WoW Veterans Get a Free Game for a Friend

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
huh....I've been playing since Runetotem first came up, which I believe was 2005. Still haven't gotten an Email but Blizzard tends to take a while for that kind of thing.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
SilverKyo said:
Rofl, raiding is hard. Cata raiding is E-Zmode unless you want to try to do hard modes, in which case you better be a serious progression raider. Cata raiding can generally be summed up in, "Don't stand in the fire, don't hit that, kill the adds, and DON'T STAND IN THE FRIGGEN FIRE, FIRE DOES NOT GIVE A HASTE BUFF!" If you can't manage that, then you were doomed before you left the starting gate.
Cataclysm isn't nearly as easy as Wrath where you could just Aoe spam everything and win.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
My current account has been active since hte tail end of BC, and I haven't gottan an email. It's probably just for accounts made back in vanilla.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
I got that Mail..i think. I just deleted it. I havent played WoW since before even BC came out and have no Interest of returning, let alone throwing it at a Friend. Which also play other MMOs xD

Yuffie_gameovert

Jun 17, 2011
Icehearted said:
The community that made this game big has grown older, their tastes are likely hanging, and this game really has about run it's course with most people. I imagine a lot of it's players haven't been with them form the start.
Exactly - and bearing in mind WOW veterans with changing tastes are likely to have friends of similar ages/interests anyway who aren't going to pick up WOW or continue with WOW. Who do they give the game to?

They need a way of getting the young market to pick it up. But is whole aesthetic of WOW going to hold people's attention? Lord of the Rings etc is maybe a little 'out' now. The younger generations of gamers and nerds probably prefer a more sci-fi tech world to a ye olde fantasy vibe. It'll be interesting to see if the MMO survives.

AlexWinter

Jun 24, 2009
I checked my emails to see if I had an unread email from Blizzard.

And found out someone's hacked into my account, changed all my details and is trying to sell my account. 0.0

Good job I don't play anymore.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I'd like to give it a shot now, when it had just come out I think I was in the sixth grade and paying a subscription fee for a game was ridiculous; now, however, I think it's probably worth the money if you play it a bunch since, while you can buy a bunch of games for the price of a Year's worth of WoW, you could still have just as much fun playing WoW anyway.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Then you have to get a copy of all the expansions. Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and then Cataclysm.

So I can't see how this really helps much.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
It looks like Blizzard is getting a little concerned about their subscription figures, eh? My account's been unused since cata came out and even I got an e-mail. If I were to venture a guess the idea here is that I get somebody new to play and perhaps come back to the game myself? However I wouldn't dare dream of passing along an addiction to anybody that I care about. Sorry Blizzard, I'm not going to play your pusher for you.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Friends don't let other friends try WoW.

World of Warcraft.

Not even once.

WaaghPowa said:
SilverKyo said:
Rofl, raiding is hard. Cata raiding is E-Zmode unless you want to try to do hard modes, in which case you better be a serious progression raider. Cata raiding can generally be summed up in, "Don't stand in the fire, don't hit that, kill the adds, and DON'T STAND IN THE FRIGGEN FIRE, FIRE DOES NOT GIVE A HASTE BUFF!" If you can't manage that, then you were doomed before you left the starting gate.
Cataclysm isn't nearly as easy as Wrath where you could just Aoe spam everything and win.
Here's my armoury page, does it entitle me to have an opinion?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aszune/baneat/simple
I'm by no means a super raider but I've been in a few and done a couple of HM's on this guy.

Tier 11 is miles harder than WotLK, even on normal. It doesn't even compare. Tier 11 is harder than ICC was.

"Summed up in"

It's like those guys that beg the question "As long as everyone knows what they're doing the raid is easy". WELL OF COURSE YOU DERPS! I can break down any fight in the game to similar components and say well that makes it easy dunnit?

A good reason to explain the loss of memberships is that tier 11 is way too hard to PuG. By all means, leave the hard modes intact, they weren't *too* bad actually, but PuGGers don't even attempt Al'Akir, Council(BoT) or half of BWD since they just feel there's *no chance in hell*. In Wrath you could pug all the way up to the Lich King, and I know of a guy that actually killed him in a PuG

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Keep your WoW filth Blizzard, where my Zerg Crawl and Diablo 3

Death to World of Warcrap

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Hmmm... wonder if they will send it to a veteran player who doesn't currently have a subscription. XP

samaugsch

Oct 13, 2010
Why do they make you pay to buy the main game to install it on your computer and still make you pay once a month to keep playing it?

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
There we go, 'You still need to buy the expansions' mmm and they only cost 5x more than vanilla altogether.... anyway if you work it out it's more in a year of subscriptions so who cares.
As many have said they're just spreading the virus, brb my heroic's ready.

theskadudeguy

Nov 19, 2010
I've never played WoW or any game like it. I would love to give it a go, but I don't know if I could deal with paying the subscription. Then again that is what a lot of people I know said so maybe I shouldn't give it a go...

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Enigmers said:
I'd like to give it a shot now, when it had just come out I think I was in the sixth grade and paying a subscription fee for a game was ridiculous; now, however, I think it's probably worth the money if you play it a bunch since, while you can buy a bunch of games for the price of a Year's worth of WoW, you could still have just as much fun playing WoW anyway.
If I got as much fun out of a years worth of games as I did out of WoW, I'd probably wonder why I didn't get any good games that year.