Wow... just... wow.

Jewely2951

Aug 25, 2009
It says it stops companys from forcably implanting chips in people, if you ask me thats good. The "Mark of the beast" thing sounds like some D-bag online trying to make fun of southerners rather then their actual reason for no wanting a company demanding all their employees get chips.
There are probably like 8 people who are doing it to avoid the mark, the other hundred thousand think it's wrong on principal. It's a shame to see so many people buying the idea that that article is correct. Which makes more sense, they think it's wrong, they think it's a biblical sign.
Don't base you opinions on hollywood stereotypes.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
"Sigh"
That's all I can really say.
But as long as it keeps away microchips, I'm happy.

Umberphoenix

Jun 17, 2009
If it wasn't for that damned constitution, we would be able to track every single human in the States. And you know what? I don't have a problem with that. I think we should all have microchips in us that can be activated to track if someone gets lost or escapes from jail, and that have our medical information inside so you can just scan an arm and find out "Ohshi- This guy's allergic to Drugwegivetomosteveryone, better not give him any".

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
forbids companies from forcing their employees to be implanted with tracking devices,
So, it's not all religious bullshit. There's a good reason behind it, too.
While I agree, the main reason is sound, quoting a religious prophecy completely out of context helps no-one.
To the casual observer, it makes this legislation sound ridiculous.
To those within the state, it means yet more religion influencing governance.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
matthew_lane said:
Tdc2182 said:
I don't even have it in me to yell at the atheist assholes in this thread.
Is that like; i don't have it in me to yell at those damn scientists who believe in gravity... because i would be wrong and don't have a leg to stand on?

-M
No, More like it is surprising that this is law got passed, seeing how religion can't legally affect this particular law.

Have you ever met a christian who doesn't believe in gravity? You are the reason why I don't like atheists. You are just a loser asshole because you believe you are better than all of us.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
I don't even have it in me to point out that the Christians are usually louder assholes than the atheists.
Not really. You will always get your one idiot that tells everyone they are going to go to hell, but that is ussually fueled by the atheists calling them idiots. It is alot of bullshit which you guys fail to see. We are very defensive about religion, its kind of forced for most people. But if it wasn't for you assholes you wouldn't have us. Let me see if I can find an example.
Julianking93 said:
There's a good reasoning for this, but its powered by religious fundementalists, therefore, any good point they had is now completely invalid.
JWW said:
This is where religion goes from being a moral guide to bullshit religious supersticion, where it has no right to be.

Sometimes, I am sad to live in America.

[small] 200 posts ftw [/small]
archvile93 said:
I'm all for our right to privacy, but mark of the beast? What a bunch of retards.
Cid SilverWing said:
Another reason why religions should be banned.
Wakikifudge said:
It worries me that religion has started to factor into law making. Pretty soon atheists like me are going to start getting crucified. Oh wait, I live in Canada, far, far away from these red necks.
Red Necks? because I am religious, I am a red neck? (for the record, I think this was a piss poor reason for this law to be made). It really is hard to just pass over this bullshit. Seriously guys, just follow the golden rule. Don't be an unnecessary douchebag.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
I don't even have it in me to point out that the Christians are usually louder assholes than the atheists.
Not really. You will always get your one idiot that tells everyone they are going to go to hell, but that is ussually fueled by the atheists calling them idiots. It is alot of bullshit which you guys fail to see. We are very defensive about religion, its kind of forced for most people. But if it wasn't for you assholes you wouldn't have us.
Actually, I've consistently found that my refusal to accept a standard western Judeo-Christian mindset has provoked more screaming by religious individuals than the reverse. I also don't understand how any group (or groups, if you wanted to simply count ALL judeo-Christian groups at once) with as many adherents has ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO BE DEFENSIVE, EVER.

I've also noticed that by and large, a great deal of persecution is justifiable, provided you're Christian and your victim isn't. It's still just a different form of bigotry.

