Wow, Assassin's Creed Oddysey looks pretty good.

captainsavvy

New member
Jan 5, 2009
56
0
0
Adam Jensen said:
Ship battles are back though. That's good, right?

In all honesty, I'm kind of looking forward to Odyssey.
Bioware seem to no longer want to scratch my single player RPG itch, and if AC wants to take over then I'm more than happy for it to.
 

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
391
0
0
WolvDragon said:
undeadsuitor said:
WolvDragon said:
There's a minotaur in this game! There are no Minotaurs in ancient Greece Ubisoft! You're suppose to keep this video game historically accurate! How dare you!! (Sarcasm)

Another Assassin's Creed game, though luckily it builds upon Origins which is my favorite title in the series. I can't wait to try it out.
Can we fuck the minotaur?
I hope so!
I second this, hopefully the minotaur is Bi
 

Pseudonym

Regular Member
Legacy
Nov 4, 2020
802
8
13
Country
Nederland
I'm curious as to how they handle the greek Philosophers. They had Socrates as a kind of mentor figure, it seems. I hope he gets to do some Socrates things, like going into lenghty discussions about the nature of the love whilst hitting on the protagonist. (maybe increase the age of the people Socrates hits on though) Maybe they could also include Plato and Aristotle and, dare I hope, Diogenes.
 

Cette

Member
Legacy
Apr 19, 2020
177
0
1
Country
US
Hmmm this is literally the first Assasins Creed game to catch my interest in the history of the franchise.

Admittedly that's because it looks nothing like a game in its own franchise and seems to just be aping Witcher 3 as hard as possible but since Bioware has shit the bed on single player RPG's for the moment beggars can't be choosers.
 

B-Cell_v1legacy

New member
Feb 9, 2016
2,102
0
0
Its RPG now. thus combat will be worst with repetetive side quests and waste of time romance system.

It looks like worst AC game ever.
 

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
7,636
999
118
Country
Australia
Gender
Male
B-Cell said:
It looks like worst AC game ever.
I could swear you said that about another AC game in the past...
 

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2020
3,031
354
88
The previous game was also pretty good. But that one had the benefit of having skipped a year and having a new combat system, this one just looks like more Origins.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
stroopwafel said:
The previous game was also pretty good. But that one had the benefit of having skipped a year and having a new combat system, this one just looks like more Origins.
And thats a bad thing why?

And to be honest I rather play a Greek Hoplite wearing their armor than whatever you played as in Origins.
 

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2020
3,031
354
88
Samtemdo8 said:
stroopwafel said:
The previous game was also pretty good. But that one had the benefit of having skipped a year and having a new combat system, this one just looks like more Origins.
And thats a bad thing why?
Origins was fun but imo not fun enough to put another 30-something hours in, although now with different wallpaper. It's something they did with every AC game that preceded Origins and now Origins is the yearly template. There is absolutely zero variety or innovation in these games. Origins was atleast decent for shaking up the formula but now Ubi is back with it's usual habit of rehashing the same thing every year.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
stroopwafel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
stroopwafel said:
The previous game was also pretty good. But that one had the benefit of having skipped a year and having a new combat system, this one just looks like more Origins.
And thats a bad thing why?
Origins was fun but imo not fun enough to put another 30-something hours in, although now with different wallpaper. It's something they did with every AC game that preceded Origins and now Origins is the yearly template. There is absolutely zero variety or innovation in these games. Origins was atleast decent for shaking up the formula but now Ubi is back with it's usual habit of rehashing the same thing every year.
In my case I wish for more Assassins' Creed games before the invention of Gun Powder.
 

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
5,264
0
0
I want to like it, given my love of classic history, but...Yearly Game Series With Micro-Transactions.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 18, 2020
7,708
2,422
118
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gender
Male
Palindromemordnilap said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Silentpony said:
So let me get this straight, its called Odyssey, takes place in ancient Greece, there IS magic if that glowing sword is anything to go by, and you're still not playing as Odysseus himself?! Like the fuck is that shit?! Hell I would have settled for Jason and his Argonauts, but no! Going by that trailer is just looks like a Greek skin of Black Flag
If the protagonist were Odysseus wouldn't it limit the game to wandering away from civilization (ie. cities) for most of the game? Like as soon as you hit a town the "odyssey" is over. Hell, the fast travel system alone would ruin the thing.

Jason would be an easier fit but again, his whole thing is that he goes away on a quest, which doesn't mesh with AC's dealio of faffing about town. I'm sure you'll run into them or some other Greek hero along the way though.
I believe this is set sometime during the Peloponnesian War of 431-404 BC so we're a bit late for mythical heroes though there's still a fair few historical characters that can pop up (hoping for Thucydides, personally)
What I wonder is how this is supposed to connected to the series at all, given that the game is set about 350 years before Origins. Are they going to show us the group that becomes the Order of Ancients who become the Templars?
I'm wondering that too. I mean, when you make a game called "Origins" and set it in the Roman era, it seems weird to make another game set 500 years prior. So it's either proto-assassins or these are the origins of the Templars.

And I'm curious if they're gonna keep taking them back in time now. Is Assassins Creed: Sumeria next? Persia? Ancient China? I will admit I do like the fact they're exploring the ancient world now. It's given me some reason to actually be interested in the series.
 

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
2,636
118
68
Dalisclock said:
I'm wondering that too. I mean, when you make a game called "Origins" and set it in the Roman era, it seems weird to make another game set 500 years prior. So it's either proto-assassins or these are the origins of the Templars.

And I'm curious if they're gonna keep taking them back in time now. Is Assassins Creed: Sumeria next? Persia? Ancient China? I will admit I do like the fact they're exploring the ancient world now. It's given me some reason to actually be interested in the series.
Origins kind of officially creates the Assassin Brotherhood to counteract "The Order" (who presumably become the Templars later), but there's a few nods to the assassin's existing beforehand (the hidden blade already existed and was used before Bayek gets it for instance)