Writing on the wall - A chance to be a part of Escapist history!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
[HEADING=1]I have finished, read second post![/HEADING]As you can see [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.363767-The-Escapist-Background-Contest#14236314] there is a contest going on for making new backgrounds for the Escapist. Now, lacking art skills of any degree I decided that my contribution could be a collaborative effort. We'll fill a background with the names of users to show what we as a community can do together.

Where the patrons of the club signed their name to become a part of the building.

Some will say what's the point of it. Well the site will be here for years to come, I'm sure of it. So when new users in 2015 get bored and switch the background settings what will they see? If this is successful it is possible your name among the many who signed up for this. If anything this will appeal to you if you're the kind of person who left their initials on your desk in High School for the hell of it.

[HEADING=1]So this is what we'll do if you're interested:[/HEADING]

spacer

[HEADING=2]Step 1: Post on the thread and indicate you want your username on it.[/HEADING]

[sub]spacer[/sub]

[HEADING=2]Step 2: If you care about the font used for your name on the background PM me.[footnote]Image should be white text on black background with size 20. Font is your choice.[/footnote][/HEADING]

[sub](If you don't care about your font I will just pick a random font for you out of my small collection)[/sub]
[HEADING=2]Step 3: If you want something special done with your name, say so in the post below.[/HEADING]
[sub](We'll need your full username but if you want it put on at an angle, upside down or something let me know and I'll see what I can do)[/sub]

[HEADING=2]Step 4: Indicate who your friends are so I can make small groupings of names.[/HEADING]

[sub](Or I guess you could request to be put in totally random. It's up to you although where the names/groupings of names go will be random anyway. Please sort out how you want this done among yourselves below if you want a grouping.)[/sub]

**Removed due to no longer having the space to properly accommodate this.**

[HEADING=2]Due to the popularity of this I can no longer offer special flips or tilts.

If you have a special font you want PM me and we'll see if I can squeeze it in.

If not you'll have to make do with the fonts available to me. Thanks for your support!
[/HEADING]

If enough of us sign up there is the possibility of this being a future background choice for the site. Do you want to be a part of this? Sign up here! We have until the 20th to do this and if you're artistically talented I suggest you put in your own submission. This was just something I came up with when I remembered the contest was ongoing. Go ahead, scrawl your name on a wall for future forum goers to see!

[HEADING=2]Final list of names on wall:[/HEADING]

[user]Mojo_22[/user]

[user]Sonicron[/user]

[user]triggahappyhaza[/user]

[user]arnoldthebird[/user]

[user]Chocoface[/user]

[user]Guffe[/user]

[user]BENZOOKA[/user]

[user]Kursura[/user]

[user]DugMachine[/user]

[user]timelordrick[/user]

[user]tipp6353[/user]

[user]mafayapenguin94[/user]

[user]Sizzle Montyjing[/user]

[user]KrossBillNye[/user]

[user]acer840[/user]

[user]TimeLord[/user]

[user]Ldude893[/user]

[user]Senor Smoke21[/user]

[user]War Penguin[/user]

[user]trollnystan[/user]

[user]ToastiestZombie[/user]

[user]neonit[/user]

[user]Daniel_Rosamilia[/user]

[user]Thulak[/user]

[user]overpuce[/user] (now known as [user]Disasterchild[/user]

[user]natster43[/user]

[user]Eleuthera[/user]

[user]Pakkie[/user]

[user]Frozen Donkey Wheel2[/user]

[user]lacktheknack[/user]

[user]Cpu46[/user]

[user]Richardplex[/user]

[user]IrishAdams[/user]

[user]Pat8u[/user]

[user]mrhappy1489[/user]

[user]tjarne[/user]

[user]The Violet Bandit[/user]

[user]JLML[/user]

[user][The]Rock[/user]

[user]Phlakes[/user]

[user]Kenbo Slice[/user]

[user]Panorama[/user]

[user]baconsarnie[/user]

[user]CrazyJew[/user]

