Wow... just... wow.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
They ban mandatory implantation (not banning entirely) and a comment made by someone or another that it's "the mark of the beast" turns it into a religious law? I'm usually the first one to jump on religion, but you're overreacting.

nick_knack

Jul 16, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
forbids companies from forcing their employees to be implanted with tracking devices,
So, it's not all religious bullshit. There's a good reason behind it, too.
Theres another quote in the article though:

"A solution searching for a problem"

I think that applies. That may be valid reasoning, but when was this ever even a question?

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Cid SilverWing said:
Another reason why religions should be banned.
i hate it when people go on and on about how religion is bad and should be banned, its fucking retarted, you have your believes and i will have mine, you dont worship a god, and i worship god, its stupid comits like this that start a load of cra.

vacuumbrand

Apr 1, 2009
Taipan700 said:
Personally I think microchipping is a terrible idea that will severely worsten everyones views on the government and will probably kill off everyones right to privacy.

Microchipping notorious peadophiles and murderers is a good idea though.

It has its uses but they must be used properly, minimally, and on the right people.
This.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
hmm mark of the beast you say ^.o
eh, wusses, someone in the religious community will shoot the first person that looks like the antichrist and has a real chance at the title, and not the random emos or teh creepy (or at least trying to be) goth kids

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
mklnjbh said:
http://rawstory.com/2010/02/virginia-passes-law-banning-chip-implants-mark-beast/

This is why I wake up in the morning glad I don't live in the Southern United States. I am not a fan of microchips in humans, nanomachines in our brains and computers the size of a pin-point, but this just blows me away.

Thoughts?
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it is MUCH funnier than you think. In the 'Left Behind' series of fictional biblical apocalypse novels, the mark of the beast is a microchip. These people cannot discern between theology, fiction, and reality. It terrifies me. Thank God I live in Austin, Texas. Yeah, it's in the south but it's like a mecca of people who have degrees, brains, and thumbs.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
My main thought on this is "they're doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, but I'll accept that."

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
Crazy religious reasons aside, I would never put a chip in my body. Ever heard of Big Brother?

No thank you, sir.

paddyfro

Oct 2, 2009
i agreee with them not putting trackers in people, but all the religious bullpoo was outlandish, i mean how can peopler still think like that, and if they do why tell everyone?

inpachi

Apr 17, 2009
I have a letter my friend found a week ago or so that is perfectly relevant to this type of situation! get ready!!

Letter to Dr. Laura highlights fallacy in a particular anti-homosexual argument.

Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God?s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can?t I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don?t agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn?t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God?s word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

And this is why following Biblical practices is archaic and an ass-backwards way to live.

HAHA this letter cracks me up every time i read it!

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
Just the thought of having a freaking tracking and identification device implanted in me, makes me happy to live in a country where these kind of things aren't matters at hand (yet, at least...)

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
You know why I'm glad I don't live in the US? I just received a hospital bill of over 8000 euro and I only have to pay 120 euro myself!

Yes, that's right. So you guys go right ahead and kill off Obama's health reform plans.

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
I agree 100% with the decision to not let companies or anyone for that matter force anyone to be microchiped, with the exception of pets.
Why would anyone want to be traceable 24/7 by god knows who for god knows what.

The mark of the beast thing is complete crap though. And it scares me that it takes religion to pass the bill, but hey means to an end...

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
From the link said:
Virginia's House of Delegates passed a bill that forbids companies from forcing their employees to be implanted with tracking devices

What sort of employer..... You actually tag your employees so you know where they are in America?

_Serendipity_

Jun 15, 2008
This is making me... conflicted...

Banning employers being able to put a tracking chip in their employees is a great thing (because that is mad evil, right there), but the idea that the bill was passed for frankly rather insane religious reasons is worrying to say the least.

willer357

Dec 22, 2008
I'm just laughing my ass off that they called machines and technology the 'Mark of the Beast'
though I can't really say much because I was born and live in South Carolina

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
Ataxia said:
ReincarnatedFTP said:
robert632 said:
Isn't it against there constitution to involve religion in government(the law is part of the government, right?).
It's in the Bill of Rights. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof".

Not that the far right Christards who make up the Republicans care. Apparently we are a Christian country only, and all our heritage is Christian despite many of the Founding Father's deism and other beliefs. And if you think we shouldn't allow public schools and entities to endorse Christian prayer specifically, then you're a dirty fucking commie. Under God was always in the Constitution, ignore the fact that the phrase was added in. And we still have DADT for the military. And marriage is supposedly a religious institution only despite the fact that it's a government contract with benefits. And blue laws are okay. And evolution is fictional so we should all teach creationism in biology class. And.....
Well you get the idea.
Alot of Christians believe in a mix (I do) and both are theories evolution and creationism and unless you can prove either...Anyway I don't think the government should really get involved in religion though.
Then I'm not referring to you when I say "Christard". I have no problem with Christianity, it's just evangelists who think the government should endorse their religion that get me going.