Example: http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Godless-Billboard-Moved-After-Threats/W0iGN9STXUW0m6VF2g2Xeg.cspx

The above link was even mentioned here on the forums, a while back. I find it somewhat shameful that alleged 'upstanding Christians' were threatening a building owner for an advertising campaign that has NOTHING to do with him. While he may have leased the space on the side of his building to an advertising company, he is in no way responsible for their choice of clients, or the messages the clients wish to display.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
Not really. You will always get your one idiot that tells everyone they are going to go to hell, but that is ussually fueled by the atheists calling them idiots. It is alot of bullshit which you guys fail to see. We are very defensive about religion, its kind of forced for most people. But if it wasn't for you assholes you wouldn't have us. Let me see if I can find an example.
Julianking93 said:
There's a good reasoning for this, but its powered by religious fundementalists, therefore, any good point they had is now completely invalid.
JWW said:
This is where religion goes from being a moral guide to bullshit religious supersticion, where it has no right to be.

archvile93 said:
I'm all for our right to privacy, but mark of the beast? What a bunch of retards.
Cid SilverWing said:
Wakikifudge said:
It worries me that religion has started to factor into law making. Pretty soon atheists like me are going to start getting crucified. Oh wait, I live in Canada, far, far away from these red necks.
Red Necks? because I am religious, I am a red neck? (for the record, I think this was a piss poor reason for this law to be made). It really is hard to just pass over this bullshit. Seriously guys, just follow the golden rule. Don't be an unnecessary douchebag.
Yeah, sorry for not believing in the book of revelations which, from what I've researched, was a satire of Roman policy towards christians. Also, when did I say you were a retard? This just reminds me why church and state are seperated. Although I didn't need another reason other than the intelligent design bullshit.

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
Jaranja said:
For fuck's sake, THOR would not agree with this. This is just stupid, bloody religious idiots meddling with the law and actually getting somewhere with it. I don't know who's more at fault, the people that wanted the law passed or the people that passed it.

[sub]Yes, I'm in a THOR mood tonight.[/sub]
In my opinion, Thor would be too busy smiting people with Mjolnir to give a shit.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
Not really. You will always get your one idiot that tells everyone they are going to go to hell, but that is ussually fueled by the atheists calling them idiots. It is alot of bullshit which you guys fail to see. We are very defensive about religion, its kind of forced for most people. But if it wasn't for you assholes you wouldn't have us.
Actually, I've consistently found that my refusal to accept a standard western Judeo-Christian mindset has provoked more screaming by religious individuals than the reverse. I also don't understand how any group (or groups, if you wanted to simply count ALL judeo-Christian groups at once) with as many adherents has ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO BE DEFENSIVE, EVER.

I've also noticed that by and large, a great deal of persecution is justifiable, provided you're Christian and your victim isn't. It's still just a different form of bigotry.

Example: http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Godless-Billboard-Moved-After-Threats/W0iGN9STXUW0m6VF2g2Xeg.cspx

The above link was even mentioned here on the forums, a while back. I find it somewhat shameful that alleged 'upstanding Christians' were threatening a building owner for an advertising campaign that has NOTHING to do with him. While he may have leased the space on the side of his building to an advertising company, he is in no way responsible for their choice of clients, or the messages the clients wish to display.
I could easily just refer you to my original message. So you don't think religious people are bigotted? And you are reffering me to a story you found on the internet. Do you want me to go find a story of religious persecution, becauseit would be more than easy. So, is everyone who is christian perfect? No, in fact I know that there are shitloads of people who are complete assholes and slightly crazy. Do you think atheist never do these kind of things? Sure they would. does that mean there all batshit crazy? not at all. You can't judge the actions of a few people to the entire group. Or, maybe the case is that you notice more of the things the other group does, probably like me. I don't hate atheists, almost all my friends are atheist. They just don't tell me that am an idiot for believing in something greater than myself.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
archvile93 said:
Yeah, sorry for not believing in the book of revelations which, from what I've researched, was a satire of Roman policy towards christians. Also, when did I say you were a retard? This just reminds me why church and state are seperated. Although I didn't need another reason other than the intelligent design bullshit.
I honestly don't care whether or not you believe in it. Hell, I don't really believe in all of it. I, like most people, find it annoying when a group is simply degraded/insulted like what you did.
I find it funny that you ask when you called me a retard when I never even said anything about you calling me a retard. All I did was quote you.
But in case you don't remember saying it, here it is. The part in bold
archvile93 said:

Codeman90

Apr 24, 2008
I'm just concerned about a loss of freedom. The chips start out innocently, an to speed things up. However, its only a matter of time until it evolves into a complete loss of privacy. I don't care how this crap gets stopped, Religion? Fine, whatever works.

Jan 29, 2009
Damn it!
Stupid southern religious fanatic hicks giving us all a bad name!
I will force them to play Deus Ex and repent!(There's some irony!)

