Wow... just... wow.

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
Haha! Look at the religious person, not wanting to implanted with a tracking chip by an employer who can then control his entire life, tell where he is, how much money he has, what he has spent his money on, and everything! Haha!

I am queuing up for my implant tomorrow, just to spite this religious person who doesn't even know or care that I exist, this proves my superiority. Ohh yes.

/sarcasm.

Some people here are so antireligious they actually go all the way around to the other side and become whack-jobs themselves.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
...Wow...
Well, at least they're against the chips being used to find people right?
O, wait, no, I support those for children to age 18 so we can find them if they get lost/kidnapped.
I have a feeling that this post is going to be torn apart...

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
That is full blown HILARIOUS. I think the phrase applicable here is "LOLWUT!?"

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Coltelement said:
I personally think microchip-inserts aren't that bad of an idea. It would speed up the hospital process, and also help very much for people that are unable to respond.

I also think religion is a poor excuse in this situation.
Religion is a poor excuse in practically every situation. A lot of people tend to abuse it.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I don't like he chips, but this is just bloody retarded. I mean, why aren't clothes the mark of the beast? or juwellery? or shoes?

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
inpachi said:
I have a letter my friend found a week ago or so that is perfectly relevant to this type of situation! get ready!!

*long letter*

And this is why following Biblical practices is archaic and an ass-backwards way to live.

HAHA this letter cracks me up every time i read it!
let people have their faith, man. this letter is a perfect exaxmple of how it should not be done, and there are people who believe this, but don't generalize. I do not believe in a God, but believing helps some people to keep their sanity. faith does more good than it does bad things. there always are exeptions, of course.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
There's a good reasoning for this, but its powered by religious fundementalists, therefore, any good point they had is now completely invalid.

They say its because they don't want to force employees to be emplanted with such a device, yet also claim it to be a sign of the apocalypse acording to the bible.

Hopefully, this won't go national or international. I thought there was a Supreme Court law prohibiting laws made for religious purposes.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
I don't even have it in me to yell at the atheist assholes in this thread.
I don't even have it in me to point out that the Christians are usually louder assholes than the atheists.

However, whether or not this has a bizarre 'religious' justification, this is one of the few times that I've seen a religiously inclined American politician NOT support the lessening of personal rights and freedoms.

Patriots acts' sweeping powers of detention, anyone?

Manbro

Oct 23, 2008
Not sure about the whole 'Mark of the Beast' thing. But I'm glad they banned it anyway. Those chips are just a massive invasion of privacy.

Splyth

Jan 30, 2009
Country
United States
woah guys calm down. first of all did any of you click the link to the washington post?

This is what the Washington Post reads: Del. Mark L. Cole (R-Fredericksburg), the bill's sponsor, said that privacy issues are the chief concern behind his attempt to criminalize the involuntary implantation of microchips. But he also said he shared concerns that the devices could someday be used as the "mark of the beast" described in the Book of Revelation.

Now before we go all crazy about God and Satan just step back and remember that people have been reading things into that since the pen first such parchment. I agree that privacy issues are a big deal and that involuntary microchipping probably isn't the best of ideas. As for my religious views... I'll keep those to myself

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
I dont want my work to know that when i decide to call in sick that im riding a roller coaster or something. Skynet also, anyone who agrees to the tracking device is not allowed in the resistance when the shit hits the fan.

Kushan101

Apr 28, 2009
inpachi said:
(Rather large snip)
That cracked me up, to quote Penn and Teller: "nothing will make you an atheist quicker than reading the bible"

OT: it kinda concerns me that companies want to implant their staff with tracking devices. Why does anywhere I go out of work have anything to do with the company I work for? Is it to stop people wandering where they shouldn't go while at work? thats seems a ridiculous and rather extreme way of stopping it.
I can understand it being banned, but the "mark of the beast" thing is plain barbaric. This is the 21st century isn't it? Anyone would think we're still in the dark ages...

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Splyth said:
woah guys calm down. first of all did any of you click the link to the washington post?
Don't bother. This place is like Pavlov's dream come true: mention religion in any way, shape, or form and you'll get the same ranting, bile dripping responses ignoring the heart of the matter (or in some cases, the matter entirely).

Every. Single. Time.

However, I am glad to see that some people actually READ the damn article.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
While I think their reasons are a bit off, the end result is one that I support.

Tibernite

Nov 17, 2009
I completely support the complete banning of all sub-dermal electronics, especially in the form of tracking / monetary chips. The fact that more people here don't seem to see the merits in this kind of ban is actually a little bit unnerving.

Nalesnik

Nov 10, 2008
sh0tgunenclave said:
why would companies even force their employees to...(bear? yeah we'll go with that...) to bear those chips...i'm a youngster in this world,(and the escapist, too) but i know enough to conclude that any company who does that has a board of directors made of (to quote yahtzee) special "as in 'i'm sorry my son ate your shoe, he's a bit special'" people...who need to be locked up.
It's for security reasons. Companies that have something to protect (ei. electronics, banks, business documents, sensitive information etc...) usually give their employees magnetic ID badges that gives them access to rooms where they are allowed access. But badges can get stolen, lost, and end up in the wrong hands. Implanted chips solves this problem.

Still that excuse is not enough to warrant such a huge invasion of privacy. If a company I was working for was forcing me to get chipped, I would quit faster that you can say; "screw that noise."

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
_Serendipity_ said:
This is making me... conflicted...

Banning employers being able to put a tracking chip in their employees is a great thing (because that is mad evil, right there), but the idea that the bill was passed for frankly rather insane religious reasons is worrying to say the least.
NO. NO IT WASN'T! Read the damn article for goodness sake. Read where they get all the "religious" tripe from. An offhand comment made by the delegate regarding some of the public's view on the practice, and. Get this. ridingthebeast.com. Does this not seem odd to you? The article posts a new law that was passed, intersperses it with quotes from a few random radical blogs, and bam: instant controversy. This is pure sensationalism.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
vivaldiscool said:
_Serendipity_ said:
This is making me... conflicted...

Banning employers being able to put a tracking chip in their employees is a great thing (because that is mad evil, right there), but the idea that the bill was passed for frankly rather insane religious reasons is worrying to say the least.
NO. NO IT WASN'T! Read the damn article for goodness sake. Read where they get all the "religious" tripe from. An offhand comment made by the delegate regarding some of the public's view on the practice, and. Get this. ridingthebeast.com. Does this not seem odd to you? The article posts a new law that was passed, intersperses it with quotes from a few random radical blogs, and bam: instant controversy. This is pure sensationalism.
THIS! I know it's hard, but read people.