Wow... just... wow.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
They where right for the wrong reasons. Manditory implants are a bit too big brothery, but banned cause they are "a mark of the beast"? Thank god I'm in the midwest, and away from those bible beating freaks.

andrewbrownster2

Dec 30, 2009
I think that if it's making it illegal to FORCE employee's to have a chip implanted then great, but if it's across the board, and it's illegal for anybody to have a chip inserted (which I doubt} then we'll be laughing at them in the Minority Report like future...

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
mklnjbh said:
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/virginia-passes-law-banning-chip-implants-mark-beast/

This is why I wake up in the morning glad I don't live in the Southern United States. I am not a fan of microchips in humans, nanomachines in our brains and computers the size of a pin-point, but this just blows me away.

Thoughts?
We really need to stop letting religious "fanatics" (<--keyword) into the government. Religion is a great way to find guidance for your life, and is a source of many of our morals and codes of conduct, but unfortunately a lot of religious people can't tell the difference between faith and belief, where faith is finding the meaning within the story, rather than belief, where one blindly follows it to the letter.

This situation is unfortunately from the latter category. There a dozens of positive uses from using mini-chips, all holding ground in proven scientific processes, yet they ban it because they THINK that it is a mark of the Antichrist, without any real hard evidence other than a possibly warped interpretation of a passage in the Bible.

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
Well, I guess the banning employers to force employees to wear chips was right, even if the reason behind it is pretty difficult to swallow for many.

shinigamisparda

Nov 21, 2009
pfftt- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Oh man, it's like Christianity is TRYING to make themselves look like paranoid psychos! (I'm catholic, BTW, so don't even think about it)

In all seriousness though I'm one of those guys that fears and is adamantly against both the Terminator style future and the Ghost in the Shell style future. The first I'm against because of the possibility of A.I. having access to everything and risking the threat of it using it's power to wipe out humanity and the other where humans are essentially living computers that can transfer their brains to different bodies and even backup bodies (thus decreasing the value and appreciation of "life") and the terrifying thought of humans being HACKED.

That being said I am happy that these tracer chips are now being outlawed in certain states because, to me, this is a step towards preventing a GitS style future. My only complaint is that I just wish it was happening for a logical and sane reason. Well, I guess you take what you can get.

heyheysg

Jul 13, 2009
Sepiida said:
Hang on a second, let me break this down.

1) RFID chips may be the work of the antichrist.
2) The antchrist brings about the end times
3) The end times finish with Jesus returning and ushering in a golden age

Therefore, shouldn't religious fundamentalists be endorsing this technology? Shouldn't they be happy about it?

On a more serious note I am all for people having control of there own bodies and see nothing wrong with these chips in theory but it seems this law is aimed at stopping corporations from forcing their employees to get them. If that is the case I completely agree with the passing of this law, despite the rather moronic justification for it.
Same reason why people who believe in Heaven are not all crab fishermen/soldiers and people who believe in Hell have children.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Hey man, there is a new technology in development that will allow nanobots to constantly repair cell damage, allowing us to live vastly extended lives, as well as download information and resist almost all disease. If these people want to miss out on that, fine by me, i will be able to live through several generations of these nuts, it will be like sampling cheese "Oh, i don't know, i found the 2040-2090 genreation to be far funnier than the 2023-2039"
This is the 21st century, and if people are still worried about this crap, they are friggin nuts. I have spent many long hours contemplating religion and such, and i just can't find any logical reason to either A: believe in a god, or B: Sacrifice our future or our present development on the off chance that there is an all powerful being.
Now, i am also against people (other than criminals) being forcibly tagged. there is a lot of potential in this kind of technology, but if these religious wackos wanna miss out, then fine, just stop legislating your fear and leave the general public the fuck alone to deal with our own problems.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
Another reason why religions should be banned.
but that is the same problem religions have! They legislate fear, and they legislate opinion when they should be minding their own business. We rational people would be no better than them if we crammed the same load of bull down their throats that they have jammed down ours. If we did that, we would sink to their level.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
It worries me that religion has started to factor into law making. Pretty soon atheists like me are going to start getting crucified. Oh wait, I live in Canada, far, far away from these red necks.

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
there reasons are silly and border line insane, but there heart is in the rite place,

so in closing i say the end out ways the means in this case.

Vagabond_Samurai

Dec 22, 2009
Kurt Horsting said:
They where right for the wrong reasons. Manditory implants are a bit too big brothery, but banned cause they are "a mark of the beast"? Thank god I'm in the midwest, and away from those bible beating freaks.
This.

US Crash Fire

Apr 20, 2009
This is why I am no longer a christian. The things these people believe.
first its a Jewish zombie that wants your soul not your brain. Now its techno Satan chips that will bring about the end of the world. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of love thy neighbor, but other than that the rest of the bible is drivel.

Dec 16, 2009
Can we have better titles for threads?

I doubt this will last, technology is getting integrated into our lives so much, it'll be a matter of time until people without implants of some sort are regarded as unusual. (Im talking in a few decades time)

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
This shouldn't even need to be banned in the first place, religious nutjobs or no. It shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.