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
Aerodyamic said:
Tdc2182 said:
Julianking93 said:
JWW said:

archvile93 said:
Cid SilverWing said:
Wakikifudge said:
I'm not trying to insult religious people. I'm merely suggesting that Virginia may have a few too many red necks. This is a red neck idea fueled by religion. I am not religious but I doubt any normal religious person (such as yourself most likely) would think that scientific advances are the mark of the devil. I mean seriously, I've never read the bible but I doubt there's anything in there about computer chip implants being the mark of satan. Also, I have no problem with religious people, many of my friends are religious. But when religion interferes with the government, that just doesn't seem right. It just worries me that this might encourage crazy fanatics to strap bombs to themselves and go blow themselves up in some kind of atheist gathering or a scientific building. Sorry if any of this offends you. I mean no disrespect towards you.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
I could easily just refer you to my original message. So you don't think religious people are bigotted? And you are reffering me to a story you found on the internet. Do you want me to go find a story of religious persecution, becauseit would be more than easy. So, is everyone who is christian perfect? No, in fact I know that there are shitloads of people who are complete assholes and slightly crazy. Do you think atheist never do these kind of things? Sure they would. does that mean there all batshit crazy? not at all. You can't judge the actions of a few people to the entire group. Or, maybe the case is that you notice more of the things the other group does, probably like me. I don't hate atheists, almost all my friends are atheist. They just don't tell me that am an idiot for believing in something greater than myself.
Thankfully, you've clearly defined the difference between 'Faith' and 'Religion', so I didn't have to; you have 'Faith' that something greater than yourself exists, and (so far as I can infer from your response), you're not particularly prone to proselytizing, which are characteristics that I almost universally applaud individuals for. I personally don't object to an individual having a specific set of beliefs that include a 'greater power' or a 'godlike figure', provided they don't constantly try to jam it down my throat, or harp about my eventual relegation to some uncomfortable afterlife. I have faith in a variety of things, but I don't include the Judeo-Christian God among them.

Unfortunately, once you get ANY group that all agrees on a specific philosophical ideal, a mutation can begin to occur, where the group begins to view itself as a means of propagating that ideal or message; that's the basis of any religion, essentially. But when you begin to accumulate individuals in a group, a mob mentality can also emerge almost spontaneously, which is where you end up with the preaching and proselytizing common to the American branches of Christianity, and the tendency of those groups to attempt to effect political actions that support their specific religious agenda, in a theoretically secular society. There's really not a great deal of difference between a rioting mob and a group of religious fundamentalists of any stripe, once they get agitated.

The political force that the 'Religious Right' (as an obvious, modern example) can exert is almost completely the reverse of the stated intentions of the American Founding Fathers. One of the founding principles of the US was religious tolerance, and your own Constitution and Bill of Rights reflects that, stating that the government and religion will be kept as separate, distinct entities, and that everyone should be free to pursue a philosophical dogma of their own choosing.The entire reason behind that decision was to clearly promote the notion that the US was different from England, where the reigning monarch is also the Pontiff of the Church of England, and a direct response to the persecution of many American settlers prior to their emigration to America.

However, your assertion that you could readily cite examples of clear and definitive religious persecution of Christians is a somewhat misguided hope; I can point to the persecution of the Christian Lebanese as a relatively recent example, but I'm not coming up with a lot of North American examples, off the top of my head. Traditionally, the philosophical persecution in N.Am tends to be by Christian groups, and targeted at non-religious groups, or groups that adhere to a different dogma altogether. As an example, I'll link the NCSE's (National Centre for Science Education) article on the 10 most notable court cases related to forcing Creationism into American schools.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
matthew_lane said:
Tdc2182 said:
matthew_lane said:
Tdc2182 said:
Is that like; i don't have it in me to yell at those damn scientists who believe in gravity... because i would be wrong and don't have a leg to stand on?

-M
No, More like it is surprising that this is law got passed, seeing how religion can't legally affect this particular law.

Have you ever met a christian who doesn't believe in gravity? You are the reason why I don't like atheists. You are just a loser asshole because you believe you are better than all of us.
LOL. Yes, i have never met a christian who doesn't believe in gravity. I have also met christians who believed gravity was gods doing. To which i could only laugh. But there is no reason to get all angry at me for my ability to use could hard logic & to dispute your initial mis-worded claim.

Chrisitans in America have a whole heap of political clout, just because you say things like "religion can't legally affect this particular law" doesn't mean its true. A better statement should have been "religion shouldn't legally affect the passing of a new law."

In the end however your countries own underflow of religiously charged government hampers a lot more of your logical thinking then you would believe.

-M
I think you are thinking that I believe this law was passed under good reasons. That is not the case. I think the "mark of the beast" thing is a very stupid reason this law got passed.

