WoW Mists of Pandaria - why I'm convinced it's a joke.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I think it's real. It isn't unusual for fan-favourite joke characters to be introduced as actual playables, just look at Rain from MK.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Nobody said anything when the Tauren and Night Elf races showed up out of nowhere in Warcraft III, the introductions of the old gods which are obviously inspired by Lovecraftian horrors, the blatantly Norse-themed Northrend with the mythological gods as the watchers of Ulduar, or that the freaking UNDEAD joined the Horde to begin with.

It's all a matter of preference. People will get used to drunken anthropomorphic pandas soon enough.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Rawne1980 said:
People love it no matter what. They piss and moan over changes but continue throwing money at it.
I wish statements like these were a bannable offense.

How many of the people who play WoW do you think participate in any sort of online forum activity, to speak nothing of actually bashing WoW? Here's another thought, maybe the people bashing it aren't even playing it (or playing it anymore), so they can't stop throwing money at them?

*SPOILER ALERT - ANSWERS*
Barely anybody who pays for WoW is actively bashing it on forums of any kind. Furthermore, the people who do bash it and don't pay have nothing to do with the overwhelmingly casual crowd which is WoW's target audience.

Basically, stop calling us the problem. It's obnoxious and rage inducing.
Did I, in any part of my post, aim it at every single person that plays?

No?

Wind your neck in then cupcake.

I played up until a few months ago and was a dweller on their forums that are always full of pissing and moaning.

Not everyone, the forums are only a small portion, but people that play do complain.

NOT EVERYONE, I didn't state everyone I didn't even reference everyone. I said people. That insinuates ... people ... not everyone. Don't put words in my mouth and stop reading into what isn't there.

Sorry to get a bit testy with you but i'm getting a bit pissed off with some people on this forum jumping to conclusions over shit I didn't type out to begin with.

Yes people complain and yes they keep paying. You don't? Congratulations but others do.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Sansha said:
1. The trailer is unusually slapdash.
Done before.

Sansha said:
2. The way the trailer was played.
Hilarious, I'll give you that, I actually said the exact same thing in our TOR group when I saw it :)

Sansha said:
3. Blizzard's trademark of 'Mists of Pandaria'.
I remember them trademarking expansion names before. MMO Champion always brings that stuff forward and it always happens in the same way, right before a Blizzcon when they announce the new expansion.

Sansha said:
4. Pandaren 'lore'.
Because Blizzard still cares about lore.

Sansha said:
I'm holding off my rage and subscription cancellation until I can be presented with evidence that this is something other than an elaborate prank.
Might wanna look to WoW forums. Or alternatively, turn off the conspiracy theory part of your brain and see it for what it is.

Sindwiller

Mar 15, 2008
To be frank, the trailer has made a very good impression on me - and I don't even remotely like WoW (used to be a huge Warcraft fan though :p)

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Rawne1980 said:
Specify. "They piss and moan and throw money at it anyway" is a jab at forum nay-sayers if I ever saw one. Certainly is an often expressed sentiment, too, for whatever reason.
*cheer*

It IS a jab at forum moaners correct.

Because they are complaining and they are paying for it.

To clarify I was referencing the WoW forums but thought that would be obvious. I keep forgetting I need to go into absolute detail on these forums lest someone pick apart my post without understanding it.

Common complaints on Cataclysm release were broken healers, broken talents, too difficult, not difficult enough (basically the same as every expansion) while they happily threw money at the game.

If people don't like something then don't bloody pay, is it really that hard?

Am I making myself clearer yet?

Yes, yes I dislike the tools that whined like feth on the WoW forums while throwing their purses/wallets in the general direction of Blizzard and expecting people to take them seriously.

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
Rawne1980 said:
TJ rock 101 said:
It seems like they have just given up and gone to work on the Titan project thing.
Can't be bothered just yet but in a bit i'll fish out an interview some game magazine did with on Blizz's execs.

