2.0 patch now :)

May 28, 2009
Hubilub said:
Oh, the questing is the funnest part of World of Warcraft.
Wey! I see you're spreading it around.

OT: I did play it at a friend's place, and it seemed certainly more interesting when he loaded his significantly less vanilla character up.

However, I still don't think I'd be able to commit so much time to it. I need my fun to keep on flowin', but it needs an end to it or I will become apathetic of the constant goings-on, and it becomes like real life, which is exactly what I wish to get away from.

Last time I played a Web Browser MMO, I got very much into it, but it involved setting up organisations, and I was constantly in charge or in an important position in them, and it became too much like an actual job, with no pay, than fun, so I left.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
AdambotLive said:

If you liked 1-20 "considerably", you'll undoubtedly find it improves considerably more for you.

So basically, yes, it does get much more fun (Max level is the most fun, imo). But enjoy the ride and don't get addicted. ;S

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
The 60-70 content is more fun than the 1-60 content. The 70-80 content is better than the 1-60 content. The 'End Game' content will depend on how willing you are to play by a guild or arena team's schedule.

I guess combat also improves as you level since you get more abilities and whatnot to play with.

Cucumber

Dec 9, 2008
TB_Infidel said:
PS you also have the option of pvp after lvl 10, however Blizzard keep changing it so much that it is very broken and most people do not enjoy it.
Whoa, what? I'd like to see your source on that statement!
I disagree, and I don't think I'm the only one to do so. And I'm one of the people that doesn't like PvP!

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well, by level 10 the Talent tree opens up, allowing for players to become a tad diffrent then other players of their same class.

Dungeons become a big way to gain armor and weapons and PVP is always fun in moderation.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
I loved the level 1-30 but after that I tend to get bored and move on to another character. I've got at least one character of each class and race but only 2 above level 40 (they were gained through triple experience) :p
At the moment Im not playing wow but when cataclism is reeased...we'll see.