WTF moments in Fallout 3

Evil the White

Apr 16, 2009
I managed to jump off the top of Tenpenny Tower and use a grenade to cusion my fall. Didn't help that it exploded halfway down.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
toadking07 said:
fisting ghoul
Thank you for that absolutely horrifying mental image.

Aside from the usual deathclaw going into orbit thing nothing fun ever really happens to me. Only thing that really terrified the hell out of me was scripted to happen if I kept doing what I was doing.
in the mothership zeta exspansion there is a button you can press that spawns raiders and radscorpions to battle each other. You watch this from a safe viewing area where there is only about a foot tall hole you can watch through. One of the times you hit the button nothing will appear in the "area" but if you look to your left you will see a giant albino radscorpion has spawned about a foot away from you. Hopy you brought a change of pants ;)

OldManProdigy

Dec 18, 2008
i was talking to crazy Wolfgang and his head made a full 360 rotation...

another time, wondering the waste i saw a head floating in the air that was just made up of the blown up head fragments that amazingly was in tact. (so basically the two eyeballs, brain and half jaw stuck together.)

wtfclowns

Apr 15, 2009
Lugnut. Just.... Lugnut.

"I'm only gonna ask you this one time. Give me the Naughty Nightwear!"

Blackdoom

Sep 11, 2008
My moment is going to EB games to finally buy Fallout 3, the person working there said they were sold out so I would have to wait until the next shipment. I got a phone call last week from them saying it was in so after school I went there to find out that they didn't have it and that I would have to wait again. If EB wasn't the only place in a 100km radius that sold games I would go somewhere else to get it.

When I eventually get my copy I hope to see a flying Deathclaw or something of equal hilarity.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I was travelling through the subway system and entered a room that I thought was an empty room... well, technically, it was. It was a room where, if you pressed a panel on the wall, part of the floor would open up to reveal some stairs that you could continue on from. I didn't realize this for a bit, however; I was too busy trying to track down a nearby feral ghoul's "BLAAAAARGH!" screeching.

My search ended up fruitless... that is, until I noticed that I was taking damage from "nowhere". Looking down, I see the feral ghoul I was looking for, half-clipped through the floor and slashing at my ankles. I yelped and half-clipped him back, if you get my meaning; took me about five minutes to regain my wits afterwards.

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
slipknot4 said:
Missed a headshot on on a super mutant and got a critical hit on mysterious stranger. I looked trough the entire place after his corpse.
I never found it... *sad face*
Same here, but I killed him with a nuka grenade, found his arm afterwards but nothing else.
must have been a glich or somthing, was fun though.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Not a glitch, but for me a WTF moment was the first time I looted the body of an enclave soldier and got their armor - even though I had turned him and everything on him into a pile of goo.

Mackie Stingray

Feb 15, 2010
I was irritated that the entire storyline for the Ant-Agonist was foreshadowed in comic book critique format in Washington DC, but that this knowledge provided no edge in untangling that matter in the town no matter what order you encountered these things. To me, this was a WTF moment.

pwnthemonkeys

Dec 26, 2009
The two most wtf moments would be when a bunch of robobrains kept on falling in big town, one disappeared right before another one fell from the sky. Whenever I visit that place I see the same thing.

Then there was this other time when I was in little lamp light and everything turned purple and red. Turned out that my xbox was messed up and now can't show any video, but can still play audio. I had to get a new one.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Well surprised no one mentioned this one. But the biggest WTF moment for me was the first time you run into the Fire Ants. Up till then I had already run across several normal giant ants and didn't think anything about it. So when one got close and filled my screen with fire I freaked out. Its not the damage really when dealing with them its the 'Auugh i cant see shit to aim' that the fire does.