Wow... just... wow.

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/virginia-passes-law-banning-chip-implants-mark-beast/

This is why I wake up in the morning glad I don't live in the Southern United States. I am not a fan of microchips in humans, nanomachines in our brains and computers the size of a pin-point, but this just blows me away.

Thoughts?

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
...see this is why the rest of the world is making fun of the americans.

Coltelement

Jan 20, 2010
I personally think microchip-inserts aren't that bad of an idea. It would speed up the hospital process, and also help very much for people that are unable to respond.

I also think religion is a poor excuse in this situation.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
forbids companies from forcing their employees to be implanted with tracking devices,
So, it's not all religious bullshit. There's a good reason behind it, too.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
And this is why I occasionally lament that I live in the Southern United States.

If America was a cheesy fantasy map this area would be labeled: "Here There Be Crazy Religious Fundamentalists". It is the "Bible Belt" after all.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
OH DAMN we just barely dodged a bullet there. We Neo'd that shit.

I read the Left Behind series, so when I read this I pissed myself.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
*bangs head against table*

I can see privacy concerns, this just must be a way to get your average right-wing nut on board...

I hope it is...

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
The reason is a little odd... but at least the effect is decent (This is coming from a Christian by the way)

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
For fuck's sake, THOR would not agree with this. This is just stupid, bloody religious idiots meddling with the law and actually getting somewhere with it. I don't know who's more at fault, the people that wanted the law passed or the people that passed it.

[sub]Yes, I'm in a THOR mood tonight.[/sub]

Motiv_

Jun 2, 2009
Oddly enough, this passed right under most American's noses. I didn't even know it was legal in the first place.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
It's in the Bill of Rights. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

Not that the far right Christards who make up the Republicans care. Apparently we are a Christian country only, and all our heritage is Christian despite many of the Founding Father's deism and other beliefs. And if you think we shouldn't allow public schools and entities to endorse Christian prayer specifically, then you're a dirty fucking commie. Under God was always in the Constitution, ignore the fact that the phrase was added in. And we still have DADT for the military. And marriage is supposedly a religious institution only despite the fact that it's a government contract with benefits. And blue laws are okay. And evolution is fictional so we should all teach creationism in biology class. And.....
Well you get the idea.

Matthicus

Jul 24, 2008
If it were actually, "the end times," what good would banning this do? Stop the apocalypse? Psh. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if it's going to happen, laws and mandates are not going to be able to do very much in the way of stopping it.

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
FFfffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......
I live in Virginia. I hadn't heard of this yet, but ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....
I agree with the tracking devices part but, still...

Small Waves

Nov 14, 2009
It's a good idea, but the technology is still imperfect. They could have come up with a few rational arguments, instead of this "mark of the beast" bullshit.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Aw cmon guys

really?

Ur chipping ppl now over religious bullshit?

Honestly............

sh0tgunenclave

Jan 26, 2010
why would companies even force their employees to...(bear? yeah we'll go with that...) to bear those chips...i'm a youngster in this world,(and the escapist, too) but i know enough to conclude that any company who does that has a board of directors made of (to quote yahtzee) special "as in 'i'm sorry my son ate your shoe, he's a bit special'" people...who need to be locked up.