[user]RaphaelsRedemption[/user]

[user]Blind77[/user]

[user]NikolaiK[/user]

[user]Lunar Templar[/user]

[user]Noxman[/user]

[user]Bang Kaboom Ferrell[/user]

[user]Sam Eskenazi[/user]

[user]hazabaza1[/user]

[user]Pegghead[/user]

[user]NeuroticDogDad[/user]

[user]Redworld13[/user]

[user]tippy2k2[/user]

[user]Mordekaien[/user]

[user]Nouw[/user]

[user]Owlslayer[/user]

[user]The Pinray[/user]

[user]staika[/user]

[user]commodore96[/user]

[user]Mariakko[/user]

[user]MightyMole[/user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]

[user]Jack and Calumon[/user] (Calumon is offstage by request)

*I will update the list of names and the background periodically*

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009

Updated to page 3. As you can see I'm going to be shifting back to the left side now, not very balanced...

EDIT: Updated to post 189. Still room.

EDIT the second: Updated to the top of page 10. G'night guys!

FINAL EDIT: It is 2:30 AM, I am tired but I think this is the finished product. Tell me what you think and thank you so much for contributing to this!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
You realise that the title in the top-middle is going to be covered either by adverts or the Motto of the Moment? It might be best to put it in a corner or something.

Also may as well sign me up! Use Comic Sans

I'm totally serious.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
I'd love to be a part of this :).

Username: DugMachine

I'm with the poster above, Comic Sans all the way for my font haha. And place it anywhere, don't really care who i'm grouped with.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TimeLord said:
You realise that the title in the top-middle is going to be covered either by adverts or the Motto of the Moment? It might be best to put it in a corner or something.
Will change it then.

Also may as well sign me up! Use Comic Sans

I'm totally serious.
Matthew94 said:
I want my name on it, and I want it in COMIC SANS.

That'll show those english snobs.
We're going to have people shouting "COMIC SANS" and shaking their fist at my background then? That's cool. My friend will not be amused! :D

Dec 14, 2009
Sign me up!

Daystar Clarion

Comic Sans also.

For the lulz.

Changed my mind. Remembered how much I hate Comic Sans :D

I don't mind the font that's used to display your username on your profile page.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Redlin5 said:
TimeLord said:
I updated it with the new names and the title shifted to top right. Thoughts on putting it there?

No room to put Community in though :/
It should be ok now. What's up with the date by the way? Unless I've jumped forward 6/7 months again.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
TimeLord said:
Redlin5 said:
TimeLord said:
I updated it with the new names and the title shifted to top right. Thoughts on putting it there?

No room to put Community in though :/
It should be ok now. What's up with the date by the way? Unless I've jumped forward 6/7 months again.
I've most commonly seen it here in Canada as MM/DD/YYYY. I set the day as the 20th as that is the deadline and April is...

Ohoho, me being stupid. I'll fix that.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I don't mind the font that's used to display your username on your profile page.
Err, Times Roman or something else? I'm not really good with identifying fonts on sight.

Dec 14, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Err, Times Roman or something else? I'm not really good with identifying fonts on sight.
Neither am I :D

The font you used looks good Redlin, I'll have that one.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Redlin5 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Will do!

After this I have to eat and get through a job interview so I won't be updating until probably sometime this evening. I'll catch up later!

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, I can dig it. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F91-45Crz0]

Username: Zombie_Fish

Font: Lucida Handwriting (I'm too pretentious for Comic Sans)

Diagonally bottom-left to top-right if possible, otherwise just do it normally.

I don't really mind where it is currently since not that many people are on it yet.

Dec 14, 2009
Redlin5 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Redlin5 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

Will do!

After this I have to eat and get through a job interview so I won't be updating until probably sometime this evening. I'll catch up later!
Good luck at the interview :D

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Sounds cool. I'd like to be in it.
You can just put my name wherever.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Would I be able to be at the bottom right? With a circle around my username. For the moment, could I have my font as Calibri? Thanks very much.