I am not angry at you for using logic. I believe in gravity and evolutiona and so on. I just don't like your attitude in thinking that we are all religious zealots who don't use reason and your very smug "I am right you are wrong" attitude.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Wakikifudge said:
I'm not trying to insult religious people. I'm merely suggesting that Virginia may have a few too many red necks. This is a red neck idea fueled by religion. I am not religious but I doubt any normal religious person (such as yourself most likely) would think that scientific advances are the mark of the devil. I mean seriously, I've never read the bible but I doubt there's anything in there about computer chip implants being the mark of satan. Also, I have no problem with religious people, many of my friends are religious. But when religion interferes with the government, that just doesn't seem right. It just worries me that this might encourage crazy fanatics to strap bombs to themselves and go blow themselves up in some kind of atheist gathering or a scientific building. Sorry if any of this offends you. I mean no disrespect towards you.
Oh, I misread what you were saying in the original post than.
(for the record)Yeah, this was a very stupid reason for the law to be passed. I also agree that laws should not be affected by religion, unless it seriously interferes with it.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
Thankfully, you've clearly defined the difference between 'Faith' and 'Religion', so I didn't have to; you have 'Faith' that something greater than yourself exists, and (so far as I can infer from your response), you're not particularly prone to proselytizing, which are characteristics that I almost universally applaud individuals for. I personally don't object to an individual having a specific set of beliefs that include a 'greater power' or a 'godlike figure', provided they don't constantly try to jam it down my throat, or harp about my eventual relegation to some uncomfortable afterlife. I have faith in a variety of things, but I don't include the Judeo-Christian God among them.
fair enough, I also get angry when people jam religion down my throat, though it doesnt happen to often anymore.
Unfortunately, once you get ANY group that all agrees on a specific philosophical ideal, a mutation can begin to occur, where the group begins to view itself as a means of propagating that ideal or message; that's the basis of any religion, essentially. But when you begin to accumulate individuals in a group, a mob mentality can also emerge almost spontaneously, which is where you end up with the preaching and proselytizing common to the American branches of Christianity, and the tendency of those groups to attempt to effect political actions that support their specific religious agenda, in a theoretically secular society. There's really not a great deal of difference between a rioting mob and a group of religious fundamentalists of any stripe, once they get agitated.
In this day and age in America of other first world countries(I think thats what they are called), religious mobs are very hard to find. There are always the KKK, which I prefer to not link to my religion. We have no more right than anyone else( sorry if that seems a little off topic)
The political force that the 'Religious Right' (as an obvious, modern example) can exert is almost completely the reverse of the stated intentions of the American Founding Fathers. One of the founding principles of the US was religious tolerance, and your own Constitution and Bill of Rights reflects that, stating that the government and religion will be kept as separate, distinct entities, and that everyone should be free to pursue a philosophical dogma of their own choosing.The entire reason behind that decision was to clearly promote the notion that the US was different from England, where the reigning monarch is also the Pontiff of the Church of England, and a direct response to the persecution of many American settlers prior to their emigration to America.
However, your assertion that you could readily cite examples of clear and definitive religious persecution of Christians is a somewhat misguided hope; I can point to the persecution of the Christian Lebanese as a relatively recent example, but I'm not coming up with a lot of North American examples, off the top of my head. Traditionally, the philosophical persecution in N.Am tends to be by Christian groups, and targeted at non-religious groups, or groups that adhere to a different dogma altogether. As an example, I'll link the NCSE's (National Centre for Science Education) article on the 10 most notable court cases related to forcing Creationism into American schools.
True, in northern America there is not much religious persecution, but it is also hard to find atheist persecution. I am sure somewhere there are hate crimes to an atheist, but I haven't heard off any recently, besides the article you told. But there is a difference between atheism. You can't exactly suppress atheism, seeing how it is merely a lack of belief. We cant make you believe in something, unless you saw it firsthand. Religions are far easier to suppress, all you would have to do is make them not practice there beliefs. There really isn't much attack on either side this modern day and age.

You also have to take into account that common christian mindset (which I don't exactly share, personally I believe that if you live a good life, you will go to heaven, regardless of if you are religious or not. but that is a seperate issue) which is that if a child is not being opened to religion, than he does not have a chance to save himself from damnation. They are doing it for what they believe is a good cause, and as long as it doesn't harm them, it should be allowed for a brief school period.

I understand that there are some idiots in christianity, I really do.

Kittenmauler

Aug 19, 2009
Agree with the OP, I don't want to have anything to do with a damn microchip, but it is funny that some vague reference to the mark of the beast is the reason for it getting banned.