It's about them shifting all the "experienced" guys over to Titan and left the guys they had been training up on WoW. But not to worry they are a great team and know what they are doing.

Although I think anyone with half a brain knows that WoW is just Blizzards cash bag and no matter what they do will still have around 10 million subs.

People love it no matter what. They piss and moan over changes but continue throwing money at it.

People started hailing the doom of WoW earlier this year when it dropped from 12 million to 10 million subs but it didn't drop any lower.

It's like my bloody gran. No matter how old they get they won't just roll over and die.
I hate this all as much as the next guy but what is the Titan project?

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
InfectedStar said:
I hate this all as much as the next guy but what is the Titan project?
It's the new MMO Blizzard are working on at the moment.

According to some sources it's a completely new IP so not based on Diablo, Warcraft or Starcraft but Blizz have been quiet about it so far.

All we do know for sure is they are working on a a new MMO "so far" named Titan.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Rawne1980 said:
These aren't WoW forums, are they?

Again, only a small fraction of the WoW player base frequent forums of any kind. The only thing that would change if they "stopped whining" is that the community would seem perfectly content with every change Blizzard is introducing. It is possible to show distaste towards some part of a whole product and still enjoy it.
If I could be bothered with mod wrath i'd be questioning your intellect about now.

I know these aren't the WoW forums I didn't aim my comments at these forums....

I was just saying that people will complain and still pay. Other people seem to have a notion that when people complain about something then it is shit. It still has 10 million subs therefore it must be doing something right.

Do I really need to go into detail with this?

Are you really that....

Forget it, I give up.

Like talking to a bloody wall.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
As far as your technical complaints, Blizzard does everything half assed now because they know their fans are morons who will praise it as Jesus no matter what.

The don't care about lore and haven't for a long time.

The Panda men were supposed to be in the game a long time ago but because of Chinese law they didn't do it. Appearenlty this is the only idea they have left. They also know how many furries play their game and this is yet another way to panda to them.

It's not a joke. It is quite real. Blizzard will now pump out one shitty, game-raping expansion every year because they can.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
SecretNegative said:
Wait...Blizzard still says that they have 10 million active subs? Then I must push this button:

They've had about 12.5 million TOTAL subscriptions, i.e. 12.5 million people have in total pushed the subscription button. That counts for all those who had multiple accounts, created one for a month in vanilal and then left, those who only played through vanilla, those who quit in Wrath, those who have quit in Cata and those who are still playing.

So you take 12.5 million, minus multiboxing, minus those who left in vanilla, minus those who left in TBC, minus those who left in Wrath, and minus those who left in Cata. I think you're after that is ending up with a lot less than 10 million. I'd say about 3-4. Don't get me wrong, WoW is still a huge game, but they haven't made the trial last forever and been giving out TBC for free for no reason.

And with more and more people leaving WoW and more and more MMO:s popping up, there isn't that many that'll join it.
Then I sit corrected.

The last numbers that were popping up last time I checked were in the 10 million region. I didn't look any deeper I was just curious as to how many subs they had at the time.

3-4 million sounds a bit more realistic.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Rawne1980 said:
You expect people who pay for something to shut up and be perfectly content with it is what I gather. Whatever.
Not entirely no.

But I do expect that people that voiced the loudest would cancel their subs.

People were talking about how shit it had got and how it will never be the same as TBC and other crap along those lines.

Now, to me at least, if somebody dislikes something that much then I have to question why they are still paying for it.

I find it really hard to take someone seriously when they have nothing but complaints but still carry on doling out the cash. People claimed they didn't have fun anymore and just logged in for the guild company. Is that really worth a monthly sub?

Others claimed they were paying on the hope it gets better. Why not stop and then try again when the next expansion comes out.

It's all common sense. Some people I saw complaining had none.

There are always going to be people complaining about something. Nothing is ever perfect. But when someone is saying they don't enjoy it anymore yet still pay I can't take that person seriously.