Write Epic Fanfiction, Win a Trip to Blizzard

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
If I knew any Blizzard lore whatsoever, I would totally enter in this contest - a chance to see Blizzard studios? Awesome. But all my knowledge of the Warcraft universe comes from skipping through quest logs and standing around healing in raids and groups, soaking in the architecture. xD

Nyan Cat

Jun 7, 2009
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I need to enter this. Right now. TO MICROSOFT WORD!

Although, I need an idea...

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Hmm Barbarian statue thingy or a fucking sword? It's almost as though they think there's some kind of decision there.

The only question is lore friendly or B.net friendly. Actually there's another question where can I find a homeless person that has a fine arts degree in creative writing.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I'll write something, if, AND ONLY IF! Once I get there I get to roll in Blizzards money/souls pile.

Dingoman013

Mar 11, 2009
hey does anyoneow if there is anything about what happened to tyrael after baal was freed by diablo in D2

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
I skimmed last year's winning submission. Do not let mediocrity stop you from entering this contest. The bar isn't nearly as high as you might think. I daresay even Yahtzee has a chance.

As for the poor saps who have to sift through countless shit stories, that's not really how literature works. If the first 10-20% of a piece is awful, the last 80-90% cannot redeem it. The winner should, necessarily, be solid start to finish. As a judge, you only have to finish reading the entries that obviously don't suck.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Hhhmmmm, I was trying to come up with a good idea for a story of late. This would be a good exercise as an angle instantly popped into my head when I read this.

Now to pull up some Diablo (as I don't care a bit about either Crafts' stories) sites for background and see if I can fit this into the existing lore.

I'd pick the Frostmourne sword over the barbarian statue I think, even though I'll never touch WoW in my life.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
There was ones a 14 year old boy who didnt fit into real life so he got a game to be a strong warrior instead of working on his social problem he would raid days and night for cloths with higher numbers on them, he would remake his raid guild application every few months in case his guild disbanded. he would raid so much and so long that even though he was 18 he was still a 14 year old at heart and in the mind. and now he spends his days on gaming forums arguing his opinion on life and games with people that overall agree with him

That brings up a question how do "HARDCORE" raiders live? i mean do they atlest have a job?

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
The best way to get new ideas sometimes is, reading crappy fan-fiction, and there is an occasional diamond in the rough.
After all, they have D3 and SC2 coming, some help (idea stealing/borrowing from fans) is needed.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
MorteSphere said:
One thousand vile sex fanfictions later:

"This was a ugly mistake."
Eh, they already have satirical sex fanfictions in the game, courtesy of Blizzard.

There are some "collectible" gray books you can pickpocket or fish out, or something. I think there are at least 3 at this point that have short and hilarious fan fiction with obvious sexual undertones.

More on topic, I'm tempted to try...

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
MorteSphere said:
One thousand vile sex fanfictions later:

"This was a ugly mistake."
Lulz... Sadly, I had an idea for a necromancer from Diablo 2 who fell in love with his rogue mercenary. This made me laugh since I didn't put sex in it. XD